InfusionTea

• Vegetarian
Contact 407-999-5255

1600 Edgewater Dr (at Guernsey St), Orlando, Florida, USA, 32804

A modern tea house cafe located in the College Park area. Features an extensive organic tea menu in addition to vegetarian and vegan fare. Serving breakfast items, sandwiches and wraps, appetizers, soups, pizza, and salads. The space is available for hosting garden tea party, bridal showers, birthday parties, and special dinner events.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Organic, Catering

First Review by ShiraM

Didn't love our first visit - Edit

We hit this place up for lunch and it was moderately busy. The employee taking our order at the cash register wasn't the nicest. Asking a question about the way something was prepared was obviously an inconvenience for him.

We got some drinks and took a couple vegan baked goods to our table which were delicious. Very thankful we bought those because our order took forever! We finally got up and asked someone where it was and she went in the back and brought it right out. I'm guessing it was done long ago and they simply forgot about it.

We all had some type of wrap and all were good, but they weren't that big. Had we only gotten those wraps, my teens would have still been hungry.

The atmosphere was nice. I'd give them another try if we were in the area, but I wouldn't go out of my way. I think customer service is so important and they failed to impress us on our first visit which always leaves a bad taste.

Cons: Slow service, Not the nicest employee

Not your typical teahouse - Edit

Having failed to find the farmers' market that was supposed to be outside, my partner and I popped in for some tea. The range of teas is impressive, and all are available hot or iced.

We then decided to stay for food. The omnivore went for the Southwest burrito, and I chose the Mushroom Quesadilla, which cost an extra dollar to make vegan. Both came with wholemeal tortillas, which had a melty quality a bit like a thin paratha, suggesting it's quite high in fat. I thoroughly enjoyed mine, and the other half was also satisfied.

The atmosphere of the place is clean and modern, with half the space taken up by a shop selling locally made crafts. Staff were friendly but, as a non-believer, I have to say that the Bible quotes in the restrooms were disconcerting to say the least!

Pros: whole foods, good for omnivores, clean

Cons: nagging in the restrooms, not as healthy as it seems

Delightful Cafe - Edit

Isn't it wonderful when delectable and healthy join forces? Infusion Tea offers a broad selection of delightful teas and a menu filled with vegetarian and vegan delights. Tempeh Chili is delicious--get the vegan cornbread with it!

Pros: Vegan foods, Tempeh Chili, Salads

Healthy Orlando shocker - Edit

Great to get healthy and tasty food in Orlando. We had humous which came with great pitta, delicious black bean soup and the seasonal roasted sweet potato salad, and everything was magic. My daughter had the cheese and fruit board which she loved, the cafe is nice inside but we sat in the outside area, which had plenty of shade.
The only downside was the waiter who dropped our dishes and shouted f*** it, which my two yea old repeated for ten minutes!

Pros: Great heathy food, Selection of tea

My favorite - Edit

I have been a customer of Infusion Tea since it started out in its smaller shop down the street. There is nothing I dislike about Infusion Tea, well--except that I can't have them closer to my home in Oviedo. :) They have extensive offerings of teas and their menu is always filled with delicious vegetarian choices. I have many favorites--the nut and honey wrap, pear salad, mediterranean pizza, gazpacho, chili---I culd go on and on. They also have great tea items to purchase and an adorable shop connected with gorgeous art. If you are a tea drinker--this is the best we have in Orlando. Go and love it!

Pros: Many choices, Delicious food, Great shopping

OMG Best vegan soup in Orlando! - Edit

Ok people, I ate lunch at Infusion Tea today and the food and service were amazing! I had the split pea coconut soup and it was D E L I C I O U S! My fiend had the pesto panini and it was vegan and crispy goodness all the way through. Service was not quick, but not terribly slow either. But it slammed with people the entire time I was there. Then I just went back for the weekly farmers market they have in the parking lot on Thursday nights. All around amazing place. BTW, it has a really cool gift shop attached that's an Arts Co-op that I got a few gifts in before leaving.

Pros: amazing food, decent service, awesome atmosphere

Cons: a little slow

Awful service, messed up order - Edit

I have had several encounters with bad customer service at this place. New management proves to be rude unaccommodating. The food can be delicious though greasy. I have had my take-out order ruined with the exact opposite of what I asked, such as "add tempeh to chili lime burrito" receiving a completely different burrito, normally with tempeh, without ANY tempeh! What the heck! [edit by staff- see ToS]

Pros: some tasty food, good location

Cons: rude staff, messed up orders

Wonderful Place with Good Food - Edit

I found InfusionTea through Happy Cow and was one happy vegan as a result. We had lunch which was all wonderful and tasty. The vegan burrito was perfect, filling and full of flavor. The wraps were all perfect as well. Prices are very reasonable and if you are into tea there is plenty to chose from. We came back for breakfast the next day which was great as well but they should open earlier! Highly recommend.

Pros: Tasty Food, Reasonable Prices, Friendly Staff

New Location, Great Food - Edit

I love this place! On Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays, they have the most incredible vegan tempeh chili. They have other good vegan and vegetarian options during the week as well. Infusion just moved to a larger place less than a block away. (Corner of Edgewater and Guernsey). Better parking, really spacious.

Pros: good food, knowledgable staff, nice environment

Cons: still a little slow

Return to Orlando Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has InfusionTea closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 6046 times since Aug 2007.