Hussong's Cantina

Contact 702-632-6450

3930 Las Vegas Blvd S Unit 121B, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA, 89119

Serves meat, vegan options available. In 2012 added a vegan menu with items including enchiladas, chile rellenos and burritos. Uses daiya cheese and Gardein products. Mon-Sun 11:00am-11:00pm

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Take-out, Mexican, Non-veg

First Review by Eminlv

Vegan menu good selections - Edit

The vegan menu is a full page on the back of their main menu & has many options. Including appetizers, a large entree selection. Their guacamole on the vegan menu was great. Their margaritas are vegan as I was told my the server.

Middling Taste, Bar atmosphere, Good options - Edit

Has a full-page vegan menu, with extensive vegan options & meat/dairy substitutes for everything. I'm just not sure they're very good.
The tortilla chips were inedible - way too salty & from a bag (though the salsa was good). I had the vegan enchilada with gardein beef & it was OK, but the Mexican rice had lots of crunch bits.
Also, loud/crowded atmosphere.

Pros: Extensive vegan menu, Decent portion size

Cons: High price for mediocre food, Loud bar atmosphere

Vegan options, just not very flavorful - Edit

In the Mandalay Bay indoor mall. Back panel of the menu is a vegan menu. We had guacamole and chips, vegan Caesar salad, and vegan fish tacos. The food was okay, edible, reasonable portions, just not very flavorful.

Vegan Mexican food - Edit

Located between Luxor and Mandalay Bay hotels, it is not too expensive. The portions are big and the food tasty. Their vegan menu has enough choices. They use a cheese replacement (Daiya) and offer for some meals chicken or beef imitates.

I can recommend this restaurant.

Pros: Separat vegan menu, Fair value for money, Convenient for Vegas strip visits

We wanted Mexican food, we got Mexican food :) - Edit

Me and my wife was out walking and exploring since our vacation is almost over and we wanted to see a little more of Las Vegas.

We stumbled upon this place, I didn't have my portable Happy Cow with me, but we wanted Mexican food. We asked for the vegan menu, and we wanted it all!

We ended up with quesedilla for appertizer, I had the enchilladas for main and my wife had tacos. It all tasted so really good.
After our dinner the waitress told us that they also had vegan chocolate cake... I was sold, so we got a slice of chocolate cake to share. The cake was delicious.

A great experience.

Pros: Fast service, nice staff, Great food, good value, Affordable prices

Decent - Edit

This place is decent if you're on the strip and need somewhere to eat with omnivores. They have a separate vegan menu that is OK. They use a lot of Gardein and Daiya but nothing is super flavorful or unique. I definitely give them props for having a vegan menu to being with though. If you live in Vegas it's probably not worth it to go to the strip just to eat here, but for visitors it's decent.

What a great find! - Edit

YUM! They have a bunch of vegan options, a knowledgeable staff, and the food was outstanding! We were looking for hearty vegan late-night food, and this place was perfect. My quesadillas were giant and delicious, my boyfriend's fish tacos were perfect. I'd rate it 5 stars if I could!

Pros: Food options and quality

not so seperate - Edit

The atmosphere was awesome. mariachie trio singing cover songs was great. Their seperate vegan menu is commendable and I do appreciate them for trying however my faux beef burrito had a small piece of not so faux beef in it. The rest of it was super yummy. When I agree to have my food cooked in the same area as non vegan food I am already making a compromise, eating non vegan food is not part of that. Doubt it happens often and they were very nice and comped the food but I would investigate my food a little further next time prior to chowing down here.

Pros: fun environment, big portions, no smoking

Cons: not so seperate cooking areas

Enough with the Gardein! - Edit

On the last two trips through Vegas, we've stopped at Yard House and Hussong's, both listing vegan menus. Can't complain about that, they are making the effort (though neither guarantee that their vegan items haven't been made with utensils or equipment that may have just been flipping burgers...). Basically, subbing Gardein for meat in a few of their dishes is an easy way to go, but personally, I'm not looking for imitation meat - hey, if you are a Mexican restaurant, why not just a basic bean burrito, instead of having "chicken" or "beef" Gardein in every dish? The stuff is just a bit much for me....

Great Tasting Food with a Separate Vegan Menu - Edit

On a recent road trip across the US, we visited Las Vegas, and were pleasantly surprised when we found this restaurant which proudly boasted on their front window "Vegan Menu now available". We quickly entered the restaurant and were presented with a separate vegan menu. Their selection was great and they used daiya cheese to substitute regular cheese, plus used "Gardein seitan strips to substitute meat. Their dishes were very inventive and delicious. We were happy that we had an option for vegan food.

Good value for the money - Edit

Hussong's Cantina was a breath of fresh air in terms of price as compared to any of the Wynn restaurants. The "Chicken" burrito was amazing and the staff was attentive. If you get lucky you might get serenaded by musicians as well. Very good experience!

Pros: Quality of Food, Service, Musicians

Cons: Where's the breakfast for vegans?, Where's the vegan dessert?

Awesome vegan happy hour! - Edit

Went there for happy hour -- they had an awesome deal for a beer and a taco for $5. I got the vegan taco that featured marinated gardein beef. So good! They had a whole separate vegan menu and all of the options sounded really good. If I lived there I'd definitely go back--often!

Pros: separate vegan menu, great cocktails, happy hour

Cons: they close at 11pm

awesome :) - Edit

it is so great to see a whole vegan menu at a place like this, the menu has great options and the service is really great. the waiters/bartenders give recommendations, because, even if they are not vegan, they have to try all of it :) i had the sopes, which were very yummy, and were exactly what i needed, since i was not that hungry.

Pros: separate menu, great taste, service

great vegan options! - Edit

"Steak" tacos and gardein chicken burrito were both great! All of their beans AND rice are vegan!! Very fresh food, great service and atmosphere.

Pros: lots of options, rock and roll mariachi!

Cons: none

Return to Las Vegas Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Hussong's Cantina closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 3149 times since Nov 2012.