Slice of Vegas Pizza

Contact 702-632-6470

3930 Las Vegas Blvd S Unit 120, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA, 89119

Serves meat, vegan options available. Restaurant with a take-out deli. Launched vegan menu in Nov 2012 with around 15 items. Try the vegan faux pie, meatless meatball sandwich or any of the salads. Uses Daiya vegan cheese and Gardein products. Mon-Sun 11:00am-11:00pm

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Pizza, Italian, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by Eminlv

Awesome Vegan Options and Zeppoles!! - Edit

Right next door to Hussong's Cantina, with an equally expansive vegan offering. The pizza is fantastic (the Chickn BBQ is my favorite!) Good wine selection. Vegan Wings! Vegan Garlic Knots! Zeppoles! What more could a new vegan from Jersey ask for?! This is Jersey Italian approved!!

The service is hit or miss, but most seem really knowledgable of the vegan options. I'll deal with hit or miss service with this man vegan options at an omni restaurant that we all can enjoy!

Pros: On the Strip!

Cons: Pricey!

Disappointing - Edit

I really wanted to try their vegan pizza, however I was very disappointed. They totally ruined it putting lots of garlic in the tomato sauce. I don't know why many American restaurants think that pizza should have garlic in the tomato sauce: it should NOT. You don't taste Daya cheese, just garlic tomato sauce, and you don't digest the pizza. Whole Foods prepares a much better vegan pizza. Plus, service was super slow. It's a shame, they could easily do better.

Delicious vegan option at Mandalay Bay - Edit

Slice of Vegas has an extensive vegan menu as well as plentiful omnivore options. It is inside the mall shopping area of Mandalay Bay but still has a cool atmosphere with a large dining room and a small area to stand and eat. The service was quick and very friendly! The Portobello cheesesteak with rosemary garlic fries and fried zeppolis are delicious!

Pros: Excellent food, Friendly Staff

good tasting, affordable, glitz free meal - Edit

If you are at a Cirque du Soleil show at Tropicana head to Slice of Vegas before or after. It is super close. The show was great and the meal was a suitable encore. They offer a number of vegan pizzas plus some other vegan options such as a vegan meatball sub, wings and pasta The vegan cheesecake was a great choice for dessert. The restaurant had a pleasant family atmosphere as well. Recommended for those looking for a good tasting, affordable, glitz free meal in Vegas.

simply amazing - Edit

This pizza place/bar was truly a highlight of our trip to Vegas! I used the a Happy cow app to find it. A short cab ride or long walk to Mandalay shops and we were greeted with excellent service and a delicious meal! My husband and I ordered a pizza, the vegan chicken wings and a meatball sandwich. The wings were tofu based and so delish! Our meal was so good we grabbed second sandwiches and wings to go for later! Also I just ordered a serving of chocolate cake for later! For sure find this place for a fun yummy meal!

Nice thin-crust vegan pizza - Edit

Like Houssong's next-door, which has the same owner, they have a full-page vegan menu. I enjoyed it better, though - it was bigger & quieter (no mariachi band), though still a casual, bar-type atmosphere.
We had Not Your Mama's Garlic bread & a large Vegan Supreme pizza. The thin crust & sauce were tasty & the toppings were veggies, gardein & daiya. If you like vegan pizza, this is a great option. Service was good.

Pros: Vegan menu, tasty pizza

Cons: casual/mall/bar atmosphere, moderately expensive

Awesome - Edit

A sports bar is the last place you'd expect to find not only vegan friendly food but also an entire Vegan Menu!

We ordered the roasted cauliflower appetizer, personal pizza, and rigatoni with 'meat' balls. The pasta was a bit over cooked but other than that, the food was good.

They offer a variety of pastas and pizzas, salads and sandwiches, and even a couple vegan desserts. We were wandering around the Luxor, starving, near the brink of death when we found this little gem upstairs on the overpass to Mandalay. They have a sister restaurant just a few doors down serving Mexican food with a big vegan menu as well.

Pros: Lot of vegan options, Price reasonable, Friendly staff

Cons: Serves meat

Pretty good but pricey - Edit

The pizza was good. I had with 'chicken'. It was pretty heavy like 'real' pizzas. :-) It is quite expensive tho but I'm always willing to pay the price just to show that there is a demand.

Pros: Good options

Delicious and filling vegan dinner - Edit

For two of us, we had the chick'n wings, Romelia salad, and a personal-size garden faux pie. It was more than enough for dinner and delicious!

Pros: full vegan menu, great taste and flavor, excellent service

Vegan Pizza! - Edit

The title says it all, really - vegan pizza, and proper pizza too, with cheese and 'fake meats' and everything, not just a bit of bread with some tomato sauce. Service was excellent, and for a restaurant right in the middle of a shopping arcade on the Vegas Strip, it was surprisingly atmospheric. Not only that, but they gave us a box to take away the slices we couldn't finish, for a perfect Vegas breakfast the following morning.

Pros: Vegan pizza!, Great service

Special vegan menu! Yummy pizza! - Edit

Loved their vegan pizzas (with Gardein 'meat' and Daiya 'cheese'). We got an extra large to take away and were eating it for days!

I also love that they have a special vegan menu :)

Also their vegan cinnamon pizza balls are delicious!

Visited October 2015

Pros: Separate vegan menu, Friendly staff, Tasty food

Really good Vegan food - Edit

We ordered a large TA, with five Vegan pizzas, Vegan meatballs, garlic bread, bruschetta, salads and beer.
Everything was really great and they have plenty of beers to choose from.

Pros: Great vegan Pizza, Great Vegan meatballs, Plenty of beers to choose from

Cons: They are serving animal derived products as well, Don't have hot sauce like Sriracha or Tabasco

Delicious Vegan Pizza - Edit

We ate here with my parents before a show because they have a full bar. The wait staff was friendly and accommodating. The gluten-free vegan pizza was SOOO good! My husband had a vegan sandwich and thought it was delicious. They are conveniently located in the shops between Mandalay Bay and the Luxor so eating vegan pizza on the Strip is very convenient!

*update* apparently the gf pizza is now not vegan. For this, I'm lowering my rating to one cow because I've been told conflicting things from the waitstaff and I feel strongly that every employee should know all ingredients.
Updated from previous review on Monday January 19, 2015

Pros: Vegan sandwiches, Wait staff was friendly & accommodating

Cons: Very busy - you need reservations, Wish they were also located in the SW

Surprised to see the Vegan sign!!! - Edit

My boyfriend and I were walking looking for lunch and as we walked by I spied the VEGAN sign above the door! I assumed this meant they just offered Daiya cheese as a topping but I was pleasantly surprised! They have quite a few options...not just the typical veggie sandwich. I rarely eat bad for you Vegan food but it is Vegas so I splurged and got the "Chikn" buffalo wings with vegan ranch, also their garlic bread with roasted garlic bulb...Oh my!!! Please get that! The roasted garlic spread onto the bread was fantastic.
My boyfriend was even game to eat vegan and tried the chikn buffalo wings and a large platter with beans, brushcetta, garlic etc with bread.
They did offer vegan pizza with Daiya which I particularly can not stand...I do know some like it though. I just think there are better options than that (nut cheeses etc)-but I recognize it is a start and far better than "nothing". Also....it was not a big deal to them that I wanted to see the Vegan options. I like restaurants that a vegan can go to with an omni eater and both be really happy and this place fit the bill. They even have vegan dessert options.

Pros: many options, roasted garlic bulbs!, easy ordering-full menu

Cons: Daiya cheese

Vegan Menu in Vegas Baby - Edit

What a gem of a place to find in the middle of Vegas. It's so refreshing to be able to order off a 100% vegan menu, and have plenty of choices for my family, and not "just" salad!

Pros: 100% Vegan Menu, Great Staff!, Good Atmosphere

Cons: Bit Pricey (but not to bad), No Kids Vegan Menu ;)

Great vegan options - Edit

We did not know about this place before we walked through the Mandalay Bay shops area on our way to the casino from the hotel next door. Walking past it, our eyes caught the words 'vegan menue', so we walked in.
We shared the Romelia's salad and a Meatless Meatball pizza. The salad was very nice, fresh and delicious, and we also liked the dressing (maybe a little too much dressing for my taste though). The pizza was also really good, and the faux meatballs were pleasently spiced. I also found the food to be reasonably priced (though not inexpensive).
We had to wait quite a bit for our food (maybe 40 minutes), but the staff was really apologetic and friendly, and we ended up getting our drinks (four beers) for free as compensation. Unfortunately we were too stuffed to try the desserts (the menue says they have Chocolate Cake, New York style cheesecake, and Zeppoli).
I would definitely recommend this place. I did not at all expect to find a vegan menue in one of the hotel restaurants, and was pleasently surprised by the tasty food.

Pros: friendly, attentive staff, reasonable prices

Cons: a bit noisy

disappointed - Edit

I was very excited to try this restaurant. I sat at the bar and the bar tender was super attentive and nice. I ordered the salad and it came drowned in a terribly acidic Italian dressing with mostly iceberg lettuce and bits of ice cold cucumber, some avocado and a few other things thrown in there almost by accident. When the bartender asked about my food I told him that it was awful. He immediately brought the menu back and replaced my salad for a pizza. After a very long time I got my pie; The crust was very blah and soggy in the center and the veggies were very oily.

Go for the good beer selection, but avoid the food!

If I could give it 5 stars I would! - Edit

I visited this place twice on my visit to Vegas as I was staying at the Luxor which is pretty much part of the centre this restaurant is in. The service is excellent and the staff have a really good knowledge of veganism. Having tried the BBQ chicken pizza, meatball sub, zeppole and their vegan cheesecake (not on the menu but ask they had it both times I went) I can also say the foods really good. Not exactly healthy but sometimes healthy isn't what you want and this place fills that vegan junk food gap. Will be sure to come again if in Vegas!

Pros: Good service, Location, Vegan junk food done well

Excellent choice for vegan on the strip - Edit

My wife and I were very pleased to find this vegan friendly restuarant at the Mandalay. Ask for the Vegan Menu; there are many items besides vegan pizza. They also have some gluten-free items. The food was very good and the service was friendly. We were there mid-week and it wasn't too crowded but I expect the weekends would require a reservation.

Pros: Vegan Menu, Tasty Food, Friendly Service

Our favourite place in Vegas! - Edit

My husband and I went two times to this restaurant because the food was so wonderful. We tried the Vegan BBQ Chick'n pizza, meatball sandwich, veggie sandwich and not your mommas garlic bread. All the items we tried we're DELICIOUS! The staff was very friendly and the place was very clean. Absolutely loved our experience here! The vegan menu has a lot of selection which is great!

Pros: Wonderful Vegan food, Friendly staff

Yummy Vegan Pizza - Edit

I had heard from many people that eating vegan in Vegas was fairly difficult. I found quite the contrary. I also was coming from a highly isolate hunting community in the middle of northern Canada, so I could be a bad judge but many restaurants in Vegas not only offer vegan options but have a fully vegan menu available upon request. Slice of Vegas was of our first stops, the night we arrived. We were famished, of course. Slice of Vegas is located in lovely Mandalay Place which is easily accessible from the Luxor hotel. Unfortunately, the restaurant was full, so we didn't get to dine in but the waitress told us we could order from their take-out window. That's what we did. Ana and I opted on sharing the BBQ chick'n pizza, Dave went for the meatless meatball sub and we all got a slice of their peanut butter chocolate cake for dessert.

The food was incredible, flavourful and even the biggest meat-eater would not be disappointed with the vegan food. The cake was simply delicious that I can't help but rave about that all on it's own. It was moist and extremely chocolatey, along with that delicious peanut butter creamy frosting. It was the perfect place to start off my palate's vacation.

Pros: Great vegan selection, Delicious

great Vegan food - Edit

My husband and I had lunch here today and we pleasantly surprised. The food was great. We tried several items and loved them all. The place was comfortable and service great. We will definitely return for this great, large Vegan menu.

Pros: large menu, quality food

Cons: a bit expensive

Try the Not You're Momma's Garlic Bread - Edit

This is a great restaurant to frequent if you're staying in Mandalay Bay or the Luxor (or attending a Convention in Mandalay Bay). I ate here twice during my stay and was happy both times.

First I tried the Vegan Faux Pie which was good. The second time I got the vegan meatball sandwich, the "Not You're Momma's Garlic Bread", and the vegan cake. The vegan meatball sandwich was good, but the "Not You're Momma's Garlic Bread" was amazing - incredibly uniquely flavored, and unlike anything else I've ever had. It comes with three large slices and on its own would probably be almost enough for a meal. I also recommend the cake - the cake portion was good, and very moist but could have been slightly more chocolatey but the frosting was unbelievable.

Two things....

If you're getting food to go, I recommend calling your order in first.

Second, one of the other reviews mentioned price, and they're right this place is expensive. A 12" pizza cost me slightly more than $20 and was about the right amount of food for one person. But keep in mind that this is Vegas and the food (at least in the hotels) is incredibly expensive. The $20 I paid for the pizza was a much better deal than the $10 I paid for a veggie burger at the food court.

Pros: Good food!, Convenient to Mandalay Bay / Luxor, Vegan Menu

Cons: A bit expensive, Hard to tell how big portion sizes will

Beware of portion size - Edit

We ordered the "wings" and the 12" BBQ "Chicken" pizza. The "ranch" sauce that accompanied the wings was tasty. The wings themselves were tiny, tiny, tiny and nothing compared to the looks of the meat oriented food available at the establishment. The BBQ "Chicken" pizza was so small and with so few toppings I almost cried at the $19 price point I was stuck with.

Pros: Tasty

Cons: Quantity, Quality, Price

Yummy vegan pizza and subs! - Edit

They have a separate vegan menu and we got the barbecue "chicken" pizza and the vegan meatball sub. It was so delicious! Instead of marinara the sauce was a sweet bbq sauce, and the "chicken" on top had to be gardein. On the menu it said the cheese was Daiya, you could totally tell...it was super creamy. They put Daiya on the vegan "meat"ball sub, too, which was out of this world!

Pros: on the strip, great pizza, separate vegan menu

Amazing Vegan Meatball Sub - Edit

I was at Slice of Vegas for lunch yesterday and was very impressed by their Vegan menu. I decided on the Vegan Meatball Sub and was not disappointed!! Everything about this sandwich was great. It was served on an Amoroso's roll (all you east coasters know what I'm talking about), the sauce was tangy and amazing, and they use plenty of Daiya cheese so that you felt like you were eating a true meatball sub. I also had the garlic fries as a side which were fabulous and then there's the Vegan chocolate cake...no words can explain how yummy this cake is!! I will definitely come back to try out the rest of the items on the menu.

Good Pizza! - Edit

We ordered the buffalo wings, garlic bread, and BBQ chicken pizza. The garlic bread was great, it even came with a bulb of roasted garlic. The buffalo wings were good. At first I wasn't too excited when they brought out the buffalo wings because they looked like chicken strips with buffalo sauce but they were delicious. The hot sauce on the wings was great! There was also vegan ranch dressing. The BBQ pizza was great too! One of the best things is that the vegan options are the same price as the non vegan options.

Pros: Friendly and helpful staff, Good vegan menu

great vegan pizza and apps! - Edit

Slice of Vegas pizza has a great family friendly atmosphere and lots of delicious vegan choices. We had the "not your mamas garlic bread", and meatless meatballs for appetizers then shared the vegan faux pie. Daiya cheese is the best invention. Ever. This is a great place to take non veg friends so everyone is happy. Just use the valet parking at Mandalay place and take the escalator up! Not as hard to get to as most strip restaurants. And not as pricey either!

Pros: vegan options, friendly staff

Return to Las Vegas Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Slice of Vegas Pizza closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 3618 times since Nov 2012.