Holy Wong Chinese

Contact 716-366-5846

174 E 4th St, Dunkirk, New York, USA, 14048

Serves meat, vegan options available. Typical Chinese restaurant that will make the veggies and tofu with a brown sauce. Will make vegan vegetable fried rice and spring rolls.

Category: Ovo, Chinese, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by veganindunkirk

Vegan options and really delicious - Edit

This is a typical Chinese restaurant with a mostly meat menu but also offering a "vegetarian section" that includes broccoli, mixed vegetables, and tofu. I don't like sweet food so I asked them to create a brown sauce that doesn't have chicken broth in it (they said they would specially make it without it) and ordered a pint of broccoli and an order of fried tofu, both with brown sauce. It was delicious! Not oily, not salty -- really flavorful. I also asked about the spring rolls and they said they would make them fresh just with veggies -- they, too, were delicious. I upgraded the white rice to fried rice with veggies (too bad they don't have brown rice...) -- that was really yummy as well. Very inexpensive too -- broccoli, tofu, 4 spring rolls and 2 pints of veggie fried rice came to $23 even. And definitely enough for 2 people. I'm really glad we found this place, since I live close by. Only downside (to me) is that they only take cash, so know that in advance. Otherwise, great food for a good price -- my husband and I will return.

Updated from previous review on 2016-10-13

Pros: delicious vegan cooked to order, inexpensive, good-sized portions

Cons: only takes cash

Return to Dunkirk Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Holy Wong Chinese closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.