Hella Vegan Eats

Contact 510-282-8233

411 26th St (at Classic Cars West), Oakland, California, USA, 94612

Vegan food truck now with a permanent spot at Classic Cars West, a classic car showroom and local arts space, since Mar 2016. It's a restaurant and beer garden serving "festive food" like doughnuts, burgers, tacos, and burritos. Note that its food truck continues to operating in and around San Francisco Bay area - check its webpage for updates.

Category: Vegan, American, Fast food, Take-out, Mexican, Catering

First Review by vegangrrrl

I FEEL HAPPY TO BE ALIVE HERE - Edit

Hella Vegan Eats is just fabulous. In regard to the food, all I can say is sweet Jesus Christ! Vegan or not, you'll be super happy with your food and I guarantee you'll wanna come back for more. I've been twice and both times I've gotten the Mac n Cheeze which is just out of this world! Oh my god, it makes me so happy to be vegan!!! I have yet to try their donuts or cakes, but trust me, I plan to and am positive that they're awesome!

Hella Vegan Eats rents this car studio place that is super duper cool and truly plays the best music! My brother, whom is not vegan, went with me last night and as we sat down he tells me, "I thought this place would be weird, but it's really cool" and he also ate practically all of his Mac n Cheeze!! It was great! Anyways, DEFINITELY EAT HERE, IT'S THE BEST!

Pros: VEGAN DONUTS, best Mac n cheeze , nice ambience, cool cars + art

Cons: legit nothing

Hella good food from Hella Vegan - Edit

Grateful Hella Vegan Eats has a restaurant space, & is able to keep food truck going; more opportunities to enjoy their delicious, innovative food. We were there for Saturday brunch, and even the non-vegans in our group enjoyed the gourmet donuts, crispy chicken and waffles, and a Champions of breakfast combo plate, featuring French toast, organic berries, a tasty tofu scramble, and broccoli rabe/Brussels sprout/sweet potato hash. Various beers, mimosas, wine on drink menu; it bills itself a beer garden so selection is good.
Location at Classic Cars West is convenient, with interesting artwork and a good vibe for good vegan eating. Order inside, peruse the classic cars, snag a table on the huge outside patio & await your order/table number being called at the outdoor pickup window when your food is ready. There are patio heaters for the cool evenings, and patio umbrellas to give some relief from the sun during weekend brunches. Handicap accessible, pet friendly, clean, indoor bathrooms.
The weekend brunches are new, yet done right so well worth the moderate prices.

Pros: 100% deliciously vegan, Restaurant & food truck, Knowledgable friendly people

Cons: Limited hours

delish - Edit

After following Hella Vegan Eats on favebook for several months, I finally decided to go. Unfortunately, i have a few strange food allergies (strawberries, avocados, soy...) and they don't post their menu online, so I just had to hope and pray they would have something that I could eat. They did not. I nibbled on a few things, and they were all delish, but it would have been nice to enjoy a full meal there. On the other hand, their mimosas are very good and quite strong.

Pros: wonderful mimosas

Cons: don't post menu ahead of time

Wow - Edit

Super delicious all vegan savory treats from super friendly traveling chefs in this colorful food truck! We tried them once at the Civic Center farmer's market and are hooked. Very creative, hybrid menu that is worth chasing them down to sample!

Pop-up vegan goodness! - Edit

The Hella Vegan Eats pop-up kitchen events are worth going to, especially if you like vegan eats that aren't hella healthy. They make, like, awesome burgers on buns made from donuts and stuff. I had some of their tamales at an event once and didn't really like them, but other than that, I've liked everything. They do things like make deep-fried veggies with a dipping sauce and have ice cream and chocolate desserts. It's actually possible they offer way more healthy things, but I just don't notice it because I'm too busy getting unhealthy things.

I'll bet they're great for catering. The plating is generally lovely. Good stuff, man. Like them on Facebook or something to find out their next pop-up and go to that. Maybe we'll run into each other.

Incredible Catering - Edit

Inventive and delicious, highly recommend their catering. Their DRAGON FRUIT-STRAWBERRY salsa was one of the best and most creative things I've ever had. Hella spicy as they say, its also a little sweet because of the fruit and highly addicting! I found myself using the leftover on everything I ate for days, even things that don't usually involve salsa. The samosas and tamale pie also great.

Pros: creative, delicious, unique

Cons: no restaurant:(

Return to Oakland Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Hella Vegan Eats closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 6435 times since Sep 2012.