Health-E-Cafe

( 1 review )
+44-1257368231

90 Pall Mall, Chorley, England, PR72LB

Serves meat, vegan options available. Cafe offering healthier snacks and meals, shakes and smoothies. Has vegan alternatives including for pizza, salads, rice boxes - ask. Open Mon 9:00am-4:30pm, Wed-Thu 9:00am-4:30pm, Fri-Sat 9:00am-9:00pm, Sun 5:00pm-9:00pm.

Categories: Lacto, Ovo, Pizza, Juice bar, Delivery, Take-out, British, Non-veg

1 Review

First Review by Hoggy

Chorley vegan options. - Edit

I discovered Heath-E-Café on facebook and decided to give it a go on a trip out. Easy enough to find, although we walked there from in town, it should be simple to park up close. It’s great to see more and more places welcoming vegans, however there seemed to be some confusion in the kitchen. This made us ask about whether the noodles in the vegan chicken noodle box were vegan; they were in fact egg noodles. We decided to order a Vegan chicken rice box, a vegan chicken wrap and sweet potato fries meal, a vegan sausage and sweet potato fries meal, and beans on toast. A staff member had to run out to get some vegan quorn pieces, and soya milk for the coffee ordered too. The coffee arrived first, we’re very used to coming across curdled soy lattes, thankfully this was not the case, however; the coffee was barely warm and had dark lumps in it. I guess this was coffee powder? We took that back and it was knocked off our order (they mentioned microwaving it, no thank you).

The meals arrived promptly after the packets of quorn arrived back in the café. All meals were packaged in recyclable card takeaway dishes, which is great for takeaways (no plastic trays!), but I thought it was a bit counterproductive and wasteful, seeing as we were eating in. It was nice to see the wrap was wholemeal, I thought it would be more in character for my rice dish to be wholegrain too. The sweet potato fries were delicious, and fried in a different cooker to the none-cruelty free options. The meals had a nice variety of fresh vegetables, and were nicely constructed in their dishes.

It would be nice to see more options outside of the safety of faux meats, experimenting with plant based options (what vegan doesn’t like houmous, say!). Having said that, it’s always encouraging to see more omnivore places tackling vegan options, which is the way the world is going, so the more we support these movements, the easier it will be across the board.

Pros: Vegan options, Fresh, varied vegetables, 5* food hygiene rating

Cons: Confused staff, Coffee needs improving, Could do with more adventurous options.

Return to Chorley Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Health-E-Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.