Hatool HaYarok - The Green Cat

073-7327361

7 Levontin, Tel Aviv, Israel

First vegan pizza place in Israel, est. 2014. Makes a cashew-based mozzarella cheese. Uses toppings such artichoke, portobello mushroom, dried cherry tomatoes, calamata olives, roast seitan, baked yam, and veggies. Open Mon-Thu 12:00am-12:00am, Mon-Thu 6:00pm-12:00am, Sat-Sun 6:00pm-12:00am, Sun 12:00am-1:00am.

Category: Vegan, Pizza, Italian, Take-out

First Review by KfirCohen91

literally perfect - Edit

first of all, the place is really nice and has a great atmosphere. they don't have an english card, but they tell you all the options. they just have two sizes of pizza (with vegan cashew cheese - amazing) and you can add two toppings.

the service was lovely, and the prices are reasonable.

Pros: delicious, all vegan, lovely atmosphere

best (vegan) pizza in town - Edit

very nice and hip 100℅ vegan pizza place. they use homemade cashewrella which outstanding. my non vegan friends loved it as well

Pros: 100% vegan place - 0 chances for mistakes

Cons: a bit expensive but reasonable

pizza was just incredible! - Edit

I loved this pizza sooo much That I ate sooo muchh! And This was truly amazing the dough, the tomato sauce and the cheese from there, its just great!! All the mixture fits perfect, even my non-vegetarian mum liked it so much! ;))

Now I will change my pizza recipe as well! ;)

Best vegan pizza ever! - Edit

Their cashew cheese is just great; Surely better than all those sticking vegan cheeses everywhere else. I unfortunately only had the chance to eat there once, but the pizza I tried was delicious! So if you get there, try the fresh herbs pizza, it's just awesome!

excellent pizza to bad they are hardly open - Edit

Came here three times before I finally saw it open.
They work weird hours and don't deliver to central Tel Aviv but third times a charm enjoyable pizza and atmosphere.

Very good pizza - Edit

This small and cute restaurant is specializing on pizza. Both the dough and the cheese are home made. The prices are honest.

Pros: Excellent food, Good value

Great great Pizza experience - Edit

Simple, good, crusty vegan pizza with no "plastic cheese" but a very tasty homemade cashew "cheese" - nothing more to ask for...a simple pizza hangout that makes you happy and satisfies your hunger for pizza. The dessert (Malabi coconut-based) ---> also really nice...

very good pizza!! - Edit

Best pizza in Israel

Just ok - Edit

We were SO excited to get pizza here, we walked all the way down there for lunch and they are closed for lunch. You've been warned. Walked back the next evening and got a large pizza. It is 75 nis and comes with two toppings. It was just so meh. The edges were burned black on a few spots, so we broke that off. The crust was very thin and crisp. The sauce was quite bare, so that some of the crust showed through. There were small circles of some cheez; honestly it didn't taste like much. The two toppings, seitan and artichoke were very good. The whole thing just left us feeling like we hadn't experienced much of anything. Makes me miss our late great vegan pizzeria in Boston all the more. It was pricey, but you left feeling high from that stuff. I know there is good fake cheese in Israel, these guys need to get some of it.

awesome pizza! - Edit

Chewy, crisp crust, flavourful vegan cheese and toppings.

Awesome vegan pizza!!! - Edit

Been there several times,
I LOVE their pizza - although I had some staff issues (not always welcoming), It is by far best vagen pizza I have ever had - so the 5* I give is only for the product.

You get what's on the tin (not literally) - Edit

Nice unpretentious place, helpful friendly staff, relaxing outdoors seating, free wifi. You get the food on the description here, freshly made pizza, eight choice of toppings, nothing less, nothing more.

Pros: Food, Staff, Atmosphere

Cons: Limited food variety

Best vegan pizza! - Edit

What a terrific price - NIS 35 for a generous individual pizza. The cashew cheese is really good (and not the sticky yellow vegan cheese being offered in other places). I can understand why everyone I know raves about this place. However, it was too salty for my taste.

Pros: Great vegan cashew cheese, Inexpensive

Cons: Too salty

Amazing pizza! - Edit

Best place to have a nice vegan pizza in israel!

Return to Tel Aviv Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Hatool HaYarok - The Green Cat closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.