Green Wave Cafe

954-581-8377

5221A W Broward Blvd, Plantation, Florida, USA, 33317

A raw food cafe where everything is organic, vegan, and gluten-free with one cooked soup each day. Also offers hands-on raw food classes, personal chef services, and weight-loss coaching. Hosts organic produce market on the same plaza Mondays 8am-8pm. Open Mon-Sat 11:30am-9:00pm, Sun 11:30am-4:00pm.

Category: Vegan, American, Organic, Raw, Juice bar, Catering

First Review by daniel valle

fresh & delicious food with extremely attentive staff - Edit

Everything I have ever ordered here I have loved! My favorites are the open hummus sandwich, the veggie cheeseburger, the green juice(they always ask you what veggies you would like in your juice), and their salted caramel coffee. All very fresh & delish! Their side salad is incredibly filling and really tasty!!! Their house dressing is something I am completely addictive to... I could have that poured in every dish and love every bite of it! :) their creativity and knowledge of vegetables combined with good staff working here makes this my favorite place to eat vegan! Their daily special dishes are always delicious too! If you are looking to try vegan as a lifestyle this is the PLACE TO GO! They also offer a WEEKLY MEAL PLAN which I have tried and loved it! They offer us so much food!

Pros: they sell fresh veggies too! just asking to buy so

Cons: parking can be challenging, as this is a busy plaz

delicious food - Edit

I had a Sunday lunch with my daughter and I have to say that the place is a hole in a wall the food was amazing! We had the steak teriyaki and the Boat tacos! And a mint lemonade done right at the moment we ordered! Its was about $20 a person which is the average for vegan food! The only reason why I didn't gave them 5 stars is because our food took over 25 minutes : / But I do recommend this place!

rawsome! - Edit

i don't eat raw very often. when i travel i love seeking out vegan spots. on this short trip to boca raton my other two choices were closed and i'm so glad they were because this place was great! i had the cheeseburger, it had so much flavor and the two service providers were so kind and friendly. i want to go back and try the lettuce tacos!

Very good1 - Edit

I had the hummus sandwich and it was really good. It was payday so I decided to try it out. It's a little pricey but its worth it if you have it. But you are getting real organic food so its worth it.

Wonderful the best - Edit

My wife and I visited Greenwave for the first time ever tonight wow what an amazing amazing food and the people are so wonderful and make you feel so comfortable we live an hour away we will be making the trip multiple times to go back as far as you can go as raw food vegans it is considered gourmet food the portions are quite enough if you are a true raw foodist and only eat organic as well you will appreciate this restaurant so much and you'll be wanting to return as we are the price of the food i spot on to the people that have created this restaurant the gentleman I should say and to Thomas that was our waiter tonight what a great night and some great talks we had even if you are a meat eater this is a great restaurant for you to visit awesome awesome food thank you Green Wave cafe

Pros: Love the staff, Good price, Very good food

Pretty good food - Edit

I am a vegetarian not a raw food enthusiast. However, I try to support healthy restaurants near me. I found the food here to be pretty good, especially the breads, burger and deserts. It was not overpriced but not cheap either. The place was clean but not fancy. I have eaten here at least five times over the last year and a half. I guess if I keep coming back, I must like it.

Pros: Healthy cuisine, Good service, Moderately priced

Cons: Lacks ambience, The menu is limited

More for the raw folks - Edit

I'm going to preface this by saying that I love an awesome salad, but much prefer cooked food to the raw variety. That said, I found Green Wave Cafe quite pricey for what you get. The food is very good, as far as raw food goes, but I'd rather go somewhere cheaper for food that is as good or better. Atmosphere doesn't match the prices. There should be white tablecloths and perfect service for the price paid.

Pros: Excellent raw food, Friendly staff

Cons: Pricey, Atmosphere doesn't match cost of food

Best Raw Restaurant!!!! - Edit

If you are 100% Raw this is the right place for you...... It is a little bit pricey but you get what you pay for...the Food is delicious, friendly staff, good food quality.... Try the Nachos .... they are super super good!!!!.....This place is worth every penny. I will definitely come back.....

Pros: 100% Raw, Excellent Menu, Friendly staff

Tasty raw food - Edit

I've eaten at Green Wave several times. Sometimes I get great, friendly service with passionate people who put a lot of love into your food and others I wait around for an hour to eat something. Overall though, the food is tasty. I don't like raw food that much but Green Wave typically has something that I'll thoroughly enjoy. The burger is very good and so are the nachos.

It's all organic, which is awesome. You can even see some of the food on display in their front fridge. The only complaint really is with the speed of service. If you go with a larger party, they don't bring all the food out at the same time. Once I was there with six people and we told the first person to get his food to eat and he ended up finishing long before the last person's meal even came out. And there were maybe four other people in the place.

In short, if you have the time, definitely come here. If not, order to-go in advance. Green Wave is definitely a place you should check out though.

Pros: ORGANIC, Tasty raw food

Cons: Slow service

rAWMAZING! Best ever! - Edit

I've been raw for 9 years and have eaten in cafes all over the world. Green Wave had some of the best raw vegan food I've ever had, anywhere!!!! And the prices were extraordinarily reasonable!

Great size salad with my entree. Friendly, efficient staff. Good vibes ;-)

Pros: Size of meals, Quality of meals, Quality of employees

Love that is Organic and Raw - Edit

Love the burger! It's the best rawfood burger in the US. I've traveled a lot and there is no one that can compete with GW burgers.
I love that they are organic and SUPER reasonably priced! I mean $14 for a soup/salad and entree that is organic and raw is a very reasonable price.
Love these guys. I go there at least once a week... that's how good they are.

Great place - Edit

We were on our way to the Brazil vs Honduras soccer game and planned on stopping by for dinner. It was a great meal, very friendly staff, and fantastic service. If you are in the neighborhood, it's a place you must stop by and try.

Incredible Gourmet Raw Vegan Cuisine! - Edit

A must to try for gourmet raw vegan cuisine! The No-Tuna Melt was my favorite. Anything on their onion bread is exquisite. They just started making a Philly Cheesesteak in a collard wrap. Fantastic! The raw brownie was the best brownie I have ever eaten. Another fave dessert was the Vanilla Cheesecake with Orange Spice sauce. The flavors were scrumptious. Start with the Super Nachos. Great flavors. My daughter loved the cooked lentil soup and the curry chickpea soup is yummy too. We will be back!

Pros: Delicious Flavor Combinations, High Quality Food, Gregarious Owner

Cons: Fairly Pricey - but worth it, Some Jarred Food-Pickles & Olive Tapnade, Nutritional Yeast (aka MSG) in Kale Sld

Vegan food - Edit

Just love this place, the staff are so very friendly, and the food is amazing. this place is a must visit.

Pros: Vegan, Friendly, Healthy

awesome! - Edit

green wave is a gem! cute, cozy and amazing food.
chef mike adds his artistic flair to every dish. its always a tough choice between one of my menu favorites-like the burrito or spaghetti and neat balls or the awesome specials like kale salad and portobello mushrooms or lasagna.
dessert is a hard choice..will it be cheesecake or cobbler or homemade ice cream tonight?
raul and his staff are always super friendly and greet everyone with a smile.
go there and you will not be disappointed!
Updated from previous review on Monday June 18, 2012

i just cant say enough how awesome green wave is. the food is THE BEST! i have brought a few first time raw foodies and they are always so impressed with the quality. other places serve a salad and call it raw. green wave does raw right. great food, great prices, great people. who could ask for more.

Pros: excellent food, healthy, good value

Live Vegan - Edit

Green Wave is a great place for vegans and raw food enthusiasts. We thoroughly enjoyed our dinner, including the hot soup and the cheese cake dessert.

Pros: vega, raw, friendly service

Raw Food at It's Best - Edit

The only thing that beats the food here is the extraordinarily friendly staff. You can't feel like a stranger here. My friend and I each had several items, including smoothies, and all of it was terrific.

Green Wave Cafe is AWESOME - Edit

We LOVE the Green Wave Cafe! Even though we have to drive an hour round-trip, we eat there at least twice a week. The food is amazing, organic, raw, vegan and delicious. Not too heavy like some vegan dishes--just right. The soups, salad and sushi hand rolls are great appetizers. All of the entrees are great, but our favorites are the spaghetti and neat balls, the cheeseburger and the pizza. The pies and ice cream are fantastic desserts.

Above and beyond the outstanding food, what really makes the Green Wave Cafe special is the people. The owners and staff are warm and friendly and more than happy to answer any questions or accommodate any special orders you have.

I highly recommend Green Wave Cafe.

Pros: Raw vegan, Organic, Delicious

Return to Plantation Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Green Wave Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.