Green Vege Cafe

Contact 021-60672555

3-301 ZhengDa LeCheng, 699 Zhongshan South 2nd Road, Xuhui District, Shanghai, China,

Address 徐汇区中山南二路699号正大乐城3-301室(近船厂路). Very stylish vintage interior. Menu with English. Has Wi-Fi. Open Mon-Sun 11:00am-10:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Western

First Review by Lynnetto

Amazing Find! - Edit

Traveled here, was visiting Shanghai with my boyfriend and discovered Green Vege Cafe. Staff was really kind, doesn't speak English so make sure you know a few helpful phrases. However I tried the Portobello Mushroom Burger and it blew me away! A bit on the pricey side but definitely worth it! Also from 11:30 am till 2pm weekdays they have their lunch buffet where happy vegans can indulge. Good spot for non vegans too!!

I am so grateful for Green Vege Cafe!

Best Vegan meal in Shanghai!! - Edit

I've been to a handful of the best vegan restaurants in this city and I can say hands down, this place has the best menu, best prices, and tastiest food! They might be expensive compared to a little veggie buffet in this city but there was just so much to choose from on the menu. What really stood out for me was that they could make just about any entree Gluten-Free (dealbreaker for me) .. Make sure to try the Pumpkin soup and the Lemon cheesecake !! (they serve the cheesecake straight out of the freezer (lol) so just let it sit for 10 or so mins and then dig in!!!

Finally great vegan fastfood - Edit

Maybe this is not doing green vege cafe a lot of justice since there are a lot of other dishes on the menu as well but I really love fastfood and I especially loved their food. I was super tired in Shanghai so I ordered their Portobello Mushroom burger and the soy nuggets through Sherpa's to my room and oh my was I happy. Absolutely delicious, the burger came with exotic ingredients like avocado, mango and cashew nut mayo, sweet potatoes and carrots instead of french fries came with the burger and the soy nuggets were simply awesome. I will definitely try to visit their restaurant next time, wish we had vegan fastfood like that in Beijing. It's a tiny bit on the expensive side so if I were living in Shanghai I guess I'd only go once or twice a week haha.

Pros: Delicious and healthy vegan food, Some Western Fast Food

Cons: Little pricey

Absolutely delightful - Edit

I cannot say enough good things about my visit to Green Vege.

Walking in I was a little sceptical as there was only one other customer, and it's quite a big place. I was immediately greeted by the owner though, and her passion for fresh, vegan food was palpable.

I opted for one of the burgers off the fully vegan menu, but was also gifted with a complimentary soup of the day, which was very tasty.

The burger was absolutely delicious, and had very obviously been made with fresh ingredients, and the accompanying salad and sweet potato fries had been created with both health and taste in mind. I also got one of the selection of smoothies, which again just tasted fresh, healthy and delicious.

Everything from the staff to the food to the delightful decor was absolutely perfect. There's just a passion for healthy whole-food that you sense when you eat here.

Note that it is located on the 3rd floor of an open air shopping mall. Don't let that put you off though, it still has that local, home-cooked feel to it.

Review by Green Vege Cafe's very own designer - Edit

This will probably be a very unique review. =)

I am Lynnette, a designer, mostly vegetarian & a practitioner of happiness. A year ago, Green Vege Cafe's founders came to find me with their dream concept -- to enable more people to adopt a plant-based healthy diet.

Till this date, my company, RÉNNOVATE, has completed the commissioned design work. Nonetheless I still frequent the cafe very often to eat. And even volunteered myself to be Chef Yoli's apprentice (serving tables or helping out in the kitchen) twice a week. There is something very special about them. Hard to articulate what it is. You have to find & feel it yourself. =))

Inspired by the warm-hearted couple, my dream is to open a plant-based cafe in coming couple of years, hopefully to be back in my home-country Singapore to bless more of my countryman with healthy food.

As for food, for the hot hot summer, I love my pumpkin-coconut-lemongrass soup to start. Flats is mine & my dear friend's favorite! Tomato basil bruschetta is another. Tiramisu & vanilla panna cotta (made with real vanilla pod) are my frequent desserts to end my sumptuous meal.

PS: the owners didn't know I am writing this review. Me writing this purely for the love for them & to share with like-minded folks like you. =D

Pros: Friendly casual dining environment, Tasty quality food, Positive energy 正能量

Cons: Lights (a bit dim for me personally), Food names (I don't know, so I ask)

Return to Shanghai Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Green Vege Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2192 times since Jul 2013.