First Review by JohnnySensible

Very good online shop! - Edit

I have made my second purchase from Goodness Direct yesterday and I must say that their stock variety, prices, offers and delivery are second to none. I received 3 sms and one email through the delivery which I think is great (you don't want to be away from home with a bulky delivery like that).

Well done Goodness Direct.

PS) Second purchase and they already gave me a voucher; I paid £7 pounds less.

Pros: Stock Variety, Great webpage with whatever info you might need, Excellent offers

Cons: n/a, n/a, n/a

Vegan foods - big choice - delivered or collect. - Edit

I started buying wholesale from Goodness in the early 80s.

They delivered every week to the restaurants & shops that I ran.

Very efficient.

Great selection.

Great prices.

This 'retail' side of their business - orders delivered or collect from Daventry - is very, very convenient to use & the delivery charges are highly competitive.

A 1995 article from their wholesale website - http://www.goodness.co.uk/history_of_goodness.html

~ GOODNESS FOODS evolved out of a group of born-again Christians all attending the same Jesus Fellowship Church. They wanted to start a business that, in the words of manager Ed Hunt, "would allow them to work out their ethics in a sympathetic business environment".

The company, which started out as a Northampton health food shop and swiftly developed into a 4,000 line wholesale business, is run on fairly strict business terms. It has some co-operative-type values but these stem from the teaching of Jesus on the equality of life: All 90 staff are part-owners of the business and receive the same salary and work opportunities.

This ties in to another reason Goodness is in business; to provide employment for members of the Jesus Fellowship Church, which includes therapeutic jobs for disadvantaged Church members. ~

Return to Daventry Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has GoodnessDirect closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.