Glory Doughnuts

Contact 240-651-3467

244 E Church, Frederick, Maryland, USA, 21701

Frederick-based baker turned brick-and-mortar bakery and cafe in May 2015. Specialize in vegan doughnuts and now offering breakfast. Open Wed-Fri 7:00am-2:00pm, Sat-Sun 9:00am-2:00pm.

Category: Vegan, American, Organic, Take-out, Bakery, Catering

First Review by Miru

Amazing vegan donuts and breakfast! - Edit

Wow. A real delight. Delicious donuts - available first come/first served. And great breakfast food: we tried French toast, pancakes, and tofu fried egg. Service was also amazing. Not much space to sit though.

Pros: great food, great service

Cons: not a lot of seating

Love - Edit

Love in every bite! Great and always fresh coffee. The best french toast you'll ever have! They even got me to like tofu...(but only when they make it). Get in early for the doughnuts they are always worth it. Stick around for the music, awesome people and good conversation.

Pros: Fresh, homemade, small batch, Awesome staff, Contributes back to the neighborhood

Loved by all - Edit

I found this place from Happy Cow, and knew it had to part of our trip to Frederick. I was slightly shocked how popular the place is! There can't be nearly this many vegans in Frederick, do people even know these doughnuts are vegan? Even my friends who are omni said they've heard how awesome this place is. Doughnuts are super creative and fun, and their brunch menu is amazing. I haven't had such a good savory breakfast in a long time. They use chao cheese which makes everything perfect. They even bake a WHOLE pie for their stuffed apple pie french toast! In fact when we ordered we had to wait 20 minutes for the pie to finish up baking.

The only downside is that the place is mostly set up for people to pick up their doughnuts. You can get brunch to go, but if I am buying stuffed french toast I rather eat it there. It was pretty much you order your breakfast, panic that you might not get a seat, and moments before your food comes out someone finishes up their brunch foods and get up to leave and you rush to take their seat. I really hope they somehow figure out how to expand seating.

The other downfall is that food is a little pricey. If we weren't visiting we probably wouldn't spend so much on breakfast. We dropped a lot of cash at that place, but we would probably do it all over again if we go back to Frederick. I totally suggest going out of your way if you are driving through Maryland.

Pros: Greasy comfort brunch/breakfast foods, Creative flavors, Tons of vegan creamer options

Cons: Packed so it is hard to get a seat, A little pricey

go here! - Edit

I love this place. I cannot remember ever having doughnuts this good, even in my pregan days. They have a variety of flavors that switch around consistently. I adore their breakfast menu as well. I am not sure how they season their tofu fried egg but damn. that stuff is on point.
i should note that if you get there later in the day, especially on a weekend, they may be sold out of doughnuts. This is, however, definitely worth waking up early for.

Pros: doughnuts!, tofu fried egg!

Cons: sometimes runs out of doughnuts early

Don't walk, RUN to Glory Doughnuts!!! - Edit

My vegan bff had come to visit me over the summer and brought me one when she visited. Absolutely delicious!!! I mean, wow! Then I went to visit my parents in WV and driving through, I HAD to stop. I got a dark chocolate glazed and a raspberry icing with toasted coconut. OMG!!!! The chocolate donut didn't even make it 3 minutes!!! I inhaled it. The raspberry was just as delicious, but of course I had to wait a little bit.

I can NOT wait to go there again. Fabulous food, great employees, so friendly!!!

Pros: Amazing food, SUPER friendly staff

Delicious Donuts! - Edit

Every single time I come in here, they are out of donuts.

Today, I went by around 11:30 AM and they had ONE LEFT. I bought it so quickly!! It was a strawberry coconut shortcake donut -- shortcake with strawberry cream icing and toasted coconut shavings on top. Probably the best donut I've had, including from my pre-vegan days.

They also have delish sandwiches. I had the Fried Egg Sandwich, which was more like a scrambled egg sandwich because if the texture of the tofu egg. Anyways, it was very flavorful -- they definitely have their spice game on. They also used Chao brand cheese. YAY!! It's so much better than Daiya, and really added to the quality of the overall sandwich. Come by here if you want a quick breakfast bite!

just okay - Edit

My husband and I ordered three items and 6 donuts. Of the three items, only the tofu fried egg sandwich was good. The donuts were disappointing. They were not moist and were coated with very sugary frosting. Don't think we will be going back. Giving them three stars for their effort and being vegan.

yum! - Edit

This was a great find! The neighborhood is cute, easy parking, and the place was cozy and cool. We came for savory options and were not disappointed! I really liked The tofu egg wrap. Everything is really personal and homemade – the only downfall is that they usually run out of donuts early in the day, around 10:30 AM (so I was told). Great all vegan establishment!

Love this place! - Edit

I've only been to Glory Doughnuts twice. I think it's going to become a weekly habit. It's great to be in a 100% plant-based business. Their prices are high, but it's worth it. Very nice people.

Pros: Food

Cons: Size-only room for a few people to sit down.

Decadent! - Edit

Being as I live an hour from this place, I have been waiting since they opened to find an excuse to go there... so today my boyfriend and I decided to head that way for some hiking and a big breakfast first.

Food: 9. We shared the apple pie stuffed French toast, tofu fried "egg", and roasted potatoes. All of it was quite delicious, but I felt it was on the salty side (I'm not a big fan of salt, so I may be biased regarding this). While the apple pie French toast was very tasty, it seemed so decadent and unhealthy (e.g. super fried!) that I'm not sure I would want to get it again. I don't regret trying it, though. The tofu "egg" and potatoes seemed healthier to me, but then again one doesn't tend to go to a place like this for healthy options! I got 2 doughnuts to go (maple bourbon and cinnamon toast crunch), which were both better than the doughnuts I had of theirs at Baltimore Vegfest last year.

Prices: 8. Some of it seems sorta pricey, but given the hard work that the owners put into this place it is pretty reasonable.

Atmosphere: 6. It's cute, but it's super small. There are only two tables inside plus a little bar that seats two people, so pretty much about 5-10 people fit in there comfortably. There is one outdoor table with two seats. So yeah, very small!

Staff: 9. Friendly people.

Pros: All vegan, Tasty, Unique food

Cons: Small, Run out of food early in day, Street parking

Best Donuts and Vegan Breakfast around - Edit

My daughter and I went this morning and got donuts and a sandwich. Great atmosphere, super friendly customer service from the young lady at the register and met one of the owners that couldn't have been nicer. The sandwich was great and the donuts couldn't be better, Maybe the best I have ever had! I can't wait to go back!

Pros: Donuts... need I say more? Atmosphere, customer se

Cons: none

Not just a Doughnut Place... - Edit

Glory Doughnuts may seem, based on outward appearances, to be simply a doughnut shop with a snappy logo and some tasty offerings... But it's actually a great deal more. It is, in fact, an interdimensional anomaly; Places like Glory Doughnuts are far more common in the alternate reality from whence it came, for it is a Utopian America in which cars powered by wind hover about on solar roadways, Benevolent Overlord Dennis Kucinich leads us all with his gentle wisdom, and delicious, buttery, hangover-slaying breakfast food is always cruelty-free (and served all day, of course.) Regardless of how exactly it happened, I'm just glad Glory Doughnuts made its way through the trans-dimensional vortex and settled in Frederick.
Updated from previous review on Wednesday June 17, 2015

Pros: Everything

Cons: I may well become morbidly obese soon...

Vegan donuts, need I say more? - Edit

When I die, please scatter my ashes at Glory Doughnuts. The doughnuts, nay the entire menu, is out of this world. They play golden oldies and the cashiers casually discuss which shade of orange to dye their hair next. Yes, I have found my people!

Pros: doughnuts, atmosphere, friendly staff

Cons: small space, hot in the summer, they run out of menu items quickly

Yes! Go! - Edit

I wish I could post a picture of the amazing apple pie stuffed french toast I just had and the tofu fried egg sandwich my boyfriend had. The food was amazing and the staff is soooooooo friendly.

Pros: Creative, delicious food and donuts, Friendly staff

Cons: Their donuts are so good that they sell out, so tr

Yum!! - Edit

It's probably a good thing I don't live in Frederick. I'd be ordering these constantly and would weight about 350 lbs by now! Great vegan donuts. Try the Chocolate Lovers, the Sweet Potato Pie..really any and all of them :).

Pros: Delicious, Did I mention delicious?

Return to Frederick Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Glory Doughnuts closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 6467 times since Dec 2013.