Garden Cafe of Woodstock

Contact 845-679-3600

6 Old Forge Rd (at Route 212, Hudson Valley), Woodstock, New York, USA, 12498

All organic vegan cafe with menu featuring items like curried fresh green pea fritter with toasted coconut sauce, Tuscan arugula and white bean salad with roasted garlic dressing, portabella panini on homemade foccacia, special entrees, strawberry shortcake, and smoothies. Serves breakfast (including tofu scramble), sandwiches, entrees & vegan desserts. Serves organic wine, beer and sake. Dine inside or in garden patio. Previously named Garden Cafe on the Green. Open Mon 11:30am-9:00pm, Wed-Thu 11:30am-9:00pm, Fri 11:30am-10:00pm, Sat 10:00am-9:30pm, Sat 10:00am-10:00pm, Sun 10:00am-9:00pm.

Category: Vegan, American, International, Organic, Beer/Wine, Middle Eastern

First Review by biolibrarian

see? it's not that difficult - Edit

clean, pleasant, friendly, tasty... the way a restaurant should be. the food is great - even the plain brown rice tastes better than I've had elsewhere, so the more inspired and complex dishes compete with any other superb restaurant.

Pros: generous portions

Nice vegan resto - Edit

Woodstock may not be that big, but it seems like most people know about this great resto. Definitely busy on the weekends and they only take reservations for large groups.

Nice menu with sandwiches, salads and entrees. The veggie lasagna was massive - it was nice to have such a veggie centric meal. The Indian burrito was also lovely. No room for dessert!

Pros: Reasonable variety

Cons: Busy, No reservations for small groups

filling Sunday brunch - Edit

Great service, friendly staff and atmosphere. Only negative comment was I didn't know they were serving lunch and I wish I had ordered off the lunch menu. Although my Italian scramble was amazing! Will be coming back :)

Fresh and Friendly - Edit

This was mine & my husband's first trip to Woodstock. We came on the suggestion of Catskill Animal Sanctuary & we're not disappointed. The food was absolutely delicious. For an appetizer we shared the black bean quesadilla SO fresh! For dinner I had the Chickpea Enchilada with sautéed kale & apple coconut salad. My husband has the pasta marinara with "meat"balls. And if you didn't think that was enough, we shared the famous brownie with cashew vegan ice cream. Yummmm. Awesome meal. I believe the owner just recently took over and she is a sweetheart! Our server was very nice. Going back to the sanctuary because we sponsored an animal so we will be back!!
Updated from previous review on Saturday May 30, 2015

Pros: vegan, fresh & delicious , friendly

Cons: bathroom next door & have to ask for a k

Wonderful flavors, creative recipes - Edit

Well established vegan restaurant in the heart of Woodstock-- on the village green. Great sauces and eclectic flavor combinations. The create your own Garden Bowl gives lots of diverse options. Their sauteed greens are tender and well seasoned. The baked tofu and the tempeh are very good. No microwaves used, so food prep takes awhile. Reasonable prices for gourmet food. Busy in the summer, service speed varies, reservations needed on Friday and Saturday. Outdoor seating is pleasant in nice weather.

Pros: excellent vegan food, Great recipe combinations

Cons: limited seating

Best Vegan Eats!! - Edit

I took my girlfriend out for our anniversary and this place is amazing. Our server Lisa was very kind and helpful. The menu was as great as the service there were so many options and they were ALL vegan! The food came quick and was delicious. I had read the reviews before going and saw a few negative comments about the service. I can safely say if lisa is your server you will have no issues. When we arrived there were a few tables opened and before leaving I spoke with the server about comment on here about making reservations, She did say on the weekends you pretty much have to (we went on a weekday) also in the summer it gets very busy. While i was there i learned that the owner (wasnt there) has become very ill :( so if your in town stop in and grab some damn good food and feel good about helping a small business and you just might contribute the helping the owner recover from her cancer

Pros: Great Food , Great Staff, Great artwork lines the walls

Cons: small beer selection

Excellent Vegan Restaurant - Edit

This is an exceptional restaurant for vegans. A creative and highly delicious menu. The service was fast and very friendly. The desserts were extraordinary! I would recommend this restaurant to any vegan or vegetarian. You will not leave hungry. It is a smaller restaurant and reservations are recommended.

Pros: Creative Menu, Excellent Desserts, Friendly Staff

Cons: Reservations needed

Charming vegan eatery in the heart of Woodstock - Edit

My wife and I were fortunate to get a table for dinner without a reservation. Great food and great service. The night we went they were out of a lot of items due to an extra busy lunch service. Seating is extremely limited so I would highly recommend a reservation.

Pros: Great food, great service

Cons: limited seating , small kitchen may result in menu items being unava

lovely outdoor seating - Edit

After visiting Woodstock Farm Animal Sanctuary, we stopped in for an early dinner. Our B&B owner had wisely told us to make a reservation in advance. The indoor area is small, but the outdoor area is lovely nestled between the trees. It was so peaceful to eat there. We ordered beers to start. Dirk got the garden bowl special and I got the Southwestern burger. Both excellent. I just wish the burger was a little bigger. We ended with the brownie and ice cream. It was more like cake and very moist which we preferred. The service was nice and friendly and since we weren't in a rush, we sat back and enjoyed the food and scenery.

Pros: lovely outdoor seating, tasty food, nice staff

Awsome! - Edit

It's so difficult to find completely vegan restaurants. It was so relaxing to be able to walk in to a restaurant, order anything on the menu and know its is cruelty free! Delicious smoothies! The food is delicious and has a great presentation.

Pros: Great food , Outdoor seating, 10% off for WFAS members

Cons: Small inside, need reservations

Contributions +49

I LOVED it! - Edit

I loved how this place was so down to earth and didn't emphasize the vegan factor. You would forget it was vegan after awhile! The food was homestyle and delicious! I would drive 700 miles again to go back and have the tofu scramble wrap.

Pros: atmosphere, food, decorations

Cons: small, no bathroom, small drinks

Totally vegan - Edit

My husband has always favored this restaurant and loves their garden bowls which are very filling. It is nice to eat outside when the weather is permitting. Most non-vegans I've brought here have liked the fare as well and there is always something for a sweet tooth on the menu.

Pros: Excellent food, Moderate prices, Organic

Cons: Run out of specials , Service can be slow, Bathroom is in an adjoining building

Return to Woodstock Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Garden Cafe of Woodstock closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.