Colombo St, Kandy, Sri Lanka

Traditional Sri Lankan vegetarian food. For lunch a buffet-style rice plate with red rice, lots of greens, dal, papad. For breakfast short eats made from ragi (finger millet) and rice. Also has sweets made with jaggery and coconut, Ayurvedic porridge, vegetable soup, and drinks. Open Mon-Sat 6:30am-5:00pm.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Indian, Buffet, Take-out, Bakery, Sri Lankan

First Review by LobkeBrasseur

I fell in love with this place! - Edit

I stayed in Kandy for 4 nights. Each morning I came here for breakfast and twice for lunch. Its buffet style. Some staff speak some English. Pay after.
The food is so so delicious and varied. The Kola Kanda is amazing. You really feel like a local here, eating with your hand and no other foreigners. Also the food is so so cheap. I loved it ❤

Pros: lots of vegan options, all typical srilankan food, so cheap

Very friendly, cheap & tasty! - Edit

Visited as a vegan.

I already had this place on my list in case we had some free time on the tour. We visited the markets and this isn't too far but is in an area that caters for locals rather than tourists.

The buffet food is all vegetarian curries and sides and much better flavour than the 'high end' hotel buffets we've been taken to and at about 1/10th of the cost.

Pros: authentic, tasty, priced for locals.

Cons: be mindful that everything is likely prepared with

The best food in town by far! - Edit

The food at Ganga vegetarian restaurant is really the best in town! It's very fresh and wholesome. They make herbal porridges and other traditional Sri Lankan treats with jaggery, millet and coconut among others. For breakfast they have herbal drinks and breakfast items like hoppers, vada, pol roti, dosai, etc. Many made with red rice. From 12 they start the lunch buffet at 130 Lkr, really so tasty. Lots of green veggies and variety of vegetables and dal.

Pros: Traditional and wholesome Sri Lankan food , Super friendly staff, Great value for money

Cons: They close on Sunday , They close at 17:30

Return to Kandy Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Ganga closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.