Funk 'n Waffles

( 1 review )
585-448-0354

204 N Water St, Rochester, New York, USA, 14604

Serves meat, vegan options available. Serves breakfast type meals with a few marked vegan options including vegan waffles, big breakfast sandwich with tofu, cheez and vegan sausage and a falafel waffle.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Non-veg

1 Review

First Review by Michael Isavegan

Not many vegan options but the ones they have are good! - Edit

We went there for a Sunday morning breakfast. They have a menu that clearly identifies vegan meals. They don’t have many options, but the ones they have are good.

I had the vegan Breakfast sandwich. It was on a good crunchy roll and had tofu, vegan cheez, and vegan sausage. I added hot sauce to mak it sing. They make the vegan cheez and sausage in house!

My wife had the vegan waffle with strawberries. It was a really tasty waffle. Crisp in the outside and tender inside. You can also mix and match and get different kinds of berries or toppings.

My wife asked if the chai latte could be made vegan. Apparently they use a base mix that has dairy in it. They were happy to make a different one from scratch using almond milk which they steamed with regular chai tea. We added maple syrup at the table. I was happy to see that they were so aware and accomodating.

This is a strange place that is used for music at night and they serve breakfast foods all day. It was a little funky but the staff was really nice and the food was excellent. I don’t know if any other place to have breakfast in downtown Rochester except maybe at Hart's Grocery.

We enjoyed it.

Pros: Some vegan items , Tasted great, Helpful and nice staff

Return to Rochester Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Funk 'n Waffles closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.