Freedom Organics

235 Duckworth St, Darwen, England, BB3 1AU

An all-organic all-vegan whole foods store & cafe. Has certified organic produce. Serves soups, salads, cakes, raw treats, raw cold-pressed juices & more, in addition to a daily specials menu. Open Mon 10:00am-3:00pm, Tue 10:00am-2:00pm, Wed-Fri 10:00am-3:00pm, Sat 10:00am-2:00pm. Closed Sun.

Categories: Vegan, International, Organic, Raw, Salad bar, Juice bar, Take-out, Bakery, British

First Review by Hoggy

love it!! - Edit

We have delicious Tofu Spicy Wraps and Brownies that we’re to die for! ❤️ bravo Freedom Organics!

Fantastic organic vegan eatery for dinner (lunch) plus an organic shop with a wide selection - Edit

Enjoyed a hearty tasty Thai veg broth for my dinner £3.50, optional extras brown rice £0.50 and/or bread £0.50, plus an almond, vanilla and banana slice £1.80, and a chocolate cashew slice £1.80! I also bought some bits from the shop. The shop had lots to choose from including fruit, veg, chutneys, nutritional yeast, spices.

The broth was very tasty and warming. The atmosphere was lovely and the chilled music playing contributed to the relaxed atmosphere.

Vicky and staff were very friendly, welcoming, chatty and happy to recommend ideas.

There was a bar to sit at facing the window with 4 chairs plus a small table with 2 chairs.

The menus are posted on the Facebook page early every day.

It was quite difficult to find parking available but it was worth it.

Would definitely recommend it and I’ll be back!

Pros: Fully vegan, Fully organic , Healthy

Cons: Difficult to park, Cash only

This place is a heaven - Edit

I thought that I am the best vegan chef ever... after 22 years I realised I was wrong :) highly recommended, food is delicious!

Updated from previous review on 2017-09-24

Pros: passionate staff, delicious food (extraordinary!)

Cons: open whilst I am at work...

Freedom Fresh - Edit

Wholefood, organic, and fully vegan in Lancashire, what more can I ask for? Friendly staff, great location with ample free parking nearby (on street and local free carpark), lovely styled interior with a great ambience!
The menu was explained to us in full, a lovely selection of options for all ranges of taste (and hunger!), with a great selection of healthy, refined sugar free treats!

I ordered the daily special which was the spiced marrow and chickpea curry, perfect for a cold day! My mum ordered the falafel wrap, we were a little surprised it came with a white tortilla, not a wholegrain or seeded version, which kind of clashed with the rest of the theme. However, both of our options were customisable, extra spice was available for the wrap, and for the soup I could have had rice, bread and a selection of toppings, and both were really tasty and nourishing.
My dad decided he couldn’t just pick ONE treat to try, so picked the chocolate orange and brazil nut muffin, and the almond, lemon and coconut slice. Not a crumb was left from either, so I can safely assume they were both delicious!
As well as our dinner (‘lunch’, we are Northern!), we picked up sweet potato, courgette and pumpkin seed muffins, and a loaf of wholegrain sourdough to take home. I get far too excited about artisan bread, let alone it being available at a vegan wholefoods venue!

I can’t wait for the next opportunity to visit again, I adore wholesome eateries like this, the vibe and ethics are absolutely what I want to see more of around! Thank you :)

Pros: Fresh, organic, local produce, Artisan bread, Friendly, helpful staff.

Cons: Small location

Return to Darwen Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Freedom Organics closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.