The Butlers Arms

+44-1254207233

Victoria Rd, Pleasington, Blackburn, England, BB2 5JH

Serves meat, vegan options available. Pub and dining. Jan 2018 reported added vegan menu - ask about it. Open Mon-Sun 11:00am-9:00pm.

Categories: Lacto, Pizza, Beer/Wine, British, Non-veg

First Review by Sasha200692

Vegan review, vegan menu prompted a visit with friends - Edit

Vegan review, vegan menu prompted a visit with friends

Visited here due to the vegan menu with 2 omnivore friends.

We decided to sit in the back section near the window as there was a beautiful sunset and lovely view although atmosphere was a bit lacking in there, perhaps as it was a quiet evening.

The staff were nice and happy to help. The service was good and quick.

The chorizo starter was quite nice. The balsamic and soy mushrooms were very strong but not in a good way. The cauliflower curry was very bland. The burger was ok, the sweet potato fries were nice that they came with. The ice cream was icy like it had iced and thawed a few times so I changed for rice pudding. That was just about edible. Out of everything I tried, the chorizo starter was the best. They had ran out of the meatball pizza, apple pie and avocado mousse.

For 3 people, we had 3 courses each plus a drink (one friend had 2 drinks) it cost £86.

My friend (not vegan) has previously had both vegan curries which she really liked. There’s one on the normal menu which is vegan and not on the vegan menu. That had sold out but my friend said it’s really nice.

The stars I am giving are because they have a vegan menu and because the staff were nice. I wouldn’t choose to go back here unfortunately.

That said I know people who have been who are returning customers but I can only speak from personal experience.

Well done for creating a vegan menu!

Pros: Vegan menu , Nice staff , Quick service

Cons: Not fully vegan , Below average tasting food , Ran out of sought after items on the menu

Vegan menu - Edit

We went on Sunday for the Sunday lunch special menu - 3 courses for £19, 2 for £16 1 for £13. Unfortunately they did not have a vegan option on the menu, despite the website menu showing that they did. Luckily, they have a separate vegan menu. The waitress said I could order a vegan main and she would charge me for the price on the special (unfortunately this did not extend to starters too which I had not realised until the bill at the end). The food was nice but I would advise going when there are offers on rather than pay full price (Wednesday has a special offer called Cow & Carrot where you can get 2 vegan mains/steaks for £20 - perfect if your partner is a meat eater like mine).

Pros: Nice food , Helpful staff , Nice location & decor

Cons: No vegan option on Sunday special , Slightly overpriced main menu

Return to Blackburn Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has The Butlers Arms closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.