Fraiche Yogurt

• Other Other
Contact 415-674-6876

1910 Fillmore St, San Francisco, California, USA, 94115

Little frozen yogurt shop that offers one organic soy frozen yoghurt, with choices of fresh fruit and wholesome toppings. Also offers fresh pressed juices (greens and carrot orange), Blue Bottle Co. coffee, and other beverages.

First Review by Chia

Delicious treats - Edit

Fraiche is a gourmet frozen yogurt shop that also has regular yogurts and other breakfast/dessert-type foods (smoothies, muffins, etc.). As such, they are open from early in the morning to reasonably late at night, which is nice. Although much of their food selection contains dairy and many options aren't labelled well whether they do or not, the shop still gets a pretty good review from this vegan because the option they do have is so darn delicious.

They offer 4 frozen yogurt flavors -- 3 dairy-based (chocolate, vanilla, and a rotating flavor) and 1 soy-based (vanilla). There was a period of a few weeks last year when they didn't have soy which was HORRIBLE because they don't really have other nice vegan treats. But it seems that was resolved and all is well again. If you're making a trip for it, you may want to call ahead to be super sure you'll get sweet satisfaction.

You put together what you'd like upon ordering (think Coldstone Creamery, if you've ever been there (not recommended)). Anyway, you select a size, and toppings from nuts/granola, dessert type things (mochi!), and fruits. My favorite is a giant chunk of dark chocolate they'll shave right onto your cup. I recommend getting 2-3 toppings for a good balance. The price is not cheap, $5-8, so I usually get a large to share with my partner.

There's seating for about a dozen people inside plus two small tables for a few more outside. It's usually a pretty tranquil, pleasant spot to relax and enjoy. Fillmore is also a nice street to wander and window-shop, just be careful if you got chocolate shavings, they'll blow away on a windy day!

Pros: Generous open hours, DELICIOUS

Cons: A bit expensive, Needs better vegan labeling

Close to my SF getaway YOGURT - Edit

Vanilla V yogurt. Good stuff. The employees werent "selling" the soy yogurt though I tried it anyway. I asked what flavor, and they said Soy flavor....really! It was great with grated chocolate. I'll be back! Thank you for a great after dinner dessert place. Yum!

Pros: Great location, Nice facility

Cons: 1 Milk free flavor

Vegan Frozen Yogurt - Edit

Found this cafe on a recent trip to SF and was very happy to see that an organic soy frozen yogurt was offered! On the day I stopped in, the flavor was vanilla, and it was delicious. My daughter and I both enjoyed it. The toppings offered seemed all very "real" and nothing artificial or highly processed: fresh berries and granola.

I also got a fresh greens juice for myself and a carrot orange for my husband. The staff presses the juices in the morning and places them in the fridge case.

I also need my morning coffee, so I got a hand pour black coffee by Blue Bottle Co. Coffee brand, and that was good.

The space is small but with little tables for seating. It's cute and cozy. Conveniently located on the shopping area of Fillmore Street.

Return to San Francisco Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Fraiche Yogurt closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 704 times since Jan 2012.