Food For Friends

+44-1273202310

17 Prince Albert St, The Lanes, Brighton, England,

Established 1981 a vegetarian restaurant offering both lacto-vegetarian (dairy) as well as some vegan options. Open Mon-Sun 12:00pm-10:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Beer/Wine, British, Catering

First Review by Foxtrot

AMAZING - Edit

I have been vegan for 2 years and I had some of the best food of my LIFE here. A bit pricy but the food is for sure worth the money! Careful: they take a service charge at the end, so try to not double tip. I highly recommend this place to anyone

a long wait - Edit

Be prepared for a long wait till the food arrives. I waited 50 minutes. And when it finally comes, the portions are small and not satisfying.

Updated from previous review on 2017-01-15

Pros: time to ponder, polite waiters apologise

Cons: a very long wait

Service charge. - Edit

Be aware this restaurant adds a optional service charge to your bill without giving you the option, it appears on your bill as.. Opt Svc CH: We were never given the option, or made aware of it, so added a tip to the bill, in effect paying for service twice. Very underhand and dishonest.

Excellent vegan food but not enough vegan choice - Edit

Excellent vegan food but not enough vegan choice.

Food : 5/5 Excellent !
Very tasty, nice presentation. The waitress is very kind. Fast service.

Pros: very tasty food, nice presentation, very kind waitress

Cons: not enough vegan choice

Great, well presented food - Edit

Starter and main we're both very good, but I wasn't as keen on the vegan cheesecake dessert. It was nice but not as nice as I was hoping. Every dish was well presented and service was good.

Pros: food was all very good

Cons: could have more vegan options, more vegan choices on drinks list (some weren't ma

A Brighton classic - Edit

Lovely food and good value for fine dining. It would be really great if they had a bit more choice for vegans though!

Pros: Good portion sizes for fine dining, Tasty, local legend!

Cons: needs more vegan options, Slightly long wait for second course

Vegan food - Edit

Love this place ,the vegan food they have is amazing but they need more Vegan options. Also they need to provide a vegan pudding. Have seen people walk out because not enough Vegan options .
Updated from previous review on Tuesday November 17, 2015

Updated from previous review on Wednesday November 18, 2015

Pros: Vegan food , Good location

Cons: Not much choice for vegans.

LOVELY STAFF - Edit

Bit expensive but the whole experience made it worth the money. Impossible not to tip the super friendly and chatty waitresses!!!

upmarket but unpretentious - Edit

Manages to deliver efficient service, good quality food, great atmosphere, excellent drinks, yet remain unpretentious. Staff are attentive but not overbearing.

Recommend the sharing platter!

Delicious food in a modern elegant atmosphere - Edit

Great vegetarian and vegan food in this beautiful modern restaurant. Excellent service, fantastic vegan desserts. Try the afternoon tea service!

Pros: atmosphere, delicious food, great service

"Most tasty" in a long time. - Edit

We've tried a couple of times to drop in to F4F but they have always been booked-up. We were lucky today though and had a table at 4pm for a late Sunday dinner.
The food and service were excellent and the portion sizes filling - especially the stuffed aubergine Sunday "roast"; which one of us described as "the most tasty veggie food I've had in a long time".
We will certainly be back.
Three of us had two courses, a couple of drinks and a coffee for about £75.

Pros: Very tasty food., Excellent, attentive service.

Cons: you could maybe ask for more on the menu but this

Nice meal, nice place - Edit

Both the mushrooms and goat cheese roast, and the open ravioli were very good. Also got to try a nice Chardonnay from Sussex which I haven't had before.

Tiny portions! - Edit

Lovely food but very tiny portions. £42 for 2 mains, bread and a drink. We're now round the corner at the chip shop filling ourselves up!

Awesome - Edit

amazing food and drinks. was visiting for the Vegfest and although it was busy the food out fast and service was great.

Pros: Lots of variety and vegan options

Food Ok But Poor Manager - Edit

Firstly we were offered water with the food. They should make you aware that it's not table water and it' at a price. The food was delicious and the portion size was adequate for us but if you're expecting a plate full then you'll surely be disappointed. We were shown to a table next to where the coats are hung. As the restaurant became busier more coats were hung and then a couple of inconsiderates gave no thought to their coats hanging inches from our food. Having eaten the main and with some of the starter left that we were going to pick at over drinks and a coat sleeve in the water was enough to see us off. I complained to the manager but she was only interested in knocking off the cost of the water. During that conversation she kept deflecting the conversation telling me how great the seating and the food was. She must have thought she was talking to a pleb. No respect for customers....what a shame as the food is ok

Cons: Manager

Great vegan food, quantity a bit dissapointing - Edit

I was here as part of a big group and we had a vegan platter. Food was excellent, really good and varied vegan choices but quantity was disappointing. Even with deserts it wasn't really enough. Go here but order plenty

Pros: Good vegan choices, Great service, Sensible approach to groups

Cons: Busy place, need to book, Portions a bit small

Decent vegan option - Edit

If you're wanting to splash out on a fancy meal, I'd go for Terre a Terre rather than Food for Friends - it was nice, but not as special or impressive. The sharing plate for starters is good, and the curried dishes are nicely spiced. I had been really looking forward to the arancini for dessert, but they weren't as good as I'd expected. Nice, but not mind-blowing.

Second visit - Edit

Our second visit to this establishment and we were a little disappointed. The prices have gone up and the menu has shrunk. First visit a few months ago was amazing I fact we visited twice. This time around just the one. Food again though is wonderful.

Return to Brighton Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Food For Friends closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.