Fargo

Contact 955276552

Perez Galdos, 20 (at Alfalfa Square), Sevilla, Spain, 41004

Serves meat, vegan options available. Self-described as modern European cuisine, slow food restaurant, opened Oct 2014. Offers a weekly changing menu according to the seasons and the market with usually a vegan main dish choice. Extensive alcohol menu. Bright space with minimal decor, a lounge room with sofas and Wi-Fi. Open Mon-Sun 7:30pm-11:00pm, Fri-Sun 12:30pm-3:00pm.

Category: Lacto, Ovo, Organic, Beer/Wine, European, Spanish, Non-veg

First Review by wyrd

upscale - Edit

Fargo is easy to find and to enjoy. It is a bit upscale in the world of vegetarian/vegan places in Seville with prices a bit higher than the norm. But the prices justify the food. I had a salad fresca with roasted vegetables, nice lettuces, some raw veggies, nuts and some pomegranate seeds. My husband had the lasagna. Which came stand alone...could have added at least one vegetable to the plate to round it out. We had the cake for dessert...it says on the menu: banana/nut but is actually a decadent chocolate cake made with bananas and has walnuts in the cake. It is sitting on a bed of chocolate ganache. Excellent. I'd go back just for that. This is a place for a pleasant evening with a loved one. It is romantic.

Pros: good preparation of food, nice setting

Cons: Not sure why they turned away from being all veget

Nice restaurant and bar - Edit

Went for an early evening meal as several vegan options available and was a nice place to eat-in. They change their menu every 1-2 weeks to take advantage of fresh ingredients.
We had the sweet potato burger (fantastic) and the vegan lasagne (only ok, nice idea but a little lacking).
At dessert was were the place really shone. We had a fully vegan chocolate mousse, and the owner came to our table to tell us the recipe was the result of a chef-on-chef challenge. It's made from just two ingredients, chocolate and water. Incredible, and very tasty.
Good experience overall, friendly staff and nice food. The staff also spoke very good English, if you aren't fluent in Spanish.

Pros: Nice setting, Tasty, well presented food, Friendly staff

Cons: Some dishes more clever than tasty

Delicious and worth every star! - Edit

We had an excellent meal of vegan polenta with wild mushrooms for the vegan, and a vegetarian tapas for the vegetarian. The menu is updated regularly, and it's slow food and a decent pace. The music was eclectic, as I type this it's the Ride of the Valkyries! The host is genial and several of the staff speak multiple languages. We heard Emglish, French, Spanish and at least one other.

Pros: Excellent menu, Fantastic range for vegans, Quality of food

Cons: 1.

A great find - Edit

Also they're not 100% vegetarian, only veggie/vegan friendly, Fargo deserves a 5.
Short menu + dishes of the day. 8 with meat or fish, 18 vegetarian including 14 vegan. 9 desserts including 4 vegan.
It's one of the two organic and farm to table restaurant in town proposing homemade weekly changing menu.
We had a green peas hummus, an Andalucian quinoa (!) tabuleh with fruits, a vegetarian tapas asortment and a mushrooms and greens risotto. Each of the plates was just like we expected, simple and delicious.
Top of the night: a vegan dark chocolate mousse black tea flavoured (no milk, no eggs, no sugar, just chocolate and tea).

Pros: organic fresh local food, english and french spoken, quiet

Cons: expensive spirits

Excellent Restaurant - Edit

We went to Fargo 3 times in a week. The best Veg-frendly restaurant in the city. Fabulous vegan-food (vegan-lasagna, hummus with eggplant) and desserts.
I'm agree with DJLNJ: it's a 5 stars, even for a vegan!

Owner spoke French, Spanish ,English and a little bit Italian!

Updated from previous review on Thursday June 04, 2015

Pros: Excellent Food, Friendly staff, Fresh local product

excellent - Edit

At first this wasn't high on my list of places to go during my visit because I was afraid it would be very expensive, but I'm so glad I ended up going.

They certainly had some very expensive options but most of the prices were average which is great considering the food was very much above average. We paid ~33€ for two drinks, bread, 2 entrees, and dessert.

The waiter immediately asked if we had any allergies or special diets, and pointed out the menu items suitable for restrictions. Their menu rotates a lot but I had "vegan lasagna " which was zucchini layered with a tomato sauce and a hazelnut vegan cheese that was divine. For dessert the fruit flambé came with a vegan coconut cream option that was just out of this world.

I highly recommend this restaurant, it was a nice change, especially since we never to nicer places like this at home.

Pros: excellent food, friendly and helpful staff, location

The organic farm to table restaurant in Sevilla - Edit

We go to Sevilla every year since many years, and there is something new in town. The slow-food movement makes patiently his way.
There is only 2 organic restaurants in that big (for Spain) city, Fargo is one of them (NOT 100% vegetarian !)
They have local meat and organic fish as well as a lot of vegetarian and vegan courses.
Everything is fresh and you can tell.. very tasty.
Fantastic desserts too, wich is something in Sevilla !
100% recommendable

Pros: Fresh Local organic products, Quiet place,, open every night

Cons: Packed on Fridays, no wheelchair access

WOW!!! A Place for Everyone! FIVE STARS!! - Edit

This is an amazing restaurant with fresh, locally-sourced food. They KNOW veggies. Everything about this restaurant is special: the menu, service, food, presentation, and amazing staff. We visited with a party of four: vegetarian, 2 carnivores and The King of Food Allergies. Everyone was delighted. They serve a full compliment of foods: vegan, vegetarian, fish and meat. And they do it all well. I am fortunate to be able to travel a lot, and I promise you that this is one of the loveliest restaurants you'll find anywhere. I wish I could eat here every night. If you are looking for a dining experience that will make you yearn to return, try Fargo!
The beloved Happy Cow only allows 4 stars for a non-veggie restaurant, but trust me: it's a 5, even for a vegan! Thanks, Happy Cow, for turning me on to Fargo.

Pros: Wonderful staff - the best!, Wide-ranging menu - wow!, Delicious food - yum!

Cons: Far from our home in America!

Interesting veg-friendly place - Edit

I had dinner at Fargo a couple of weeks ago with 6 non-vegetarian friends. The place is very nice and the atmosphere is a bit "posh", not in a negative way, but it is not the usual tapas bar that you can find in Seville.

I'm an easy-going guy, so I don't usually enjoy "posh" places, but we had a great time with my friends and I managed to eat vegan with no problems at all. Actually, the (French) owner of the place was very helpful when I asked him about the various dishes in the menu and the ingredient of some of the more unusual ones.

The place is more expensive than the standard tapas bar in Seville and in the end we spent almost 20 euros each but including a couple of bottles of good red wine, with some of us also ordering cake at the end.

So I will put "Ok" as an overall rating, but if you like quiet, "polished" places, you will find Fargo to be "Good". Also, I would say that it is the perfect veg-friendly place to eat out as a couple (although, again, we had a great time as a group of friends)!
Updated from previous review on Sunday December 07, 2014

Pros: Helpful staff, Interesting veg options, Central location

Cons: A bit pricey, Serves meat

Return to Sevilla Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Fargo closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2562 times since Oct 2014.