Habanita

Calle Golfo 3, Seville (at Plaza Alfalfa), Sevilla, Spain,

Serves meat, vegan options available. Bar and restaurante. Offers a wide variety of vegetarian and vegan items, clearly marked on the menu. Located in el Centro. Open Mon-Sun 12:30pm-4:30pm, Mon-Sat 8:00pm-11:30pm.

Category: Lacto, Mediterranean, Beer/Wine, Spanish, Cuban, Non-veg

First Review by Stevie

Average - Edit

We went to Habanita for tapas in the evening. It's ok, basic and reasonably tasty, but nothing special. The server was efficient but not especially friendly. It's ok, worth a visit if you're in the area and hungry for something vegan, but struggle to recommend above other vegan options in Seville.

Pros: Vegan tapas, Outdoor seating

Cons: So-so food, Brusque (though not unfriendly) service

Nice veg-friendly place - Edit

I went to Habanita tonight with two non-vegetarian friends.

We decided to order five vegetarian tapas (you can order 1/2 dishes for about 5 euros or so, and full dishes for 10 euros or so), and we order vegan croquettes, goat cheese with marmalade, spinach croquettes, samosas with feta and mint, and rice with mushrooms. All was very tasty and good, we had sangria which was also very good and in the end we spent 14 euros each.

The atmosphere was nice, and the place was full when we left at 22:30. I think that this is a good option when you are eating out with non-vegetarian friends, and it offers many veggie options (I counted more or less 15 vegetarian dishes).

PS: update August 2016. I've been back to Habanita a few times in the last months and I'm changing the stars from three to four. Not only 75% of the menu is vegetarian/vegan, but also most things are really good (rice and black beans, hummus with raw vegetables, grilled vegetables, Habanita salad with walnuts...)!

Updated from previous review on 2014-12-07

Pros: Many veg options, Resonable prices, Nice atmosphere

Cons: Serves meat

Good option for vegans - Edit

For anyone struggling to find vegan friendly food places this would be ideal. Menu is very clear to see what options are vegan and there are quite a few to. choose from. Food wasn't outstanding and service was ok.

Pros: Clearly marked vegan options

Cons: Not the cheapest meal

Great vegan choices - Edit

Menu is really clearly marked veggie or vegan and the food is delicious. Had the best vegan coconut cake too...friendly service and reasonable prices.

Pros: Great vegan selection , Vegan clearly marked on menu

Lots of interesting veggie/vegan options - Edit

I'm surprised by how mixed the reviews are here. I've been twice and really enjoyed my food on both occasions. Over half the menu is vegetarian, and around half of that is vegan (all clearly marked).

The feta and mint samosas are definitely a highlight, and I've also enjoyed the aubergine, falafel and fried banana dish. It might be a little tricky to find, but if you're in Seville it's definitely worth checking out. Service was good too, the staff seemed friendly.

nice place, boring food - Edit

Unfortunately, I found the food rather boring; it lacked creativity and (for my taste) spices.
We had crudites with hummus which was pretty good with mainly fresh vegetables. My main was a seitan steak with potatoes. The potatoes unfortunately lacked any spicing (or salt, for that matter) and were only accompanied by some few leaves of field salad. The steak was nicely spiced but was rather thin and had a rubber-like consistency. In my opinion, the dish would have really needed some sauce, some spices, and maybe some additional side of vegetables. My boyfriend had fried yucca and beans with rice and this food as well lacked salt or other spices.

Pros: nice, cozy room, good location, good selection of cocktails

Cons: food is rather bland, not creative

Best veg*n lunch so far - Edit

We've spent a lot of this trip to Seville hunting out the veggie options (thanks Happy Cow!) as we have limited choices for eating out at home.

Habanita is the best by far - not just veganized traditional tapas, but original and delicious veggie dishes - a wide selection of vegetarian and vegan alike, some with a wonderful latin twist.

Pros: Variety/Choice, Delicious Food, Great Service

Cons: Hard to find at first, Above average prices, You might eat too much..!

Delicious - Edit

This place was great! Lots of vegan and vegetarian options. We ordered three vegan items and shared. We also had coconut flan for dessert which was also vegan. Kind of hard to find, but worth it!

Pros: inexpensive

Cons: none

Hard to find yet worth a visit - Edit

It took some time to go through all those streets but finally we made it. We had some yuca, pisto and other portions, some Spanish, some Cuban-inspired. While it may not be a work of genius, it is a nice change from the otherwise rather reactionary Spanish cuisine.

Good and quiet ! - Edit

For 13.15euros, I ate the Veg Habanita aubergina served with rice and cougettes, and a beer. It was good. Thick slices of aubergina well cooked.

In the center of old town: well located.

Pros: good, location

It's Ok - Edit

Small restaurant hidden in an ally.
They have a wide menu to choose from, veggie and vegan. Which is great, but the flavour and taste wasn't that special.

Pros: Intimate

Cons: Flavours and taste

delicious! - Edit

My friend and I shared vegan croquettes, and had the vegetarian steak as an entree (very juicy and delicious), and we shared coconut flan for dessert. I really enjoyed it and might return again during this trip. It is tucked in a little corner but they had an A-frame out to know where to turn

Pros: options are labeled, non-veg if you're with non-veg friends, friendly staff

Best in Spain! - Edit

This place is excellent. The owner is incredibly friendly and the wait staff is as well. Although it's not the best restaurant I've been to, it's certainly the best I've been to in Spain. Their tapas are reasonably priced and incredibly delicious. The croquetas veganas and the patatas con mojo picón especially. If you're in Sevilla and looking for a place that will satisfy both vegans and non-vegans, you must stop by. You'll leave feeling full and happy and will certainly want to return. :)

Pros: Vegan and non-vegan dishes, delicious patatas con mojo picón, nice little outdoor dining area

Nice but bit overpriced - Edit

Its a nice place with many interesting vegan options but is a little bit over priced. You can go for menu del dia instead of choosing multiple things from the menu! Banana in savory sauce was really good.

Variable - Edit

We went to this restaurant twice because I think we chose poory on the first visit when we got 2 types of croquettes and spinache balls, all of which were deep fried and came on a bed of iceberg lettuce. They could definitely improve on the presentation of these dishes, relying on iceberg lettuce shows an extreme lack of creativity.

However, when sneaking a look at other customer's food I developed a serious case of food envy so a few nights later we tried Habanita again and it was fantastic. This time we had Flower Salad with goats cheese, lentil and tomato salad, and Fufu which were all delicious.

Pros: Friendly service, Some very good dishes

Cons: Heavy reliance on iceberg lettuce

Tourist trap, flavorless, rip-off, to be avoided - Edit

We went here because it was highly recommended. Unfortunately we were not only disappointed by the lack of any flavor in the food but also with the price, selection and quality. First off, this is NOT a vegetarian restaurant- they only have a few vegetarian options. I ordered the beans and rice and it was served lukewarm and appeared/tasted like it had been reheated several items as it was crusty and dry. We were charged extra for sitting outside, extra for bread and 40 cents extra for each of the 2 tasteless plastic packet of olive oil. I ordered a Piña Colada and it was served unblended and tasted like there was absolutely no rum in it. My partner and I tried several other side dishes, all of which were flavorless. We were appalled when we received the bill. It turned out to be our most expensive and tasteless meal in our 2 week trip to Spain. As a side note, the bathrooms were filthy and the cleanliness of the restaurant itself was questionable. After dining here for lunch, we went up to the La Alameda de Hercules neighborhood for dinner. We ate at another restaurant called "Arte y Sabor" in which we were given free olives, olive oil, and free bread. The food was half the price and twice as good.

Pros: Nothing

Cons: Price, Flavorless

Einfach top! - Edit

Hier wird veganes und vegetarisches Essen angeboten, ebenso etwas Fleisch und Fisch. Die Karte ist optimal gestaltet, so dass jeder direkt unterscheiden kann, welches Essen vegan oder vegetarisch ist. Dafür schon mal 5 Sterne!
Das Essen war das Beste, was wir im ganzen Urlaub gegessen haben! Die Küche hat es geschafft, " normale" Speisen in vegane umzuwandeln, einfach sensationell! Personal sehr freundlich, schnelle Bedienung, nur zu empfehlen!

Very good - Edit

Nice place to go in Seville if you are a vegan.

The vegan and vegetarian options are listed in the menu, you can also check them in their site:

Don't miss the yuca, an interesting dish if you never tasted it!

Pros: Staff, Taste, Location

Return to Sevilla Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Habanita closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.