Ezra's Enlightened Cafe

Contact 317-255-3972

6516 Ferguson St, Indianapolis, Indiana, USA, 46220

A bee-gan cafe is also gluten and dairy free. Menu is vegan except for honey in some dishes but could request vegan. Juices, smoothies, tonics, desserts, salads, rotating entrees, soups. International influences. Holds classes. Take-out only, no dining in, reported May 2015. Open Tue-Fri 8:00am-3:00pm, Sat-Sun 10:00am-3:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, American, International, Organic, Raw, Western, Salad bar, Juice bar, Take-out

First Review by kaduhacissej

Fresh and Flavorful! - Edit

We got the Rosemary Sweet Potato Bowl and the Nacho Mama's Bean Bowl as our meals and both were so delicious! The ingredients all tasted very fresh. We also got a slice of Pumpkin Cheezcake to split and I couldn't even get a picture before it was practically gone - it was SO GOOD. A lot of the meals and sweets were raw for anyone who's interested!

Awesome Plant Based Restaurant - Edit

I'm calling this a plant based restaurant because except for some honey, it is. Not only that, it's basically a whole foods plant based spot, so it's really healthy. Juices, raw options, hot grain bowls, and raw desserts, stuff like that. You can tell a lot of care and thought goes into the food, and I will definitely go here again when I pass through Indy.

The only reason I'm not giving it 5 stars is that the bowl I ordered was under-seasoned and I felt wasn't very full for what I paid. I was still hungry after the bowl and some juice, and wound up ordering some more food. It could have just been a fluke that I had that experience, though.

Pros: whole foods, super healthy, friendly staff

Cons: value for the money?

Ignorant Employees - Edit

HORRIBLE HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE

3 different employees verified the pizza was raw vegan and it was -->NOT!

If you haven't eaten anything cooked in 4+ years, a $7 slice of Cooked ANYTHING will make you SICK for DAYS!

Get your act together Ezra
You're going to Hurt people with your IGNORANCE

Giant thumbs down >:(

Pros: It's the only place in town, Like minded customers, Good location

Cons: Non vegan employees, Cooked food with raw food ignorant staff, Oils & honey & other weird ingredients

Delicious food - Edit

My favorite restaurant in Indiana hands down! The cafe was gorgeous inside and out, super colorful and vibrant. The food was just as vibrant: I had the Buddha bowl and was in heaven eating it!

Pros: amazing food, lovely restaurant , great desserts

Deliciously healthy eats - Edit

How has no one reviewed this place yet? It's so exciting to have a place like this in Indy! Healthy, and so delicious. I have loved just about everything I've tried here. The Buddha Bowl is probably my favorite. Some of the other items I really really liked were pad thai and pizza.

The desserts, WOW. It's hard to believe that they are raw and healthy! The cheesecakes are to die for. The ones that stand out in my head are the chocolate chai and key lime.

As far as beverages, there are a ton of juices and smoothies and elixirs and tonics. I have only tried a few of them. The smoothie and the chai were great. I have also had the immune booster , which sort of made my insides feel like they were on fire from the spicy ginger and cayenne I think, but in a good way. I really hate vegetable juices, so I'm not the best person to advise there, as there was only one juice I've tried that I've been able to stomach. If green juice and beet juices are your thing though, I'm sure you'll like them.

If you're a vegan who avoids honey, that would be something to look out for at Ezra's.

I would love to eat here more often, but it's pretty pricey for it to be a regular trip for me, and it's typically not super filling. The Buddha Bowl is so far the only thing I've had that has been filling for me (and my husband agrees on that). However, my body feels awesome after I eat here, so if you can afford regular trips here, do it.

It can feel a bit claustrophobic inside, however they recently opened a year-round seating area outside (heated in the winter), so that helps quite a bit.

Pros: Desserts are amazing, Healthy, Buddha Bowl

Cons: Price, Not super filling, Inside can feel claustrophobic

Return to Indianapolis Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Ezra's Enlightened Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.