Ethos Vegan Kitchen

Contact 407-228-3898

601-B S New York Ave, Winter Park, Florida, USA, 32789

Full-service vegan restaurant featuring home-style fare; weekend brunch menu 9am-3pm; regular menu 12-11pm. Free Wi-Fi. Current location since fall 2012; previously on N Orange Ave Ste 101. Mon-Fri 11:00am-11:00pm, Sat-Sun 9:00am-11:00pm

Category: Vegan, American, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Catering

First Review by

best vegan food - Edit

Let me start by saying that not only do I, a vegan from New York City, love this place, but so did my paleo-diet-meat-loving cousins. We went to Disney for a week vacation and ate here 5 out of the 7 nights even though it was a half hour drive away. The garlic knots were out of this world. This was the first vegan calzone I've ever had and it was great. We probably tried everything on the menu by the time we left Florida but some other standouts were the kids pasta primavera, kids pizza bread, rustic italian pasta, samson burger, and coconut curry wrap. The service here is great; everyone is so friendly. Definitely recommend.

Pros: great service, Friendly Staff, excellent food

Cons: food was so good I couldn't stop eating

Super! - Edit

Visited while on a summer holiday.
Loved it! :)
I had the walnut encrusted eggplant which was just amazing and my boyfriend had tempeh with rice and veg.
It was all so good, decor was nice, large and open. Friendly service and although it was upper end of prices it was worth it!
We even bought some tee shirts!

Pros: great food , lots of choice , nice setting

better vegan options - Edit

I used to go to ethos a couple times a week but now that there are so many other vegan places around with better food I just feel disappointed every time I go back. Not only does everything taste like pre-packaged frozen meals, but every time I eat there I feel bloated when I leave. Too much salt? or preservatives from the pre-packed food? I don't know, but I think I'll skip it from now on. Fresher vegan alternatives available now.

Pros: nice decor, location, friendly staff

Cons: pre-packaged food, over-priced vs value, overly preserved (salt)

WHOLE MENU IS VEGAN!!!!!!!!! - Edit

i cant say enough great stuff about this place! food is great, vegan comfort food, brunch, beer and wine, cookies and snacks at a little bakery case to go, (or eat there, but the food is so good , i suggest eating "cooked" food, and desserts there and taking snacks to go) relaxed atmosphere, just great, cant recommend it highly enough.

Pros: whole menu is vegan , tons of stuff to pick from , to go snacks and cookies and such

A-MAZ-ING!!! - Edit

Just visited this place again. Still amazing. Even my vegan-food-wary sister-in-law enjoyed her meal. Garlic knots are still amazing. I got the crispy eggplant. I was a bit unsure since it said one slice, but it was lengthwise and a pretty good slice. Customer service was great, and I had a 15 month old running around.

Old review: I LOVED this place!!! This is one of the best vegan restaurants I've been too (and I'm from Portland, OR so I've been to plenty). The place is nice and clean, there are lots of vegan options. You must try the Garlic Knots, as well as the Bruschetta. On my first visit I ordered the Orange Chikn, and my second I had a pizza. Both were good. I do wish they made their own vegan cheese for the pizza, but they use Follow Your Heart. Prices are reasonable and they have tasty cookies for $1-1.50. My only issue was the first time we went the server pretty much ignored us. Our waters sat empty until I called her over and asked for a refill. However, the second visit we had an amazing server that checked on us every time we walked by.

Updated from previous review on 2013-01-07

Pros: Garlic Knots, Clean, Delicious

loved it! - Edit

During our Orlando trip, we ate here twice and loved it. We were first stuck by how large the restaurant was and how many people were there. It has a great modern diner feel and the staff were very friendly. For dinner, we ordered the sheep's pie, mac and cheese and Florentine tortellini. The server raved about the tortellini and she was right! We also started with the sausage roll based on her recommendation as well. For dessert, we got the ice cream sundae. We washed it all down with a couple of beers. When we came back for lunch, we ordered the blackened tempeh, Philly sandwich and hoe cakes. Yummy! For dessert, we got the chocolate amaretto mousse and a strawberry milkshake. We ordered calzones to go to have for dinner too. They are completely pick your own fillings. Everything was so good and I would love to try everything on the menu if I could. Definitely a must visit!

Pros: all vegan diner, friendly staff, tasty

Top Place to Eat Out - Edit

A few years ago, I decided to try this place out. I was a newly turned Vegan and didn't know what to expect. Ethos gave me a good first experience with a Vegan Restaurant. I've read in some reviews that people are annoyed with them using packaged Vegan food. While some of this is true, that is definitely not the case with all of their dishes. There are plenty of dishes that aren't full of overly processed packaged food. It's always a very satisfying experience for me and my family. We come here for the majority of our outings, even though it's a 30+ minute drive for us. The staff are always incredibly nice. If I had to say one thing I would change though, it would be to widen the selection of Gluten Free dishes. I go here often, and only being able to pick between a few dishes each time gets to be a little boring. Overall, this is a go to for my family.

Pros: Gluten Free Options, Friendly Staff , Nice Vibe

ignore the naysayers - Edit

I read some of these reviews, and they make me understand why some omnivores think vegans are crazy. Ive been eating here for years and the food and service is always very good. Yes, they use gardein products for some of their items, but not all, and it's merely one element within a dish that THEY prepared. If that really offends you please order something else. There are plenty of options here for everyone so the people complaining about stuff are just looking for something to gripe about. Vegans and non vegans alike love this place and, unless you have a stick up your bum, will likely love it as well.

Pros: value, selection, service

Pre-Packaged Vegan Food! - Edit

Visiting the Orlando area and was so happy to find a FULL vegan restaurant and was excited to taste the delights of a vegan kitchen. Too my dismay, when the food arrived it tasted similar to something that I have tasted before in my own home except with sauces and different spices. When I inquired about the ingredients with the staff, I was told the it was Gardein brand. I do watch my oil and sodium intake regularly but decided to splurge because it was my first time at a FULL vegan restaurant. Due higher amounts of sodium and oils in the frozen pre packaged food. I left with a stomach ache and disappointment!

Pros: Full Vegan

Cons: Pre-Packaged Foods disgused

Not made from Scratch - Edit

I order the hoe cake and the all American burger.
The burger tasted familiar, I asked the manger they said it was gardin brand. The hoe cakes came from a pre-made boxed batter. My friend had gotten he gyro the chickun inside was also from a bag. DO NOT RECOMMEND gave me a stomach ache! The cookies have way too much sugar in them. Never going back.

So Many Options! - Edit

Huge sit down resturant with a friendly staff. As an appetizer, we had the crispy green beans. They were great and a healthy choice. I had the Coconut Curry Tofu Wrap. It was full of flavor and something I have never tried before. My friend had the Chickpea Salad Sandwhich which she said was very good as well.
Though I did not try them out, thwy had a varity of vegan desserts to try....from cakes to milkshakes, and freshly made cookies....I will be going back every time I visit Orlando!

Pros: All Vegan!

Excellent vegan food - Edit

This is an all-vegan homestyle restaurant that is amazing! If you are vegetarian or vegan this place is a must-go, but even if you are not, I think you will find plenty you like.

Extensive menu with just about any kind of food you could want, and the server said they rotate menu items frequently. I had the tortellini florentine which tasted so creamy and like it had alfredo sauce. My husband had the sheep's pie which was full of veggies and topped with mashed potatoes. Portions were huge and we ended up taking a lot home. Food was more of the "comfort food" homestyle. Not exactly the healthiest (though they did have healthier options on the menu, many are old-fashioned "homestyle" types of dishes).

They also had AMAZING cookies. A whole case with about a dozen different flavors. There were 6 of us and we all love chocolate chip, but they limit the # of each flavor of cookie ordered to 6. (If you wanted cookies like for a party you could custom pre-order). the server said they only make so many of each per day or week and so they won't sell more than 6 of one kind at a time. The chocolate chip is excellent and an omnivore would never know it's vegan. We also got the chocolate chocolate chip, which, while good, was not as good as the chocolate chip. It is a dark chocolate and it was very crumbly. Not dry, but the cookies all broke apart. Also got the snickerdoodle and ginger snap, which were good but not as good as the choc chip. One of those 2 (forget which) was also a bit greasy.

It is about a 20-minute drive from the Universal theme parks (and over 45 minutes when we went at dinner time). So it's not an easy place to stop by for lunch if you are in the area for one of the parks, but it is well worth it for dinner or if you are not at the theme parks.

Overwhelmingly good!! - Edit

There's no other way to put it, but overwhelmingly good. Every time I come here, I want to eat EVERYTHING...I really mean EVERYTHING!! I live in South Florida, and seriously come to Orlando for Ethos (and the theme parks, but let's be serious - food is real attraction). I only knew Ethos by its brunch menu, as I would come on weekends, and couldn't pass up the amazing vegan breakfast foods. But then, I started eating the lunch options, and my life has changed forever. If you are a vegan in Florida, you NEED to go here. I think it is probably the best vegan restaurant in the state. Sure, it isn't healthy...it's definitely more 'comfort foods', but how often do vegans get to eat food like that anyway?!? Great physical restaurant, great staff, great beer selection, and AMAZING food! You can't go wrong.

Pros: Excellent food, Friendly staff, Great atmosphere

Cons: none!!

Great food and service! - Edit

So happy I got to finally try Ethos! We were greeted and seated very quickly. Our server was Bella and she was super friendly and attentive. Our glasses were always refilled way before they were empty. Since this was our first time we asked for some recommendations. She suggested the sausage rolls appetizer so we tried it. AMAZING!! I could have eaten two plates of that alone! They make their sausage from eggplant which I've never heard of. The texture was perfect and it was very flavorful. The Dijon dipping sauce, however, made the dish! My boyfriend got the tempeh entree. He was very happy with it. I tried a few bites and thought it was very good. Nice amount of flavor and spice. I had the chicken gyro with side of chips and salsa. It was pretty tasty. I think I have perfected vegan tzatziki so I didn't like theirs as much. Overall, it was a great sandwich though! Both entrees were generous portions so we had leftovers. We didn't order dessert but I did try a sample of their double chocolate chip cookie. So good!! Can't wait to go back and try their other dishes!

Pros: All Vegan, Excellent Food, Friendly Staff

Could Not Get even a piece of lettuce! - Edit

When My brother in law moved to the area we visited him from out of town and turned him onto this restaurant (we travel the US trying out vegan restaurants). He is not vegan but loves the Bruechetta (if u ask me it is always inconsistent, most of the time bread is soggy, even when you ask then to toast it more) Together we must have spent well over a thousand dollars since April, (we have visited him 3 times). The food sometimes is good and other times it is not good. On our last trip we had brunch (with some out of town guest) and there are NO veggies on their early morning brunch except potatoes on the tofu scramble. I ordered the tofu scramble without sausage or gravy, because I do not like pork flavored food, but wanted it in a wrap. I asked if hash browns were on the side and was told yes, but they came in the wrap. I assumed they actually added some other veggies in their tofu scramble, because I am a vegan who loves and eats veggies, not just a bunch of fake food. So I asked the waitress at 11:15am if I could possible get some veggies, maybe a piece of lettuce or even a whole tomato I would cut up myself. She went and asked and they REFUSED to give me any kind of veggie what so ever because it was not noon!This was totally upsetting to imagine that this is how the treat a paying customer! I was not even asking them to cook or prep anything. I really do not like giving bad review to vegan restaurant but this was and is totally ridiculous!!
Updated from previous review on Saturday August 29, 2015

Pros: Roomy, Friendly staff

Cons: inconsistency, No veggies for early brunch, pricey for mock food

Full scale dining with deliciously prepared recipe - Edit

This is consistently delicious. They serve real full scale dinners ....shepard's pie is yummy and always appreciated by vegans and non vegans alike. This is a place that you can invite others that are not vegan and they will love their meal. It is a more conservative vibe , so the kind of place you can take your mom to.....from brunch to a full scale three piece course dinner. Just wonderful always.
Updated from previous review on Thursday August 27, 2015

Pros: Full sale dining, Delicious , Well rounded menu

A pleasant surprise! - Edit

Ethos Vegan Kitchen has struck a winning formula. It's a spacious restaurant with friendly, attentive service and a relaxing, casual atmosphere. The menu is diverse enough to please most anyone, ranging from a variety of comfort food to plenty of more salubrious fare. There are desserts and bakery items, too. The only thing they didn't serve that i wish they did serve is fresh juices.

When i went for weekday lunch there was no wait for a table, nor a long wait for the food. There's free parking in the lot outside.

Recommended!

Pros: diverse menu, vegan desserts, friendly service

Good and consistent - Edit

Etho's is a great place for sunday brunch and weekday night family dinner. It is consistently good and one of the few vegan restaurants in the area. It has a wide array of menu options, some even gluten free for those who need it. It does get crowded at times especially on Sunday mornings so be prepared to wait a while.

Pros: Inexpensive, Brunch and Lunch/Dinner items, Good food

Cons: Crowded at times

Great variety - Edit

We were so surprised at the size of the restaurant, especially since it is all vegan. The place is a must visit for us now. Wish we had someplace like this on Long Island. The food and service were fantastic.

Love This Place! - Edit

This place is Awesome!
I've never been to an all vegan restaurant and this one has really set the bar.
The atmosphere inside is nice.
The garlic knots are the best appetizer so get those! I didn't try any others. They were so warm and delectable, not too garlicky either.
The curry wrap was good and flavorful. The side of cole slaw was not so flavorful and I didn't care for it too much. I would suggest the chips and salsa as a side with your meal.
The All American Burger was delicious as was the Gyro.
The pizza with banana peppers, tempeh and vegan cheese was yummy.
I already want to try more from this place!
Looking forward to going back.

Pros: Great Food, Good Atmosphere, Filling

Cons: Staff not always very friendly

Absolutely Delicious! - Edit

We discovered this gem of a restaurant about a year ago and have religiously made the hour drive every 6 weeks or so. We really enjoy going for special occasions, when they have a themed menu. BEST vegan comfort food I have had to date! The lasagna is a must! Try the mousse for dessert...you won't be disappointed. Can't leave without a snicker-doodle cookie.

love this place! - Edit

Always great food and friendly service. The philly and the coconut curry wrap are favorites.

Pros: friendly staff, amazing all vegan food

Cons: too many indulgences if you are typically a whole

Ethos is the crème de la crème of Vegan in Orlando - Edit

Ethos is a beautiful Vegan restaurant that you could bring your family to dine even if they are not vegan. The food options are abundant and you feel like you are in a very nice restaurant. The food is very tasty. I have too many favorites to list. They even have Gluten free foods listed on their menu. My favorite salad is the Crispy Chickun Salad and I guess my favorite dish is the Chickun Marsala. They also have a great brunch every weekend. The only thing missing from Ethos is an outdoor eating area so I could bring my Dog.

Pros: Excellent Food, Family Friendly, Great Ambience

Cons: Not Pet Friendly

Brunch Saturday and Sunday - Edit

Brunch is my favorite time for Ethos. I have a hard time deciding what to order because they offer the special weekend brunch menu plus the regular menu. I love the Brunch biscuits and gravy, really wonderful. But I also love the BBQ Chickun, mashed potatoes and collards.

Everything vegan so it's hard to save room for dessert. We share a ice cream sunday topped w/ hot chocolate and nuts.

Pros: all vegan, desserts, wine

Overpriced, overhyped regrettable - Edit

This past weekend I had the unfortunate experience of eating at this restaurant. The only thing worse than my experience was the food.

We ordered two dishes, at our servers recommendation, the “Yo Mama’s Lasagna” and the Blackened Tempeh. The Lasagna was alright. If I went to a friend’s house in college, and they prepared that as a vegan dinner(and they were a meat eater trying their best) I would have been pleased. At a Vegan restaurant, as one of their recommended main dishes, I was not. The vegetables in this "vegetable" lasagna were barely there. It was more a plate of store bought noodles, bland sauce from a jar, and vegan cheese. Even the garlic bread was so-so. With garlic knots are on the menu, I don't know why the included bread was so blah.

Now the Tempeh. I am a tempeh lover- done right it is amazing, at Ethos it is not. The Tempeh itself looked and tasted like it came fresh out of the publix/ whole foods wrapper and on to my plate- same shape, even with a crease from the plastic! On the menu it is described as blackened- there was a bit of black/ seasoning on one of the ends-only. The salsa on top of it was good but sparse. The black beans under it were alright (not really good or bad, just OK), and the collared greens were WAY too salty. The “jasmine rice” was plane white and reminded me of minute rice. The whole dish, given how stingy they were with the beans, greens, and salsa, was a dry, tasteless, plate of rice that I ended up having to force down. It was so bad in fact that the Lasagna my fiancé had suddenly became appetizing by comparison!

The entire experience was not bad at Ethos. The tap water with lemon was great!

I'm not sure why this restaurant is so well liked/ reviewed. I can only guess it is because the restaurant itself has a clean, urban, chain store vibe/look and I think their preppy crowd finds it exciting to have dreadlocked and pierced servers. I think that maybe customers get a thrill from this and view it as slumming. Likewise, based on the plethora of meat substitutes, I think this place caters to the kind of people that view Vegetarian/Vegan as a phase they go through, etc.” Maybe these people do not know that Veg/ Vegan food can be amazing.

If you read though that entire post I will say two things. Try Dandelion Communitea café!!!! You will love it! Also, I went to Ethos once. Maybe they were having a bad day. I disliked it so much I will never return to find out.

PS-The site made me give two cows- it deserves 0

Pros: Clean, Great tap water

Cons: Food, Taste, Salt

Great food - Edit

Our waitress Anh knows the menu very well and is very sweet. I had the rustic Italian pasta and my wife had the bay cakes. Both presentations were amazing and the flavor was fantastic. Beer selection was great and my wife had their chocolate amaretto mousse.

Pros: 100% vegan

Cons: Hard pressed to think of a single one.

Contributions +394

must visit! - Edit

This place rocked! It was huge inside and the menu had lots of options. I had a burger and shake and I didn't think that the burger was greasy. The food tasted really good and the staff were friendly.

Pros: cheap, tasty

I love Ethos :) - Edit

First of all, they get 10 cows for being an entirely Vegan restaurant!!

And the servers and staff are all friendly and helpful too, so that deserves about 20 cows :D

The decor and ambience is really great-- nice and casual/comfy at the same time, so a few more cows for that... (what am I up to? thirty something cows, right?)

So let's talk about the food. There are obviously dishes I prefer over others.

My favs:

*My taste buds LOVE the sausage roll and the sauce that goes with it.
*Love the veggie puffs (I forget their technical name)
*The mashed potatoes and gravy are my FAV so far. Mmmmmm...
*I also tried a bite of my friends salad with the fried chicken pieces in it and it was great. I was surprised because I had tried vegan "chicken" before and it was nasty, so this was a pleasant surprise.
*Another friend let me try her Shepard's Pie and it was yummy :D
*And... their homemade double chocolate chip cookies are the FREAKIN BEST!!! :D

NOT my favs:

-mac 'n cheese (the "cheese" was so... orange, and... runny, and just.. no... maybe it's because I was just such a huge cheese fan pre-vegan and haven't found any vegan cheese that even somewhat compares to the real thing)
-biscuits and gravy (very dry, wheaty tasting biscuits and gravy was ... ok). I know that sometimes I still expect things to taste like they use to, but these 2 dishes were just SO different that it really threw me off.

Just okay:

+Pecan crusted eggplant (it was good, but didn't feel it warranted the price and didn't care for the wine sauce on top, and side of asparagus was really greasy/oily)
+What's the Dilly Philly (this one is an enigma--first time I had it I absolutely loved it, second time not so much.. not sure if it was my taste buds or a different chef).

Overall, I have noticed that there is much debate amongst what people like and don't like here (ex: some people worship the mac 'n cheese).

Bottom line: I definitely recommend Ethos as a nice dining experience to go with friends, family, on a date, whatever, and I think each person just needs to find their own favorite dishes, which is the case with any restaurant.

But! unless you are a martian who doesn't like chocolate, then get yourself a double chocolate cookie on the way out! :D

Pros: It's ALL vegan, baby !!!!!!!!, friendly staff, clean and nice atmosphere

Cons: can be hit or miss

ethos vegan kitchen--disappointing! - Edit

While on vacay, the hubby and I ordered food to go from Ethos--the All American Burger with a side of cole slaw, the biscuits and gravy, and the Mac n cheese w peas. Out of the three meals, non, seriously NON tasted good. Everything tasted as if a non vegan who only ate fast food and TV dinners was trying to make vegan food. The Mac'n'cheese--what was this? The Kraft company's attempt at a vegan version of their pasty pasta? The cole slaw--prepackaged shredded cabbage drowned in veganaise and nothing else. The burger-a poorly grilled and oily Gardein burger (what a shame to ruin a pretty good product) in between a Kaiser roll that had the rubbery texture of a frozen bun that's been nuked warm. Omg, the biscuits and gravy, horrible. Clumpy, oily mixture of flour, oil, and unbearably tasteless. Wait, I forgot, there was one tasty thing we ordered--two cups of water with ice to go.

I'm forced to give this place two stars because Happy Cow won't let me vote any vegan/vegetarian restaurant any lower.

Pros: open on Sunday

Cons: open on Sunday with horrible food

Oily, unhealthy vegan food that's hit or miss - Edit

It's possible to get a decent meal at Ethos; however, recent experience has been that nearly all dishes have way too much oil, fat, and sugar. If you are an "ethical" vegan, ok, but, if you care about your health, you might be advised to eat elsewhere. It's really a shame, because they could be really great if they tried harder!

Pros: 100% vegan

Cons: oily and unhealthy

gorgeous vegan restaurant - Edit

The restaurant is gorgeous. I love the painted concrete floors. The servers were very friendly and service was quick.
My daughter had the tofu tortellini with a creamy mushroom sauce and spinach. She rated it 4. She said it had a bit too much sauce. My son had the Hippy wrap with hummus, sprouts tomatoes and lettuce and rated it a 4.
My husband had the Coconut curry wrap and rated it a perfect 5. He loved the combination of the dressing with the raisins tofu and walnuts. He also loved the fresh coleslaw on the side.
I had the Chikun bruschetta sandwich with a side of mashed potatoes and gravy for $11. I rate it 4.5.
It is nice to find a 100% vegan restaurant and order whatever we want with no worries.

Updated from previous review on Monday December 22, 2014

Pros: atmosphere, friendly fast service

Vegan cooking goes mainstream - Edit

We've heard a lot about this North Orlando restaurant so decided to try it out during our next visit to the city.

Ethos is a model for what a mainstream vegan restaurant should be: Its large, modern, clean, has a real bar, bakery, and a menu that will please even the biggest meat eaters.

My wife and I arrived around noon on a Saturday and were lucky to find a table. Within ten minutes of our arrival there was a 20 minute waiting list -- for VEGAN food!! After reading the menu I understood why.

Most of the food items are similar to what you would find at a Cracker Barrel or family-style restaurant, but without the cruelty (no animal products, byproducts, etc).

That being said, understand that you are eating comfort food (however, there are a number of very healthy items on the menu as well) which is why your hardcore vegan will probably not like it.

I ordered the special of the day, a "chikin" gyro, which was absolutely amazing. My wife and I also split two sides: bruschetta and garlic knots, which came with a very good vegan cheeze. Both were loaded with oil, salt, and vegan butter, but very tasty.

We left with a dozen cookies which didn't last long, even sharing with our non-vegan friends.

Ethos could easily franchise and meat eaters wouldn't even know they are eating 100% plant-based foods, so this is a place you can take just about anyone for a very good meal in a great atmosphere.

My only complaint is they should reformulate many of their recipes to use less oil, salt, and butter.
Updated from previous review on Sunday October 19, 2014

Pros: Outstanding Atmosphere, Large, Diverse Menu, Delicious Food

Cons: Too much Oil & Salt

Yum! - Edit

We were in Orlando for two nights, and ate here both of them! They had a great looking menu, it was hard to pick what to eat. I got the mac and cheese and peas with seitan added and it was so delicious. My husband got the chicken pot pie both nights because it was so good. If we lived in town we would be here all the time. The service was great, the price was reasonable, no complaints at all!

Pros: food, menu, resonalbe prices

Non Vegans be advised - Edit

I have been plant based for a year and visited Ethos about 3 months ago alone. I am also oil free (brought my lipid panel to normal) so I asked for an oil free lunch suggestion. They recommended the hummus veggie wrap. It was awesome. Just today I brought my wife and daughter who are not vegan, and we asked what they recommended for first timers. Our waitress suggested a pesto pasta dish. Both did not like the lack of flavor. She was very nice and took back the dishes and did not charge for them. I was still a little upset that she did not make a effort to offer a different dish for them to eat with me that evening so after paying the bill, I did tip as if I paid for all three dinners, I went to the bakery side and grabbed some cookies and told the person at the counter what happened. He said the waitress made a poor choice and should have offered the Eggplant dish which had mashed potatoes and gravy with asparagus. He said her mistake is to offer a non vegan a cheesy substitution that they will immediately make comparison to, and not meet their expectations. He was right and I just thought all should know this if bringing a non-vegan for the first time.
Updated from previous review on Sunday October 05, 2014

Pros: clean, good variety, goos service

Cons: not all waitresses are consistent

Best vegan food in Orlando! - Edit

This is, hands down, my favorite vegan restaurant. Their food is always delicious! I would recommend ANYTHING from the menu. I just wish brunch was served anytime, not just on weekends. Their cowboy cookies are really good too, so don't miss the bakery counter.

Pros: Amazing food, Great menu, Good location

craving it since - Edit

I went here with my parents and friend, all of whom are not keen on vegan food, but they gave it a try. they were amazed by the sausage rolls, as was I. Everything is just exquisite. The atmosphere is so hip and cool, the workers and all. Definitely recommend the coconut curry wrap and the chocolate milkshake. so good, cant wait to return

Pros: serves alcohol

Great - Edit

An all vegan kitchen with a varied selection on their menu? Always a great thing as long as their kitchen is good at cooking the dishes. Well, Ethos delivers! From vegan sandwiches to pizzas, burgers, shepherds pies, and some comfort foods. They even do breakfast foods during brunch times. Great for vegans and meat eaters; there's something for everyone on the menu here. Enjoy

Great food and staff - Edit

I have had nearly everything on the menu there and mostly everything is delicious. My favorite (and you have to try) is the Coconut Curry wrap.
Whenever we have company in town, the first place we bring them to is Ethos, and they are always pleasantly surprised. I'm moving to Portland in 2 months, and even though Portland is definitely not lacking vegan restaurants, I'll miss Ethos and that Coconut wrap!
The staff is always great to us! I have two very noisy kids who seem to spill their drinks every single time we go to Ethos, and we are still always treated with respect and kindness.
Whenever I return to Orlando, Ethos will be on my top priority list of visiting again.

Exactly what we wanted! - Edit

My husband and I were visiting Orlando for a 5-day conference and went to Ethos 3 times! Comfort food in a family-friendly environment. We'll definitely go back next time we're in town.

Pros: Delicious Food, Location

Great place! - Edit

We recently visited Ethos. We had been to the old location many times, but this was our first visit to their Winter Park restaurant. Loved the restaurant so much more than the Orlando location. So many more choices on the menu. I could do without all the "fake" type foods, but there were still many other options. Between the four of us, we ordered a large array of different items and all of it was top notch except the "chicken" noodle soup which was a bowl of mushy noodles and terrible tasting broth. The mashed potatoes were outstanding and my son had to order a second helping! Everything else was great. Will definitely return again.

Pros: Great atmosphere , Decent prices, Great food

Cons: Too many "fake" food options

Food great, staff variable - Edit

This is the only place we have visited twice on this trip so far, first for a regular lunch, the second for Sunday brunch. Being from the UK, we were both amused by the old British Railways sign that greets you on entry.

On the first visit, the Omnivore, who is diabetic, asked for and was pleased to get, unsweetened iced tea. I was driving and had to pine at the interesting craft beer menu. I had a cup of black bean soup followed by the daily special, a Buffalo "chicken" wrap; the Omnivore had boxty ("Oh, it's Irish latkes!") and a calzone. All was good, and tasty, but I was still hungry and opted for dessert - the Ethos Sundae. Omnivore was asked, and explained they weren't having dessert because they couldn't. The dessert still came with two spoons. On this occasion, our server had also been back three or four times to ask if everything was okay, interrupting our conversation to do so.

The second visit we had a much. much better server. She knew, for example, that Irish and English Breakfast Teas are not the same thing. She only once did the annoying ritual "is everything okay?", and that was at a point when she was bringing more water anyway. She happily coped with the Omnivore's preferences regarding mustard and pickles (that they not be anywhere on their plate). She informed us which drinks had free refills and which did not.

This was brunch, so I had the breakfast burrito. The Omnivore had the All American Burger (minus mustard and pickles, of course). Our server didn't try to up-sell the Omnivore on the sides, which for once was a shame, because they hadn't noticed the upgrade options and would have quite liked one of them.

No attempt at dessert this time, the breakfast burrito was to see me through most of the day. I expect we'll be back again.

Pros: filling food, all vegan, desserts

Cons: erratic staff

This place is consistently disappointing. - Edit

I hate that I can't give them 1 star.
My husband and I have been to Ethos probably a hundred times, so we have had the opportunity to have nearly every item on the menu multiple times.
We have discovered a few things about the restaurant:
1. There are the most basic cooking errors made almost constantly. I do not believe I have ever returned a plate of food at any restaurant other than Ethos, yet nearly every time we go something is burnt to a crisp, completely raw, or otherwise inedible. Usually these errors are very inconsisent, though we have never had a calzone that was cooked on the inside (leaving the dough the texture of chewed gum) or broccoli that wasn't black it was burned so badly. Not only are these careless kitchen errors, but somehow these items get from the kitchen to our tables without anyone noticing or caring. The chefs also do not seem to understand that "fake" chicken is easy to overcook, because sometimes it comes to my table dry and rubbery (it's Gardein chicken, so I know what it should taste like)
2. Certain dishes are low on flavor or poorly prepared. Seitan is not hard to make and I travel around the country eating delicious house seitan at all kinds of restaurant (not all are even vegan places). Yet Ethos can't seem to produce seitan that isn't overly salty with a strange, bitter aftertaste. Their gravy tastes like oil and water mixed with ground pepper. Another item that really is not hard to make.
3. While it is nice to have a restaurant where I can easily order anything off the menu (since this is a rarity in Orlando, I'm assuming that this is why the place is still in business), I don't understand why there is no fried "chicken" or fries (even fancy, oven baked sweet potato fries would work if traditional ones are below Ethos) available at a place that claims to serve comfort food.
4. The brunches used to be the most fantastic part of Ethos, but lately the food quality has been lacking. The bread used for french toast has changed to a cheap sandwich bread (remember when you were a little kid and tried to make french toast from Wonder Bread? Yeah. That), and everything, while edible, just isn't quite as stunning as it used to be.
5. Service used to be downright terrible, but it has improved so much over the past 6 months or so. Which is wonderful, except as service improves the food seems to get worse.

Pros: It's all vegan

Cons: The food is bad, The food is poorly cooked, The menu is lacking

Very attractive option - Edit

This is a very nice place. The restaurant is spacious (and surprisingly mainstream compared to the slightly ratty feel of many all-veg places). The staff are very friendly. The menu is broad and the food is pretty good. I was surprised that it was also not particularly expensive. My only two disappointments are: (1) There weren't a whole lot of particularly innovative options, nor even a list of innovative specials. (2) The food seemed a bit short on flavor.

Pros: good food, friendly staff, nice place

Cons: not very innovative

Love IT!!!! - Edit

Trust me if you love to EAT. Ethos Vegan Kitchen in Winter Park, FL is something I dream about. This establishment has its' own building in a trendy area of Winter Park, FL. If you are anywhere near Orlando you HAVE, HAVE, HAVE to drive to Winter Park to this restaurant. It is a totally dedicated VEGAN restaurant and it's HUGE. Check out the menu online. This is the best. All of those comfort foods that you had as a carnivore growing up, they have them. Pecan crusted eggplant and Yo Mama's Lasagna, oh my! Had to keep going back to this place. Come to Pittsburgh please, Ethos. We need you!!!

Pros: OUTSTANDING menu choices, great atmsophere, Fresh food MOSTLY from SCRATCH

Love this place - Edit

Great vegan comfort food - you won't get skinny eating here though :)

The food is fantastic, we eat here at least a couple of times every trip to Florida.

My only real complaint is from a trip last year. We go there at 2:45 and asked at the door about brunch. We were told we were there in plenty of time to order from the brunch menu. We got seated and the server came and took our drink order. It took another 10 minutes or so to get back with our drinks (all waters). We started to order from the brunch menus (that we'd been given) and she looked at her watch and said they weren't serving brunch anymore. I told her that we had asked about it and she said that they shut down the brunch menu promptly at 3.

It was disappointing since we wanted to get brunch but with that one exception we've always had a great meal here.

Pros: Great food

Unreal Vegan Brunch - Edit

We were here for a Sunday brunch and, holy (happy) cow, the cinnamon rolls were alone worth the drive up from the attractions. It was so nice to have an entire menu to choose from, and just peeking at the dinner menu made us want to return. We will be sure to next time we're in town!

Pros: CINNAMON ROLLS, Full vegan menu, Brunch! Don't get that choice often!

Cons: Zip

Nice! - Edit

Great menu, plenty of choices with or without fake meat. Pizza was fantastic as was the shepherds pie. Loved that it was all vegan Got some cookies to go. If I lived in Orlando, we would prob eat there once or twice a week.
Updated from previous review on Friday March 28, 2014

Pros: Menu, all vegan

Cons: Semi disinterested staff, parking

great food great price - Edit

It's so nice, as a vegan, to be able to just order anything on the menu without having to ask about the ingredients. Everything I've tried is delicious. The root beer float (now off the menu but still available) is to die for. Although, sometimes I can't fit a dessert in because I'm too stuffed!

Pros: great price, all vegan!

Meh - Edit

As a vegan for 7 years now I was a bit disappointed. Essentially every chickun item was gardein, and the sausage was tofurky rolled in phillo dough. I make better vegan food in my kitchen with the same ingredients. My meat loving boyfriend loved it though, so if you're new to vegan cuisine and fake meat give it a shot.
Updated from previous review on Sunday November 24, 2013

Pros: cute location, friendly staff, great desserts

Cons: used store bought fake meat , pricey

All Vegan - Fantastic Menu - Friendly Staff - Edit

I have been visiting Ethos often over the course of a year now and it has quickly become my favorite restaurant in the Orlando area. The staff is always pleasant and attentive to any questions or requests. Service overall has been really great, we visit here as often as possible and find ourselves wanting to eat here more often than other vegetarian friendly restaurants because of the many options they have on their menu and the stress-free experience in ordering something vegan, I never have to worry about that at Ethos.

The salads are always fresh, its as if I had prepared one at home it is just that good. The sandwiches are unique and really tasty, and there are many different dinner entree options that are full of great flavor.

I highly recommend giving this place a visit, even if you are not a vegan, I guarantee you will be pleasantly surprised.

Pros: Great Food, Friendly Staff, 100% Vegan

Ethos Vegan Kitchen for the first time - Edit

I am an octo/lacto vegetarian and often find Vegetarian food out to either be salty or bland. I was reluctant to try this restaurant. i went with my husband who is a meat eater and often complains that what I eat leaves him hungry.
We ate the vegan meatball sub which was delicious. We loved the food and the service. The best thing about it was my husband left full and even said it was a good full. He will eat there again.
The food wasn't salty at all and it wasn't bland. The portions were of a good size too.

Pros: Really good service, really good food, flavor

Cons: parking lot a little hard to get in/out

Love this place - Edit

It isn't so easy to eat vegan in Orlando as it probably would be in some other cities (NYC for example), but this place is definitely on the top of the list of places you can go to feel good and order ANYTHING on the menu :D! A must for everyone to try is their bruschetta. I can't say enough amazing things about this item...it's just scrumptious. Things I've tried include the Chickun Marsala, Coconut Curry Wrap, and Orange Chickun(not sure if they still have this), but they were all really, really good. Overall I personally love this place. Very clean and spacious, and the servers are very nice!

Pros: Completely vegan, Friendly staff, Decent portions

Cons: Tad pricey

Awesome! - Edit

We were travelling in the Orlando area and were delighted to find Ethos Vegan Kitchen. Ethos was one of the best vegan restaurants we have ever visited. The place where we were staying was almost an hour away, but we made the drive there three times in one week. The restaurant itself was open, spacious, and really clean. The wait staff was very friendly and knowledgeable about the menu. If we lived in the area, we would definitely be regulars.

The food at Ethos was awesome. Between the two of us we sampled a total of six menu items on our visits. Our favorites were the Sheep’s Pie, which was a vegan version of a shepherd’s pie, and the “What’s the Dilly, Philly?” sandwich. Everything we tried was really good. It was hard to choose which items we liked the best.

We took my mom there one day, who is an omnivore, and she loved the “Yo Mama’s Lasagna.” Ethos is a great vegan place that can please meat eaters, too. I’m still thinking about the vegan taco special that I didn’t get….

Pros: great food, friendly wait staff

Nice Place to eat - Edit

I was first impressed by the building. This has to be one of the best looking vegan restaurants I've seen inside and out. I had take out and didn't call it in. The service was super fast and the order accurate. The cookies, tasty! Two of the items I ordered featured Gardein products. My husband said the burger was just okay. I liked my Chickun Bruschetta Sandwich. I ordered Sheep's Pie,Yo Mama's Lasagna, and a calzone for other members of my family. They liked all of the food choices I made for them. I only tasted the Calzone which I found tasty as well. We would return to this place and I'd like my family to dine in next time. 5% of my order total went to The National Downs Syndrome Association which made me very happy since I have a sister with Downs Syndrome.

Pros: Good all vegan food, Very nice for dinning in, Fast, Friendly service

Cons: Nothing was over the top good, wasn't verbally encouraged to come back, No kid's menu

Yummy! - Edit

I love this place - absolutely delicious! It's absolutely great when you're craving some comfort food like cheese pizza. They have all kinds of meat and cheese substitutes, but also serve tofu and seitan. A ton of their dishes can be made gluten free and soy free, and they are indicated on the menu, so it's super easy! The wait staff is also super friendly and helpful, too! Their garlic knots are to die for, and the cinnamon rolls on Sunday brunch are so popular they can only sell one to each customer so they don't run out. They also make great vegan ice cream sundaes, and they have other desert options as well. They have a mini-bakery area as well where you can purchase cookies and cakes. All my friends like Ethos, and I can bring all my non-vegan friends here without any complaining! My best friend even suggests it, and she's a meat-eater. :)

Pros: Take-Out, Big menu including deserts, 100% Vegan

Cons: No delivery - but maybe coming soon!

LOVED EVERY BITE - Edit

May 15, 2013. Ate at Ethos again today and had another delicious tofu wrap! I also had a piece of homemade vegan orange cake that was out of this world! My server, Marie, was exceptional - exactly what you would expect to find in a vegan restaurant; she's an asset to Ethos. Again, LOVE this place!

* * * * *

I am in the Orlando area for a couple days and went to Ethos again. This address is a new location; they moved into a bigger space and now have full restaurant table service. I liked the old place, but I like this one more. I like that you sit down and get served.

This is just the best place. My server was delightful - SO NICE. I started with a cup of fantastic potato broccoli soup, then ordered the curry/coconut tofu wrap. That is the same thing I had on my last visit and it just gets better and better. The tofu is out of this world and the wrap is just stuffed with all kinds of good stuff; everything in the wrap compliments the flavors of everything else. I also had a glass of sweetened tea that was very good.

I love this place but hate that it is not in my hometown. It is really a comfortable, clean atmosphere run by people who care about the establishment. I travel all over the country and this is probably one of the best places I have found in terms of everything - food, cleanliness, friendliness, and great pricing. I really enjoy coming here (gee, can ya tell?) When I'm in the area again, I will be back!!

* * * *

FIRST REVIEW - AT THE OTHER LOCATION:

I am so glad that I discovered this great place in downtown Orlando (I found it thanks to a search on Happy Cow). I am a fan now!

I had the Coconut Curry Wrap (grilled tofu coated in curried veganaise, tossed with celery, raisins, walnuts, coconut, and mixed greens, and wrapped in a spinach tortilla). WOW! It was so delicious and a heaping portion (I couldn't finish it all). Very generous amount of delicious tofu and packed with great tasting other stuff; very flavorful! The wrap came with 1 side (chips & salsa, cole slaw or pineapple). I chose the fresh pineapple and it was a perfect compliment to the wrap.

The place is really cute and clean. Very friendly staff. You order your food at the counter, then sit down and they bring it to you. Very very reasonable prices; my wrap was $8.00. Again, it was plenty of food.

This is my new favorite place when I am visiting Orlando!
Updated from previous review on Wednesday January 16, 2013

Pros: Generous portion, Clean, friendly place, Great tasting food

Cons: It's not in Miami

Ethos Vegan Kitchen - Edit

While visiting Orlando this past winter an old friend of mine suggested this place to my wife and I. My friend is not a vegan but he still raved about the place. We went to a sunday brunch and it was really good.I had vegan french toast ( tasted like Vegg ( the vegan "egg yolk" ) and soy milk coating. My wife had tofu scramblers which she said were well seasoned and among the best she has had. We both had vegan sausage and vegan bacon. I think both may have been home made. They were really tasty and did not resemble any of the commercial product I am familiar with.Ethos also has a full service bar complete with vegan and organic wines. Much of the food is from organic sources as well, your knowledgable server can tell you what is organic. I think what most impressed me was that this place reminded me of an upscale Dennys or diner. It has such a large menu of home style fare with amazingly tasty mock meat.The fact that we were sitting in a rather large vegan restaurant and the place was packed was most impressive. This will be a must go place for us whenever we visit the Orlando area.

Pros: great vegan food, great prices, knowledgable staff

salty - Edit

Ethos is a large place, easy to find a table friendly staff.
However the food was disappointing, RAW/ living food was very hard to come by at Ethos.
The food was way too salty and over processed.

I was hoping for some fresh food, but none to be found. :(
Melissa

Pros: lots of seating, friendly staff, easy wheel chair access

Cons: no raw /living food, only processed food, too much salt and soy

Meat Eaters Vegan Kitchen - Edit

The restaurant's menu contains a lot of Soy based meat substitute products and is not organic. We are always happy to find anything Vegan when we travel and enjoyed the atmosphere and large salads and organic wine that they offer, however there was no gluten free options for their pizzas and calzones. It was not clear how much of the food was organic. Because of the limited options in Orlando this is okay but there are others that are more healthy. We were surprised that our server did not know what GMO foods are!

Best vegan spot I've found in Orlando - Edit

Of all the Orlando vegan spots I have tried so far Ethos has been the best. Excellent customer service every time. Food prep time is average. Ethos is a sit down family spot with a nice selection of items on their menu. They even have brunch items which include french toast. Its been a while since I had their french toast some years ago, but I enjoyed it then. They have italian dishes which include pizza and calzones, sandwiches, wraps, salads, deserts and a kids menu. Each menu item is specified as gluten or soy free when relevant. Their sides are a bit non-traditional--No french fries here, but you will find sides like mashed potatoes, chips and salsa, and roasted asparagus and beans and rice. I'm personally not too crazy about the sides I have tried thus far such as the mashed potatoes-- but I did like the way the asparagus was prepared, lightly seasoned in salt and oil with a crunch. Everyone LOVED the coconut curry wrap. The bruschetta on their starter menu is awesome!!! Philly sandwich passes. Calzone is ok. Lasagna is mediocre. Unfortunately the Samson burger, which is a black bean burger, was the worst black bean burger I've ever had. Its texture and flavor was more fitting for a black bean burrito. By the way, if you need to so a little organic shopping, Whole Foods is about 5 minutes away. Great location. Perfect place to take a meat-eater.

Pros: excellent customer service, menu selection, family atmosphere

Cons: black bean burger

Tasty! - Edit

Ethos is probably the best known vegan restaurant in the Orlando area. I love it and go there frequently.

Be sure to check out their Sunday brunch specials. My favorite is the Breakfast Burrito. Delicious and filling. Yum!! That and some fresh squeezed OJ, and I'm happy for days. :-)

Another favorite of mine is their Samson Burger. Best black bean burger around. It's big too.

My only gripe, and it's small, is that they do tend to offer many items based on fake meats. I'd love to see their menu offer more dishes centered on unprocessed items, but that's really a minor gripe.

Pros: Tasty food, Good atmosphere, Great Sunday Brunch

Cons: Lots of fake meat items

Loved it - Edit

As a visitor from Wales I haven't ever eaten in a totally vegan place so I was blown away by this place. I visited in their new premises and the size was amazing. It was quite when we went in for lunch and we were seated quickly. The choices were amazing, not that I don't love healthy food but it was nice to see some traditional food on there instead of lots of quinoa and alfalfa! I ordered the crispy green beans, the lasagne and the sundae for dessert. Yeah I know thats loads but I had to take advantage! My partner ordered the 'pepperoni' pizza which was also really nice. The lasagne lacked vegetables (as I think someone else also mentioned) and was a little burnt on one edge but it didn't ruin it. Oh and we got cookies to take out. It was all really tasty nice food and the service was fast. The waitress was friendly and polite but lacked the enthusiasm that I would've liked and usually experience in american restaurants. But it didn't affect our experience so it wasn't that big a deal.

Pros: The cookies are AWESOME, Loads of choice, Great venue

Cons: Slightly dull waitress, Slightly burnt lasagne

Ethos- A delicious place to relax and eat! - Edit

Have been going to Ethos for several years now and have always enjoyed the experience. Until this summer I had only been there for Sunday Brunch which was wonderful! The biscuits and gravy, along with waffles, sausage, fruit, and orange juice really hit the spot! Recently they relocated to another location and things are alot better. There is a dedicated parking area, resturant has increased in size and there are more items on the menu. The new menu items I have tried so far have been great, the macaroni and cheese was GREAT! Even our son who was not a big fan at first has been won over. The service is great, friendly servers who now seat you at tables, give you a menu and plenty of time given to decide what you want. They take your order and it is not long at all before the food is there, temperature of food just right, and is appealing to the eyes! We love it there and will continue to return as often as we can even though they are 35 miles away!

Pros: Delicious Food, Large Parking Area, New Menu items

Cons: Black bean Burger-Too Thick, Music-Too Loud

Consistently good food - Edit

My husband normally gets the What's the Dilly Philly and I get the lasagna. The cookies are always good as well. We like the brunch pancakes but find the serving size to be a little on the small side.

Pros: Taste, Price

Cons: Small pancake serving size

Perfect - Edit

We stumble out of disney world, searching for something that is open and delicious at night. We arrive an half an hour before closing time. We are at Ethos Kitchen. Ethos has home cooking to an art. Their foods are comfort foods, and yet are not oily and greasy like we have come to know comfort foods as.
I have tried the shepherds pie and the Italian Sub, and a bunch of cookies. Oh, they bake their own cookies. Win.
The third time we went, we discovered they had outdoor seating, waah?! Now we can eat with our animals.
Although, one of the well meaning staff grabbed the box I was keeping my rat Brando in (he likes vegan food too!) and made to throw it away!
I almost had a heart attack, he gave the box a little flip before trying to proceed in the back door, aaahhh!
But don't worry, Brando was fine, just a little confused, I gave him some nachoes and cheez (oh, we also had nachos).
I'm not sure if I communicated why I was freaking out with my screams of dismay and panicked motions why I was so upset about the box being grabbed.
Anyhoot, I also took some cookies with me to give to my aunt as a birthday present, she was thrilled, and asked if they were vegan. YEP, heheh sneakily converting carnists with vegan food.
I'm not done, let me tell you about the inside.
You can tell a professional decorated the interior, it has wonderful complementing warm colors, dotted with works of framed art. It has a warm but modern look it.
A lot of thought and heart went into the interior design, that is not something you see everyday.

Pros: Beautiful Interior, Wonderful food, good prices

Cons: box grabby waiters

nice place, decent food - Edit

Cool oudoor covered courtyard and inside reminds me of a coffee shop - the kind of place a vegan hippie feels comfortable when travelling alone. Good food - had a pizza - not the best and not whole wheat crust but decent anyway. And they have Oberon - hooray!

Pros: ambiance, tasty beer

Cons: small selection, have to pay before you eat

Love the sheeps pie - Edit

The Sheep's pie was amazing I really enjoyed it. The outdoor seating is nice. It's a cool place to go. The coconut cookies are amazing. The only negative is the staff is not very friendly, I felt like I was not welcome.

Pros: Tasty food, Lots of options , Great tea

Cons: Unfriendly staff, Limited parking

Amazing Vegan - The Place to Go - Edit

I travel a lot and eat at a lot of vegan restaurants and can say that Ethos is one of the best. I don't know how they get food to taste that good! It is simply amazing. If the Sheep's Pie is on the menu just order it, don't even think. It is beyond good. Great outdoor seating, cool funky neighborhood. Good prices. This is the place to eat in Orlando.

Pros: Tasty Food, Good Prices , Sheeps Pie!

Awesome Vegan Joint! - Edit

I heard about Ethos Vegan Kitchen from Robert Cheeke. It was listed as his book "Vegan Bodybuilding and Fitness" as his favorite place to eat in the kitchen and this is coming someone who is on the road constantly. I love that it is all vegan and the outdoor setting. I went there for the Sunday vegan brunch and was great food, but would loved to see a all you can eat buffet w/ some more options. Bring one of these to CO!

Pros: Tasty Vegan food, Outdoor Location`, Everything is Vegan

Cons: More options for the Sunday Brunch

where is the love? - Edit

had hard tacos, burger, mash & gravy, coleslaw. No seating inside available, limited menu. Food was bland, institutional tasting, if school cafeteria food had been vegan it would have been better than going to Ethos. mash and coleslaw were terrible. Tea in decanter was hot--boo. Service for lunch was slow. Didn't feel like it was happy vegan food. I wouldn't recommend this place, especially since there are better veg places so close.

Pros: all vegan, daily specials

Cons: bland food, limited seating

Delicious - Edit

I love their pizzas!!!!! I have also managed to get there for brunch which was excellent - the Canadian bacon is so good! Shepherd's pie isn't bad but it's missing the "meat" and the Philly is too greasy and the seitan too thick for my taste, though it seems like a lot of people really like it. Definitely nice to go somewhere and be able to eat anything on the menu!

Pros: Food is overall great

Words Cannot Describe Just Try - Edit

Philly Cheese, Shepherds Pie, Cookies...! I am a food lover and a Trained Chef and when it comes to food, I don't like wasting money on foolishness. I had tried the other places in Orlando and though they are good Ethos is my all time favorite. They have a website to match. Take my word for it, if you are a meat eater or a vegan/vegetarian, I believe you will LOVE this place!

Pros: Great Value, Friendly Staff, Nice Environment

Cons: Can't think of one Con! :)

Great Experience - Edit

My partner and I had the Healthy Trio, Edamame and Samson Burger. The Healthy Trio was black and green olive tapenade, housemade hummus, and tomato-mango salsa served with toasted bread, tortilla chips and raw veggies. Outstanding. The edamame was lightly salted and served with a deliciously flavored soy dipping sauce. The Samson Burger is a grilled black bean burger. It was so thick it seemed like it was two black bean burgers - one on each half - so I had to thin it out a little to take a bite. This was not a problem for the husband.

The atmosphere is relaxed. Nice staff. Clean. Wood tables inside with artwork on the walls.

Place your order at the service counter, they give you a number placard and deliver your order to the table of choice. Both indoor and shaded outdoor seating. Street parking available.

My only regret was that I wouldn't be able to return again...this trip anyway. I would like to try the Coconut Curry Wrap, Sheep's Pie and Pecan Encrusted Eggplant. Oh, and the Sunday Brunch. This place is a 5 Cow casual vegan delight.

Great Food, Great Vibe - Edit

I am so lucky to have Ethos Vegan Kitchen in my town. I have tried almost everything on the menu including Sunday Brunch and have never been disappointed. Three of my favorites are the Samson Burger, What's the Dilly Philly and the Coconut Curry Wrap. But the dinner specials are always excellent, I just can't say enough great things about Ethos. You can sit inside at a table on lounge the sofa (that's what I do) or comfy chair or eat outside in the covered breezeway looking at the park. Vegan or not try it you will love it.

Pros: Excellent Food, Great Vibe, Not Pretentious

Best Sunday Brunch! - Edit

Chose this spot for Mothers Day brunch while traveling to Orldando this weekend, so happy we did! Recently converted the entire family to vegetarianism a few months ago, so it was so nice to be able to tell the family "you can get ANYTHING you want off the menu as its all 100% approved by mom!" I just wish there were more 100% Vegan restaurants!

My French toast was so good (I suggest you add the strawberries!) My 9 yr old son really enjoyed his biscuits and gravy (which he had assumed he'd have to give up being vegetarian) and the yummy homefries. My husband got the breakfast burrito and was still talking about it later that night, he is now converted to tofu scramble! Thanks Ethos :)

It was very busy (which means its good stuff) and loud inside, but hey it was Mothers Day (what do you expect). I wish we could have sat outside, very cute area! I suggest you arrive before noon for brunch. When we left around 12:45 the line was almost the back of the restaurant to order.

Bonus for the establishement: I carry a little travel size bottle of Dr Bronners soap with me in my purse. I was shocked when I went into the bathroom and they actually had Dr Bronners in the soap dispenser on the wall! I have never seen it in a public restroom before...you're awesome Ethos!

Pros: Great quality, Friendly staff

Great asset to Orlando - Edit

My wife and I are both vegan, and we ate at Ethos many times over our last Orlando vacation for several dinners and one brunch. The atmosphere was relaxing, the food was really delicious, especially after a long day in the parks, and they even had some tasty vegan cookies that we brought back to the hotel. I really liked their specials and the variety was great. Our brunch was also fantastic. I had the apple flap jacks and they were done to perfection. I'm definitely looking forward to dining at Ethos again on our next Orlando vacation.

Pros: Delicious, Cookies!, Great variety

Cons: A bit of a drive from Disney

Fantastic vegetarian fare in Orlando! - Edit

I was so glad to find this gem in Orlando.

The chickpea 'chicken' salad sandwich is fantastic! The cookies are so delicious as well.
I will always stop here on my way through Orlando from now on.

Pros: excellent food, friendly staff, ambiance

Excellent Sunday brunch - Edit

This entirely vegan restaurant serves satisfying, unpretentious food in a pleasant, hip environment. With a new menu special every day, the menu is ever-changing. Sunday brunch is a real treat. During my visit, tasty chocolate chip pancakes with a side of vegan sausage and a mimosa started off the day on the perfect note. Definitely worth multiple visits whether you're a local or visiting the Orlando area.

Disappointed - Edit

First let me say that I'm always grateful to find a vegan restaurant while I'm traveling. Ethos has an attractive storefront and outdoor patio. My husband and I lunched there on March 18, 2011, indoors. The food was good to very good. I had the pecan encrusted eggplant. While it was a quite unusual taste, which in my book is a plus, it was a bit too bland, and the accompanying wine sauce did not go very well with it. The mashed potatoes and its gravy though, and the sauteed green beans were
fantastic. I had also a chocolate macadamia cookie and a coffee that were both delicious. My husband started with a potatoe leek soup, very good taste but not warm enough. Then he had a chickun marsala. He found it to be delicious; his only critique was that there could have been more vegetables accompanying this dish. Our disappointment came with the staff. We did not feel welcome. At first we were not too sure how to order, and eventhough it was quite obvious as there were about 4 people in the whole restaurant, no staff (they were two) offered us any help nor any explanations. It was cold and unfriendly, really contrasting with most of our experience in Florida. It left a really bad taste and we will not go back there any time soon.

Pros: good locatioon, outdoor patio, good food

Cons: unfriendly

Yum -- I wish we lived in Orlando! - Edit

My family was in the Orlando area for vacation, and we spent one memorable evening enjoying a delicious meal at Ethos. The area is charming; when we first left the highway, it looked a bit dodgy, but quickly morphed into a delightful area with interesting shops and a lovely walking path.

Ethos has an inviting outdoor patio area, which is where we enjoyed our meal. We shared the Healthy Trio to start; the salsa was delicious with just a touch of heat, the hummus was tasty, and the tapenade was, alas!, better than my own homemade version. The dips were served with veggies, tortilla chips, and crusty bread, all of which were fresh and excellent.

My husband ordered (and devoured) the Sheep's Pie; our 3- and 6-year-old sons scarfed down a pizza (our oldest declared it to be the best pizza ever); and I enjoyed every bite of the pecan encrusted eggplant. Oh, my, it was GOOD.

The boys enjoyed cookies for dessert, but I was too full for anything but a glass of wine (try the organic red). My only complaint would be that the beer and wine selections are quite limited, but, happily, the selections they offer are quite good.

Most of the clientele appeared to be couples and groups of friends; we were the only table with kids, but the other diners didn't seem to mind. Happily, the tasty food kept the boys largely occupied so they were a bit more tame than usual!

Had we been in the area longer, we definitely would have returned for another meal -- the brunch sounds amazing. My whole family gave it two big thumbs up!

Pros: Delicious food, Reasonable prices, Beautiful outdoor dining area

Cons: Limited beer/wine selections

The best part of my trip to orlando!! - Edit

I went to orlando to visit the harry potter place in islands of adventure. Simply terrible experience; way overrated. Afterwards we went to Ethos.... I would have saved the money spent on the amusement parks and would have gotten something for the road from ethos! Simply terrific atmosphere, service and food. Everything is vegan, so i didnt have to worry about what to order. Even the cookies were terrific. Great food, great time! Whenever im in the orlando area i will definitely return!

Pros: food, prices, service

delish! - Edit

Visited Orlando for the weekend. Was told that I must go here so I did. Had Chikun Marsala and Samson Burger. Two chocolate cookies. So good. Cool spot. Nice friendly staff. Food was so good. Warmed my heart.

Pros: Delicious food, Artsy, Friendly Staff

Cons: Far from my house in Miami ... :-)

Good - Edit

This is the most commonly known Vegan restaurant in town. It's great the first couple of times but after that seems to loose it's appeal. The prices are moderate. The staff aren't always friendly.
Don't eat inside if you have anywhere important to go the smell will stay on you.
In terms of a restaurant is alright. In terms of it being vegan it's great..but just because it's vegan, it shouldn't be given handicaps.

Pros: Beer, Vegan food, art

Cons: Unfriendly staff, Menu dull pretty quick, Inside smell lingers

Best Vegan - Edit

Truly everything on the menu is wonderful. I wish their menu was bigger so we could have more fantastic options.
Great special food nights which highlight different cuisines(Mexican, Irish etc.)
Very friendly, fast service and community involved.
Oh, I almost forgot to mention their super brunch on Sundays.
A must visit for anyone!!!!

Pros: excellent food, healthy cuisine, good value, friendly staff

Yum. - Edit

Great food, great atmosphere, friendly staff. I go there for brunch every Sunday morning. Even their sausage and bacon are good (I normally shy away from the fake meat stuff in restaurants, but this stuff tastes delicious).

You need to try their cinnamon rolls. Soft, sweet, and yummy.

Pros: Food, Atmosphere, Friendly staff

Cons: A little pricey

Love this place - Edit

Thank heaves for places like Ethos! I can easily get my kids to eat Vegan meals! One of my absolute favorite restaurants in Orlando. We even got to watch the sunset over Lake Ivanhoe on Thursday night. A nice bonus to a dinner I was just thrilled to eat. I love the Lasagna, Eggplant, etc. and my kids love the pizza and calzones. I am so glad they have them for my two little lactose intolerant kiddos! I can feed them without the stress. My husband even enjoyed "chicken" marsala the other night on his first trip to Ethos. I hope to see even more options and specials to try. Thank you Ethos for your wonderful contribution to our community!!!

Pros: Great food, Heathly cuisine, VEGAN!!!

Cons: Love to see more selection

Great Place - Edit

I have been to a good amount of vegan restaurants, and this is by far some of the best vegan food. My favorite is "A Fungus is Among Us." Amazing and totally comforting. While I was in there I even met a couple that go there regularly for the pizza, and they aren't even veggies!

Fantastic food - Edit

I travel to Orlando for business every few months and my first stop when I get off the plant is Ethos Vegan Kitchen. I ate there 3 out of 4 nights on my recent trip as I just really enjoy their food and the atmosphere is also very relaxing. Their food is fantastic, reasonably priced and the staff is very friendly. Wed is taco day/night, highly reccommend it. For an extra few cents you get sour cream and guacamole on the side. I also highly reccommend their cookies, they are not cheap at $1.50 each but they taste wonderful and are vegan.

Pros: Consistent excellent food, nice staff, comfortable atmosphere

Cons: Parking on street

I LOVE THIS PLACE! - Edit

On a recent road trip further north I made a special stop in Orlando so I could eat at Ethos. All vegan, friendly staff, cozy ambience, great food . . . I wish I lived closer, I'd be eating there all the time!

Pros: ALL VEGAN!, Cozy, friendly

Where's the protein? - Edit

Bizarre vegan restaurant. The food is meatless, but there is little in terms of meat replacement. You kind of feel like you were invited over to your well-meaning aunt's house and she made her special dish for you and just left out the meat. But she was too clueless about how vegans actually survive day-to-day--by eating protein--so she didn't think to include any. I ordered the lasagna--no protein. My husband had sheep's pie--no protein. Our son order pasta with red sauce and they made that for him special, but with no protein. So we ordered a side of seitan, so he got protein. My daughter had pizza and added vegan pepperoni to it, so at least she got that for protein. We did not realize when we ordered our dishes that they would be protein-free. What's the point of having a vegan restaurant if your patrons are going to be just as starved for protein as if they went to some meat restaurant that has no vegan protein! Honestly, it seemed like the menu was designed by a 13-year-old girl who just became a vegan and knew nothing about nutrition. Sorry to go on, I was just floored by this incredible oversight.
Food was ok in terms of taste.

Pros: nice setting

Cons: hard to find protein

5 Responses

SummerSun When I became a vegetarian years ago, it was partially because I preferred the taste of vegetables over the taste of meat. When I became vegan, I was concerned about getting enough nutrients and a balanced diet. Apon a little research, I found out that all vegetables have protien in them, allthough not as much as meat. Eating at Ethos, I have found many protien rich dishes. They have a black bean burger, a seitan sandwich, a tofu wrap, a hummus wrap, a meatball sub, and I have even seen a cuban sandwich every once in a while. All of these are high in protien. Not all vegans are looking to eat fake meat every day, and Ethos does a good job of giving us a variety of meals to choose from that keeps my whole family satisfied.

jaynamac Actually, nearly all foods have some amount of protein -- yes, even vegetables and fruit. Ever heard of Kwashiorkor or Marasmus? Those are the diseases of protein deficiency, and the reason they aren't part of the common lexicon is because we all consume vast quantities of protein! Unless you're starving or have an eating disorder, you're almost certainly getting enough protein in your diet. I'd really recommend reading C. Colin Campbell's "The China Study" for some solid, scientific insight into how much protein we need, and how excessive protein intake is hugely detrimental to our health.

Very Good - Edit

What a great find! A friend and I went to Garden Cafe but it was a Monday and it was closed, so we decided to try Ethos. What a great find! It was delicious! I have taken many people here since the original trip and it has been good each and every time. I like the outside seating, too! Can't wait to try the Sunday brunch -

Pros: excellent food, friendly staff, outside seating

Overrated and Overpriced! - Edit

When I heard about a new vegan restaurant opening up in Orlando I was very excited. I have been vegan for four years and have always had to cook or go to Garden Cafe for a good meal. After going to restaurants around the States such as Red Bamboo in NYC, Watercourse in Denver, Chicago Diner in Chicago and various other reputable restaurants, I found Ethos to be tolerable if you are starving and aren't low on money.
The first time I went there, the portions were enough to keep a normal person full for a half hour, maybe. I thought I'd try it again on July 4th because Ethos advertises that they have new specials every week (which I have yet to see). This was the BIGGEST joke for $10 I've ever seen. It was a Tofurkey sausage (from Whole Foods or Publix)on a bun and a piece of watermelon. Are you serious?
When the place first opened they had the nicest front end employees...always polite and never judgmental. Recently, they hired some elitist, judgmental hipsters who have been less than friendly. In fact, when I said I wasn't ready to order yet this new girl at the counter rolled her eyes at me. If you call that customer service, I'm surprised people are still spending money there. If you don't dress like a crust punk or if you have showered in the last week, don't expect to be treated as an equal by some of the people on this staff. I emphasize some because there are still a few very kind people there.
I like the idea of Ethos and I support the vegan hot dog guy who started it, but I just wish they would set the bar a little higher. Just because there aren't a lot of choices in Orlando doesn't mean you should overcharge or skimp on portion. I'll spend my money at Garden Cafe.

Pros: Location, Vegan, Nice space

Cons: Price, Quanity , Staff

Super vegetarian comfort! - Edit

I love Ethos as it was one of my first vegetarian experiences in Orlando after I became a vegetarian. This is pure vegan food and you will love it.

This place is an excellent value too. The food is delicious with huge portions. We all took something home with us after lunch.

If I lived in Orlando I would probably eat here at least three times a week (yes it is that good). I have never had the Sunday Brunch but a friend did and said it was the best vegan brunch ever.

Pros: great place, yummy food, nice people

Cons: limited drink menu

i love ethos - Edit

I drove past ethos on my way to rock n roll heaven (a rad indie record store in the area) and had to turn around to check it out. Ethos has a great vibe to it. The interior decorations were all travel themed, everything from the posters to the magazines. The prices are set right and the food is excellent. I would definitely go back and hang out and eat some excellent vegan food. The food is amazing!

Pros: great vibe, moderate prices with specials, excellent food

Cons: bad parking

Contributions +26

Wow! - Edit

This place is a gem! Great service, amazing food selections, even baked vegan cookies for the road. This was a wonderful spot set up like a regular and "typical" family restaurant, yet... it serves healthy food! I was very very happy with my pesto pasta, with the service, with the kindness of the staff, and with the expediency with which the food was served. The place felt welcoming and warm with posting of current local events and happenings. I urge you to visit this place with your non-vegan friends and they too will be surprised and feel comfortable at a restaurant set up like any other "pizzeria" almost, which non-vegans will probably be more inclined to visit than other vegan restaurants with chanting in the background and Buddha statues (which may scare others away)..

Pros: Food, Service, Ambiance

Good - Edit

Ethos is good, but especially the brunch on Sunday's. The brunch is better than the regular food during the other other days of the week.

It's great that they do allot for the community and non profits.

Pros: Decent food, good service, good atmosphere

Cons: small glasses

Awesome! - Edit

I live in Miami and was visiting friends in Orlando and we made a special trip to Ethos. I missed going out to breakfast terribly. I planned on going to Ethos for dinner also but only made it for brunch. It was AMAZING. I loved the whole experience - the decor, the coffee was amazing, service was fast, and the food was great. My non vegan boyfriend who is not very excited by food said it was really good too! I had the tofu scramble with home fries and two pancakes with strawberries! (making up for lost times) I also got the biscuits and gravy to go and ate it later in the day. I had never had biscuits and gravy my whole life, they were amazing. I was not very impressed with the cookies but the food was delicious. I will definitely be going for dinner next time I am there (hopefully soon).

Pros: excellent food, great coffee, fast service

Cons: clean & cute

don't miss! - Edit

ethos was a great, great find!

all the cookies were brilliant, and my what's the philly, dilly was great! very sad about missing the sunday brunch though.

definitely going back when in FL again!

Pros: the best we had in orlando

Great - Edit

I went here yesterday for the first time and had the portabella mushroom burger. It was awesome! I also had a snicker doodle cookie. Also awesome! I'll definitely go back. :D

Pros: great food, nice atmosphere, beautiful artwork

Cons: smokey smell

SUPERB! - again and again! - Edit

A year ago I've been to ETHOS for the first time and wrote a review (which I had to delete to write this one - that's why you find my first review subsequently). This April I've been there again (I'm coming from Germany, so I'm not that often in FL), curios wether it's still that good. - It is! This time we managed to be there two times, so we had the opportunity to eat the excellent food we had last time (What's the Dilly, Philly? and Pumpkin Seed & Pesto Penne Pasta - the philly is a vegan's dream coming true, the pasta is delicious) and try some other, too. This time we had the Samson Burger and a Spinach Salad. The Samson Burger is massive and very tasty! I never had a black bean burger before, and I was surprised how good it is. My recommendation! The salad was excellent, too, very fresh, I enjoyed the interaction of the fruit, nuts and spinach. Afterwards, we had some lemon cake - awesome!
We again enjoyed the friendly atmosphere a lot, they even recognized us from our visit a year ago! Good to have a place that far away from home where you immediately feel comfortable and welcome!

*******
My first Review from 3/27/08
Review: Me and a colleague came over from Germany to Orlando for business reasons. We found Ethos via HappyCow - and it was fantastic! We had What's the Dilly, Philly? with a Peanut Pasta Salad and Pumpkin Seed & Pesto Penne Pasta. It was really delicious and I wish I could have tried the other stuff, too! Afterwards, we had some Apple Galette (try it warm, it's awesome!) and Chocolate Cake for dessert. Yummy!
The food at Ethos is really SUPERB and we loved it (me as well as my colleague, who isn't a vegetarian herself)!
Perhaps even better than the food (if possible...) is the super friendly staff at Ethos', who gave us excellent commendations on what to choose. They are really, really nice and cool guys, running a very (!) friendly and wellcoming restaurant!
I hope I'll have the chance to come by for another time! Sadly, it's a long way from Germany to Orlando, FL...
So, no question: it's 5 cows from me and my colleague!

Pros: friendly staff * delicious food * welcoming place
Cons: * *

Pros: great staff, great food, great place

Brunch is the best, especially the pancakes!! - Edit

As I am from England I'm always looking for new vegan places to eat, myself and my family ended up eating here 3 times, twice in the evening and once to the brunch which was the best I have ever had, we had the pancakes, cinnamon rolls, sausage patties, home fries all were excellent taste and quality, I wish we had a place like this in England!!
The staff are always friendly and enthusiastic!

Pros: Staff, Food, Brunch

My sanctuary from the cruel world...... - Edit

This is my favorite place. Sometimes I just hang out and read on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon. Their pancakes and biscuits are the BEST!! and great Mac N Cheez. Lets not forget Pizza & Beer, Pierogi night, mashed potatoes w/gravy and the monthly VBBQ!! Great bands and veggie barbecue. AND Irish Stew on St. Pattys Day!! What are you waiting for? Get on over there! Have a piece of Apple Spice Rum Cake!

Pros: friendly, informative staff, lakeview

Cons: I don't live close enough

Thrilled with this restaurant - Edit

I have eaten here on many occasions. Black bean burger is really good, but the pecan crusted eggplant is the best. Hoping to duplicate this at home. I thought there was wine in the sauce, too, but was told it's balsamic vinegar. Not sure. Only the hummus appetized was a bit small for a meal, although tasty enough.

Pros: Vegan, good location

Comfort Vegan Food - Edit

I went here twice this week, as I like to go to different vegan restaurants around the world. Not an easy place to find, as there were missing street signs (I guess all the signs are used at Disneyworld instead). Nice employees who work there, especially Jeff, who would give me good advice about what to order. I could tell he really enjoys his job. I had the appetizer of steamed edamame, but got tired of opening them up. I would dip them in the accompanying soy sauce, but they would sometimes sink to the bottom of the container, and there was no way to dig them back up.
I had the pecan-encrusted eggplant as my entree. Great contrast of creamy mashed potatoes with brown gravy and the crunchy coating.There was some kind of alcohol used in the topping which I didn't like (I don't drink). The accompanying vegetables were heavy on the green pepper and oil. I had 2 cookies to go for later, but I was very disappointed with the taste. A bad oily, aftertaste from it. The second day I had the "dilly Philly" sandwich, as I live in Philadelphia. I found the pan-fried seitan very tasty, but the sandwich itself was very dry, and I ended up just picking out the insides. The accompanying cole slaw was the best thing that day. I had to move to the outside tables, as there was a strong and permeating grease stench coming from the nearby kitchen. Not appetizing, although those 2 window tables close to the kitchen were charming. I ate outside in the covered porch, but was surprised how many hairdressers from the beauty salon next door would walk through the porch area for their hourly smokes. Ick. Good prices on the food, but the credit card slips need to include a place to leave a tip.

Pros: friendly staff, comfort food, reasonable prices

Cons: greasy kitchen odor, hard to find, some things had an off taste

Worry free dining - Edit

Good food, good prices and enjoyable for all ages!

Pros: Vegan, Pretty view, Nice menu

Cons: pasta was a little bland for my taste

Delicious, 100% vegan ~ Brilliant! - Edit

How exciting and refreshing to be able to order anything off the menu without having to ask questions or give special instructions or worry if any of the food got tainted by a run-in with a non-vegetarian item! Everything I've tried has been scrumptious, and the establishment is also socially conscious, e.g., donating some of the profits to different organizations and hosting special events such as "frecycles." The staff is very friendly, and they're open every day of the week. Try the Sunday brunch (yum -- vegan pancakes!), pecan-encrusted eggplant, and the vegan pizza. I feel so lucky to live in a city with such a wonderful 100% vegan option.

Pros: Vegan pizza, Yummy Sunday brunch, Warm, friendly staff

The review of reviews - Edit

Alright,
Ethos is the type of place when you walk into after your first visit you cannot forget.I've moved around and been to many vegan restaurants,Ethos is a chill place,and what is great is that once you have gone through eating the menu a couple times , they have specials that change that add that spice!I think the location is prime,the staff is AWESOME, and the food is tasty,they even have crazy people like me coming in..who would figure? They have Vegan breakfast on Sundays with patio entertainment ,which even with a hangover is worth checking out!!They feature a few selections of the Orlando brewing companies brew,and many other beverages,just about anything you Order is good so there are no complaints about the food. so conclusion is Get over to Ethos!!!

Pros: vegan, friendly, yummy

Well worth it!!!! - Edit

I travel for work, so needless to say-I LOVE this site! Staying in a hotel about 1/2 mile from this restaurant, I walked to eat a late lunch there. Lesson learned the hard way...they do NOT accept AMEX cards. However, I returned to order the 'what they dilly, philly' with chips and salsa. Superb!!!! The staff is uber friendly (and understanding-lol-I had to walk back to the hotel to get my visa). I chose to sit outside and loved watching the lake while I ate scrumptious food. I will probably even go back for dinner tonight! This restaurant is well worth it!

Pros: great food, nice location, reasonable prices

Cons: don't accept AMEX

AMAZING! - Edit

I've never been disappointed with Ethos. I live about 45 minutes away, but I go there once or twice a month. They have music and freecycles and tons of fun events every month. The breakfast brunch on Sundays is to die for too. The Philly is one of my favorites, and the outside patio is so nice to sit on and eat, as they are right on Lake Ivanhoe. I would and have recommended this place to anyone, veg or not!

Pros: Friendly staff, DELICIOUS FOOD, Big portions