Emma's Cantina Mexicana

• Veg-friendly
Contact +34-928514154

Calle Teide 20, Puerto Del Carmen (at Old Town), Lanzarote, Canary Islands, Spain, 35510

Serves meat, vegan options available. Offers several vegetarian choices, a few of which can be made vegan. Open Thur-Tue.

Category: Lacto, Ovo, Beer/Wine, Mexican, Non-veg

First Review by EileenRichardson

Very good food - Edit

I love this place! When I lived on Lanzarote for 5 months this was one of my favourite places to eat. They got new menus some months ago and they are easier to read than the old ones, so it is easy to see how spicy the dish is. They make their own salsa and chips, which is so tasty.
Whenever I go to Lanzarote I always have to eat here.

Pros: vegetarian menu, excellent food, good value

Cons: straws in the drinks, some unexperienced staff

Okay for vegans - Edit

I was really excited to come here but was sadly disappointed. I asked about vegan options and was told that the guacamole was vegan so ordered some along with my meal and whilst waiting for the food I read that the guacamole contained cream so called the waitress over to point it out and tell her not to serve it. This left me feeling a little angry and very uneasy about eating the meal as I was then wondering if they were serving me things that they thought were vegan when indeed they weren't. I am so lucky that I didn't eat the guacamole! I would be much happier if the people preparing my meal were more aware of what vegans do and don't eat. I ordered the potato and refried beans starter without the cheese which was delicious! But my main meal of enchiladas was in my view a child sized portion and I left feeling hungry and miffed! With there being a vegetarian and vegan restaurant just down the road from here (Blooming Cactus)then I would say just go there instead!

Side note: there were leather table cloths which made me feel yucky. Not sure if they were real or not though.. didn't really want to ask

Cons: Staff unsure of what vegans can eat, small portions, Guacamole NOT vegan

Tastiest in town - Edit

An oasis of flavour in a town of bland resort food. The menu has a whole separate vegetarian section - OK it consisted of veggie versions of all the Mexican staples, but it felt considerate, and fitted with the whole ambience of the place which was quietly welcoming and comfortable.

Pros: Veggie version of all dishes, Full of flavour, Pleasant service

Cons: Wine by the airline-sized bottle

Return to Lanzarote Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Emma's Cantina Mexicana closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 852 times since Mar 2013.