First Review by lariscu81

Wonderful place! - Edit

There are very few completely vegetarian options in the Youngstown area, but even if there were, this place would still be the best. It is a treasure! Very tasty food, different themes each day, and a very responsible approach to environmentalism and reducing cruelty in consumption. Plus, the spring rolls are unbelievable! We have liked everything we have had here, from burgers and sandwiches, to the sides and the baked goods. It is disappointing through to get there and find that they have already run out of a certain item, or to find that something you had there before is not offered that day. The menu rotates, and is set each day with just a few items. Everything is ready made to pick up and either eat in or carry out. It is all fresh and tasty! Would definitely recommend it to both vegetarians and omnivores alike.

Pros: Fresh ingredients, Great Taste!, Nice bake goods

Cons: Running out of items, Closes at 4 each day, Not open at all on weekends

So happy to find this! - Edit

Came up from Durham, NC to visit my family. Not a full on vegetarian since I still eat fish, eggs, and dairy but I have come to appreciate tofu and some of the fake meat options for vegetarians/vegans. My mom found out about this place from someone at work. Apparently, the spring rolls are developing quite a following.

Wasn't sure what to expect since I grew up near Youngstown Ohio and haven't heard of a vegan restaurant in the area ever since I left in 1995.

This place was great! Very, very small. Could call it cozy especially if you want to stay there to eat. Everyone was very friendly and more than happy to spend some time chatting with us about their menu.

We had the spring rolls which were awesome. I think anyone reading a few reviews here would already know that, but they did live up to their reputation.

Also had a surprisingly delicious "steak" sandwich! I think they used fresh bread from the place next door. It was so good, I bought a second one to go to take on our road trip back to NC. Didn't eat it until a couple of days later but it held up well and was a lot better than stopping to get another disappointing veggie sub from some fast food place! On word of caution, the menu rotates, so they don't have the "steak" sandwich every day.

The other things we had were the roasted golden beet salad that was great, and a soup with cannellini beans and spinach that was a nice complement to the "steak" sandwich, and we also got a cookie to go that was scrumptious!

And all of it was VEGAN! SO AWESOME! I wish we had a place as good as this in Durham. We have a few but I haven't had anything as good as this since I cut back on the meat in my diet. I hope they do well and I hope they're there the next time we come to visit!

Pros: Tasty, Friendly, Cozy

100% vegan and mostly organic - Edit

I've had the pleasure of eating food from Ely's many occasions and it never has never disappointed. The owner/chef really knows how to combine the 5 flavors that we humans enjoy and her food combinations are on occasion very unique but always delicious. I would definitely recommend Ely's to anyone (vegan or not) because this type of fresh, wholesome food and distinctive flavor combinations will satisfy any palate.

Pros: mostly organic, delightful gustation, eco aware (recycling / composting)

Cons: slightly restrictive hours, portion size to price ratio, excess overt fats (oil) w/ carbohydrates

Great Food, Friendly Workers - Edit

Every time that I go to Ely's, I am not disappointed. Everything is fresh and delicious. Highly recommend Ely's to everyone I know that is looking for a new experience in Vegan dining.

phenomenal - Edit

Ely's is absolutely phenomenal. They have a different selection of food each day, but it's an absolute guarantee that every single item there is delicious. It's super healthy, all organic. A unique and memorable experience.

Pros: great atmosphere, friendly atmosphere, good price for the type of food

so impressed! - Edit

in a 12 hour driving day this summer, the wonderful man that we can only assume to be the owner of ely's to go, went completely above and beyond, opening his doors to our empty stomachs (we had arrived later than we'd hoped) and utterly saved the day. after having disappointing experiences of grab bag-style large-chain restaurant vegan foraging in unfamiliar destinations in other legs of trips, ely's confirmed that they are indeed fully vegan and a hero to weary travelers with delicious gourmet soups, tasty bread, chocolate cherry cookies, and even an offering of fresh-cut fruit. as big soup-drinkers, we noticed right away the high quality of ely's soups, and believe it was the contents of these foods that got us home as efficiently and safely as we did. ely's and the people behind it personify the vegan ideals of delicious, healthful, and compassionate eating and living. as one of the outstanding highlights (for a reminder that capitalism is not all that drives the businesses in this country, but that there are caring, wonderful people behind them that are neighborly and humanitarian without agendas) and our pick for tastiest vegan food of our trip, we cannot thank you enough.

Pros: wonderful staff, delicious food, clean space

Ely's to go better be here to stay - Edit

Ely's has some of the most phenomenal vegan food i've ever had. Its mostly just sandwiches and soups, its all pre-prepared. perfect for those on the go (obviously, ahha) meaning its the best place to go on a 30 minute break. the food is mostly organic and all vegan. They manage to use unordinary ingredients and everything still seems to be delicous. also, they give a generous student discount. I have literally zero qualms about Ely's. if you're anywhere near the area and you haven't tried it, shame on you. :P

Pros: affordable, organic, delicious

EXCELLENT - Edit

I tried "Ely's to go" today. What a delightful experience from the people to the food! The sandwich of the day with asparagus and pear was delicious along the the carrot slaw. Great value for such a satisfying meal.

Lovely people, lovely food! - Edit

You can tell that the people who work here love what they do, love people, and love to make healthy food. Warning: you will be greeted with a friendly hello and a smile at this place! The menu choices are fantastic (the quinoa is my favorite...yum!!). The house salad looks almost too beautiful to eat, and combines a colorful palate of fresh fruits and veggies over greens. You will not be disappointed with any choice you make, and will soon find yourself coming back for more. I wish they had a gluten-free or spelt bread in addition to their varieties of homemade bread--my only constructive criticism :) I hope that the residents of the Youngstown area are friendly to this business!

Pros: friendly people, delicious food , lots of tasty bread

great vegan menu - Edit

Ely's to go has an amazing menu that changes daily. Everything is unique, delicious and completely satisfying. Even my meat-eating husband loves the food, especially the pho on Tuesdays. Price is reasonable considering everything is organic. And I highly recommend the muffins.

Pretty Good - Edit

This is a cute shop with really good vegan food. Most food has an Asian flair and is made by a fabulous veg chef. The only problem is that it's a little on the pricey side, especially for take out. I had the Soba Noodle Salad and it was wonderful. Try it!

Pros: great food by a great chef

Cons: pricey, walk up/carry out

Return to Boardman Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Ely's To Go closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 7469 times since Apr 2008.