Dymocks Melbourne Cafe

Contact 03-96399274

Lower Ground, 234 Collins Street, Melbourne, Victoria, 3000

Serves meat, vegan options available. Situated within Dymocks Collins Street bookshop. Varied menu range, food is labeled. Has vegan patties, vegan Funky Pies, vegan cupcakes, salads. Decor is open-plan with formica tables and wooden chairs, some padded seating. Small upstairs landing/alcove with couch away from main seating area.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Western, Take-out, Australian, Non-veg

First Review by Tiggy

love those pies! - Edit

Dymocks used to stock mister niceguy cakes but don't anymore however I've found they still have some vegan friendly slices/treats. I often come here for lunch with my family when we are shopping in the city. I always order the funky chunky pie with salad and a sweet. The pies are usually nice and the salad fresh and filling. The staff are very nice and helpful. I've had the iced coffee with soy but found the coffee is a little weak. I've always managed to find a seat but it can get busy during the week at lunch times. Check first, but I've found the soups are vegan too.

Great pies and bit of quiet time - Edit

This is my go-to place in the City if I feel like a pie, or if I feel like sitting down with a good book. I BYO book, but this cafe is in a bookshop, downstairs. It's usually quite busy, but I've always found a seat.

The staff are friendly, and helpful. They do prefer cash.

There are of course pies, a number of which to chose from. I always have mine (usually a thai chicken) with salad. There are also other vegan options, and sweets. I spotted a caramel slice there the other day!

Coffee is good. Prices are average for the CBD.

Pros: Plenty of choice

Cons: Sometimes crowded

Cupcakes - Edit

I went on a Thursday just after the fresh cupcakes were delivered so got my pick of 5 different vegan cupcakes. I had peanut butter which was delicious.

There were a few savoury vegan choices that looked good too, like pies.

Pros: Location, Friendly

Cons: No Wireless

Great place for lunch in the CBD - Edit

My partner told me about this place a while ago and now it's become a go-to place if we're in the CBD during the day. I'll pretty much always order a Funky Pie (the best vegan pies on the market) and salad, although they have other vegan options. It's not a great looking place, but it's right in the middle of a bookshop. I'll keep coming back.

Pros: Clearly identified vegan options, Staff understand vegan, Funky Pies

Cons: Unimpressive seating and surroundings, Coffee is not fair trade

Return to Melbourne Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Dymocks Melbourne Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1771 times since Aug 2013.