Dok Bua Thai Kitchen

617-232-2955

411 Harvard St, Brookline, Massachusetts, USA, 02446

Serves meat, vegan options available. Menu has an extensive vegetarian section that are marked with a V, of which the vegan choices are not marked, so please ask wait staff. Has a mini mart in front. Open Mon-Sun 11:00am-10:00pm.

Category: Ovo, Thai, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by chobesoy

recommend by friend - Edit

Ate here recently while visiting friend in Brookline. They were happy to provide vegetarian options to lunch special. Tofu eggplant with basil was good.

local favorite, reliable authentic thai - Edit

A popular place for the locals, homey and cozy, and the food is delicious. Stores around it have changed through the years, but I'm glad to notice this one has stuck around. My only wish is that it didn't have the lingering shrimp paste smell, which vividly reminds me of the time my family tried making this stuff (don't try this at home) but if you can get over that, it's all good, and just adds to the homeyness of the place.

I've dropped by countless times over the years when hanging out with friends for lunch or even getting a nice dinner with family. All the traditional favorites are on this menu, but bonus is that there is a veggie version for them as well, clearly indicated in the new 3-page veggie section of the menu, and all of them identified with a number following a V. To make items vegan, ask first, as many of the items will still contain egg.
I've gotten the fried rice dishes (esp pineapple), the curries (love the mango), and the noodle dishes from pad thai to pad see yew. Appetizers of course include veggie spring rolls and tofu with peanut sauce.
The flavors are rich and deep and the only reason I didn't post pics is because I started eating before I remembered I needed to! Lots of pics on their website though, as well as a smaller menu that doesn't seem to include all the veggie items in the shop. Before you go, grab a fun drink to take with you or have a few bites of the sticky rice and mango.

Pros: rich flavors, delicious, very reasonable price and sizes, authentic, where the locals go

Cons: can get crowded

Return to Brookline Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Dok Bua Thai Kitchen closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.