Dimassi's Mediterranean Buffet

Contact 512-996-8900

12636 Research Blvd, Austin, Texas, USA, 78759

Serves meat, vegan options available. Multiple outlets in Texas. Has an all-you-can-eat buffet with various veggie items like hummus, baba ganoush, grilled veggies, falafel. Open floor plan with plenty of seating. Call for hours - tell us.

Category: Buffet, Mediterranean, Salad bar, Take-out, Middle Eastern, Greek, Non-veg

First Review by ChrisAustin

Lots of good vegan food - Edit

Dimassi's buffet has the expected repertoire of Mediterranean dishes, including felafel, hummus, tabbouleh, baba ganoush, and dolmades. It has a good selection of green salads, soups and stews, fried and grilled vegetables, and nods to local cuisine such as pinto bean and okra dishes. There's fresh whole and toasted pita bread and a little fruit. The core dishes stay the same, with varied salads and side dishes. Of the 44 dishes available at my visit yesterday, 21 were vegan, three are vegan if you push aside the light sprinkling of feta cheese on top, two are possibly vegan, and 18 contain meat. Dimassi's has more than enough for a satisfying vegan meal. And it has a special treat, a sweetened rosewater drink.

Food was good, though not spectacular, with two exceptions: the lentil soup was thin, pureed, contained no whole lentils, and was oddly seasoned; and the baklava was bland and completely limp with no filo crispness.

The restaurant is clean and fixtures are in good repair, though the decor is minimal and rather dark for my taste. I'd give Dimassi's three and a half stars if I could, but it rounds down to three rather than four.

Pros: Large selection of vegan items, Good food.

Cons: Decor a little rundown

Contributions +33

Love this place! - Edit

I don't go out to eat often, but when I do Dimassis has never disappointed me. The overall rating wouldn't allow 5 cows due to the restaurant having nonveg options. I say 5 cows!

Pros: Vegan options, delicious food, friendly staff

Return to Austin Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Dimassi's Mediterranean Buffet closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1468 times since Feb 2012.