CLOSED: D.I.G. Bistro

321-254-5001

7700 N Wickham Rd, Melbourne, Florida, USA, 32940

Serves meat, vegan options available. Offers several vegetarian and a few vegan choices on the lunch menu (not breakfast): salad bowls, beet burger, veggie burger, hummus and dips. Vegans ask to omit cheese. Beverages include fruit smoothies, made to order juices as well as wheatgrass shots, beer and organic wines. Confirmed closed, Jan 2018.

Categories: Lacto, Ovo, American, Organic, Non-veg

First Review by KellieBowling

Bad Breakfast - Edit

The food was awful! My wife tofu a scramble, which consisted of unflavored, pan cooked vegetables and cubes of tofu (NOT scrambled as described and expected) and unflavored potato segments roasted without oil to the point of being dry, hard, and inedible. We had to asked for granulated garlic, salt, and pepper just to make the flavorless vegetables somewhat edible. I had the oatmeal, which was dry and chewy. I just ate the fruit off the top of the oatmeal and left the rest. The entrees are over-priced and inedible in my experience. When we walked in, half the tables were empty, but we were told there would be a 30 min. wait. The food might have been good here once, but no more.

Pros: Clean, Bright, Seating comfort OK

Cons: Flavorless, Overcooked, High cost

Great for breakfast or lunch - Edit

I prefer to have "brunch" here, so that I can order off the lunch menu. As a vegan, it's difficult to find a place that has options on the menu that I don't have to modify. Not here. I can order a few things and know that they're going to taste delicious, and that my order will be right every time. I enjoy the Buckwheat Bowl, along with the Veggie Burger. The DIG Dips are great for the avocado salsa and the hummus. Breakfast for me here is difficult because I don't much care for oatmeal, and that is one of the few options for a hearty breakfast if you're vegan. My husband does enjoy their banana walnut pancakes and orders them every single time, along with their handmade veggie sausage patties, which he says are delicious. My son really enjoys their chocolate chip pancakes. I would like to see more vegan breakfast options, perhaps a tofu scramble, or vegan pancakes and vegan french toast.

Pros: Cool vibe, Locally sourced ingredients, Vegan and Vegetarian options

Cons: Limited vegan breakfast options, There can be a long wait at busy times

Return to Melbourne Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: D.I.G. Bistro closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.