Der Wunderwagen - Food Stand

Contact +49-1773476600

Rathausplatz, Xanten, Germany, 46509

Vegan food stand selling fast food, soup, cake, muffins and cookies, cold and hot drinks. Specialty is syrostasche a vegan gyro-like dish. Since Jan 2015. Open Mon 1:00pm-6:00pm, Sat 10:00am-4:00pm.

Category: Vegan, Western, Fast food, Take-out only

First Review by Makai Tamas

Friendly and Delicious! - Edit

Amazing food, fair prices and wonderful people!
Der Wunderwagen is a food truck normally based in Xanten but we found it at a local festival in the village of Geldern. (Check facebook updates for their location!)
The two who run the whole show are so nice, friendly and authentic. I ordered a "syrostasche", a Greek style gyros and it was amazing. The "meat" was unlike anything I'd tried before with wonderful sauce and salad too. It was affordable and very filling! I also asked for a chocolate brownie but they didn't have any.
After a few hours in the festival (where the lady working there saw me passing and came to inform me that they now had the brownies I sought earlier) we again returned to der Wunderwagen for more, it was that good! I got a delicious vegan hot dog and they gave each of us a free brownie with our orders.
Amazing food, amazing people!

Pros: Incredibly friendly, Delicious, filling food, Decent prices

'Simply outstanding' - Edit

My girlfriend and I like to visit vegan eateries. Unfortunately there are not too many in our area so we were really happy that we found Der Wunderwagen.
Its a typical market place food vendor with delicious vegan treats. We had the soy-gyros and chickpea falafel. They were both fantastic. After a nice walk in the old town we went back for take away: Lentil soup and Chili no Carne. We had these later for dinner and were very happy with them.
The owners are a very friendly young couple. We recommend this place to all vegans, vegetarians and veg-curious people. :)

Pros: Delicious, Generous portions, Good value for money

Cons: Only open twice per week

Return to Xanten Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Der Wunderwagen - Food Stand closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.