CLOSED: Cyber Dogs

206-405-3647

909 Pike St (at Convention Place, downtown), Seattle, Washington, USA, 98101

Tiny vegetarian cafe serves mostly veggiedogs at around $6-7 each in addition to a few breakfast foods, coffee, and drinks. Internet stations available. Sit inside or outside. JUL 2015 REPORTED SHUT, WEBSITE NOT WORKING.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Take-out

First Review by Miso Vegan

Excellent food! - Edit

I was attending a conference at the nearby convention center, and this place was between that and my hotel. I ate here just about every night (including a night taking it to go) and I wasn't bored. Really imaginative creations, and all-vegetarian!

Pros: creative options, funky vibe, cool art on the walls

Cons: closed, a bit limited seating, on a hill

oh boy! - Edit

The tuna melts ( I got vegan version) was amazing. Also the hot dogs.
Great stuff and the decor is great.
The bloke was run off his feet so it took a while but well worth the wait. A+

Pros: cheap, friendly, tasty

I can't think of a title but EAT HERE IT ROCKS - Edit

As someone who has eaten many a veggie dog, I can without a doubt say that some of the best were consumed here. The menu is all vegetarian and extremely easy to veganize, and the prices are extremely reasonable. If I remember correctly, the last time I went in, I ordered a dog, chips, and a soda, all for under $10.

The decor is super fun; while the place itself is small, the walls are covered in old movie and music posters, and there are a couple of old arcade games to sit by while you eat. PCs and internet available (first twenty minutes free).

While I have enjoyed every experience I have had at Cyber Dogs, I have to say that the most fun I ever had was going in late one night and catching the owner (whose name sadly escapes me). What a fun, hilarious, sweet woman! She should be proud of her establishment.

Pros: yummy veggie dogs (easily veganized), awesome decor, customer service!!!

Cons: parking is difficult

Best Tuna Melt in THE WORLD! - Edit

I used to live in Seattle and every time I go back I treat myself to their vegan tuna Melt which is absolutely out of this world. You have to ask them to make it vegan if that is your preference and it WILL blow you away. The place is charming, with all kinds of rock and hollywood memorabilia and the TV is always playing some classic film on VHS. I know some people might find it overwhelming as there are posters and trinkets strewn all around the place's counters, tables and walls. It is also an internet cafe so if you're the one person with no internet phone then you can surf the interwebz and such. In short: this place is great, give them your moneys.

Pros: Excellent Food, Good Portions, Nice Vibe

Nice junk food for vegs - Edit

I call it junk food because it is what it is! The dogs quality is very good though. I have tried 3 or 4 different dogs and I wasn't disappointed.
They also have a good variety of beers available.
There are some PCs for the customers to use - first 20 min for free. The decor is just over the top - probably that should reflect the owners' personality, who I sadly had not the chance to meet.
If you are staying in the Pike/Pine section and want fast food, that is definitely your option.

Pros: good food and value, open until late night, central location

Cons: some dogs are too salty

Awesome!! - Edit

Best food! Very vegan friendly, everything is vegetarian!

Pros: great coffee house vibe!, great food

Cons: NONE!

Not gourmet, but good for a quick vegan bite or late night snack - Edit

An interesting little cafe that is open until midnight and loaded with vegan options. I enjoyed it for a late night snack I would visit again, but I would prefer Veggie Grill or a couple of other places over this place.

Pros: open late, vegan friendly, interesting decor

Great Food, Fun Atmosphere! - Edit

I brought a small group of veg and non-veg people and everyone was happy! I had the faux tuna salad and it was so good that when I went back two days later all I could think about was the crunch of the cashews and celery, so I got it again!

Pros: good food

Cons: Very small space, a little pricey

Funky decor mostly compensates for mediocre dogs - Edit

My husband, son, and I ate here while on vacation. I'm glad we visited, happy that the location was within walking distance of the Pike Place Market, and very happy about the super-low prices (the three of us all had a dog, chips, and soda and the entire meal was under $20) but when vacationing I prefer to eat food that's prepared from scratch rather than eating packaged foods that I could have prepared myself at home, and easily at that. I admit that I chose Cyber Dogs as a lunch spot specifically because veggie dogs are "comfort food" to our vegetarian family, but I wasn't prepared to be served a corn dog (called the Puppy on the menu) that was almost certainly made by MorningStar Farms. My husband ate the Weiner Dog Schnitzel and he said the dog tasted like one of the brands I buy. Some of the items on the menu look like they would be terrific, so maybe we just had the bad luck of ordering items that weren't the "trademark" dishes, but all I can do is describe our experience.

I feel sort of bad as I write this review. While sitting at our table at Cyber Dogs I read a poster on the wall, written by the owner, about her difficult path in being a business owner and her hard work in keeping Cyber Dogs going. She sounds like a terrific person who I would really like. If I were a local I might even eat there from time to time, to show my support. The decor spectacularly fits our family's fun-loving, Python-loving, movie-loving, and Einstein-loving style, so we would probably come back just to "read the walls." But we would definitely not order the same items again.

Pros: price, funky decor

Cons: packaged food

Um. Emh... - Edit

the best thing about cyber dogs, is that it has all vegan options.

Pros: pac-man arcade game, all vegan options

Cons: awkward location, awkward seating

Unique - Edit

Very unique atmosphere! The owner is super friendly and the food is great. Definitely worth a visit!

Pros: Unique atmosphere, Friendly owner, Great comfort food

Cons: Small building

Great host, not so great food - Edit

I loved Tatiana and the way she came to help us.
We ordered
1) Laika --> This was gone bad because if you put watery, mushy eggplant preparation on bread and keep in oven for 10 minutes, bread will become soggy...pretty close to inedible
2) Red Hot Bayou --> This had topping better in terms of flavor but same problem of soggy bread.

I went there because I am vegan and I want to support businesses that cater to us. But unfortunately it did not work for us. I can not recommend this place. If you know Tatiana please pass along soggy bread issue. She was really great I wanted to give her feedback in person but there were four new customers so I did not want to scare them...

Pros: warm and welcoming host, wide variety of flavors , Tatiana will adjust to your preferences

Cons: soggy bread, hole in wall kind of place

Perfect little post-evening out spot - Edit

Sometimes, you just want food without either the formality of vegan-only or having to worry at 1a about even finding some place you can go with a mixed crowd. This is the spot and well done on both service, taste, and options. This is right near one of my favorite night spots in the neighborhood and I'm so glad that this exists. Bravo, Seattle.

Great - Edit

Such unique food and atmosphere! Some of their dogs are better than others and I wish they had vegan dessert and snacks, but I do love Cyber-Dogs.

Cyber Dogs - Edit

I was excited to finally try Cyberdogs but felt that the food really fell short. The space is cramped, but the unique decor was neat and had a lot of character. I asked the employee what he recommended and I went with the recommendation, the Mama Tatiana (vegan). It came with artichokes, tomatoes, garlic, etc. - most of these ingredients were blended together to make a sauce. I was unimpressed overall and thought that the flavors left much to be desired. Another thing to note is that my bf's beer was beyond its expiration date, we didn't say anything but thought it was strange for them to sell beer beyond the expiration date. Overall, cute place but boring hot dogs, we likely won't return.

tatiana is delightful - Edit

i used to work graveyard shift downtown and would come in for a dog or chicken noodle soup on my way to work every night. the owner, tatiana, is so sweet and now that i have moved away, i always make it a point to stop by when i am in seattle to say hello and grab a dog. if you're really hungry, get the BANDITO! vegan chilli, cheese and avocado dog. they also have vegan cookies, dog-themed beers, a full espresso bar and computers if you don't have your own. they have movie nights. i love supporting small businesses, especially really special ones like cyber dogs.

Pros: tatiana!, cheap, convenient

Cons: no salads?

Cyber dogs, Seattle - Edit

When you walk in there are some signs displayed that demonstrate variations in the pricing policy. If you are any of Tony Curtis, David Bowie, or the Dalai Lama, you are entitled to a free hotdog. If you are Bill Gates you have to pay triple.

Everything on the menu either is or can be made vegan veggie. A very helpful girl served me (she also speaks arabic if that is any use to and depending who else is working when you visit, other languages can be spoken also). I went for her recommendation and wasn't disappointed. I can't remember how much exactly it came to but it was around $8 and tasted great.

Only thing I would point out on the downside is that for a 100% vego eatery, why are they selling bottles of Guinness from the fridge?

Lots of interesting decor add to the fun vibe of this place.

Update - I've been here a 2nd time and had the Greek - 1st class.

Pros: vegan vego friendly, open long hours, Good value and tasty

GREAT food, Tatiana is amazing!! - Edit

I ate their twice while I was working in the area. The hot dogs were a bit on the pricey side, but you get a LOT of food. I had a wonderful conversation with Tatiana (the owner) about how she opened the place. We talked about books and she recommended which hot dog to try. I told her that I love garlic and she recommended the Mama Tatiana, jewish dog that comes with vitamins! I thought it was very cute. The hot dog was very garlic-y but very delicious. After I left, I kept thinking about eating there so I went the next day. I ordered the Greek Dog, comes with hummus, cucumbers, onions. A complete plateful. She is open until midnight, even on the weekends. I was so pleased eating there that I would happily go back. I told her that I was vegan and was completely happy knowing she would make it vegan. I think this place would be better, if it had more space. She is always playing a movie.

Pros: GREAT food, A lot of food, Variety

Cons: Small space, A bit pricey

Return to Seattle Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Cyber Dogs closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.