Coyote Kitchen

Contact 828-265-4041

200 Southgate Dr, Boone, North Carolina, USA, 28607

Serves meat, vegan options available. Offers tempeh and tofu as substitute for meat in some dishes. Gluten free options. Open Mon-Thu 11:00am-9:00pm, Sun 11:00am-9:00pm, Fri-Sat 11:00am-9:30pm.

Category: American, Beer/Wine, Delivery, Take-out, Caribbean, Southwest, Non-veg

First Review by veglogic

Messy presentation and flavors - Edit

I second a previous reviewer's concerns about cross-contamination of animal products into vegan food. The servers we encountered were nice enough and understood vegan diets, but there was also cheese stuck to the outside of our burritos. Also, every time I've eaten there I've gotten sick. This makes me wonder what slipped into the food I attempted to order animal product-free. They slather a spicy veganaise on anything your order vegan--making a lot of their food taste the same. Over all the presentation was messy, and so were their flavors.

I was impressed with their gluten free options--they even have different ciders and gluten free beers. For a place to advertise itself as being extremely vegan friendly, they need to clean up their actual cooking and make sure what goes out to a vegan customer is actually vegan.

If you're vegan and in Boone, I'd say go here in a pinch but check out the Hob Nob cafe for safer and tastier options.

Pros: gluten free beer

Cons: animal product contamination

needs attention to detail - Edit

service slow, servers exude that "i'm so hip and i'm bored by you and this place" vibe, menu states they focus on vegan diet(as well as gluten free- 98% of items have dairy or meat on them but you can "edit" to make them vegan. my biggest fault with this place is that the food isn't clean- my vegan burrito had 3 hunks of chicken mixed in, my friends tempeh burrito had cheese shreds sticking to the outside of the tortilla.this ahs happened several times and to multiple vegans i know. i can't trust that my grilled veggies in a dish didn't cook next to or in animal fat. this coupled with the snotty attitudes of staff and general dirtiness makes this place a "NO" for me.

Pros: prices, variety

Cons: cross contamination, poor attitudes, cost

Great place - Edit

I saw this place on happycow and had to check it out. It had great service. Not a huge selection of vegetarian food but you will be able to find something you like easily. Great beer list, decent prices, and it is a perfect place to go to sit outside and have a few beers and eat some healthy food. I will be going back.

Good Place - Edit

Sometimes the place is busy, it's small so you may have to wait. The food is good and there are lots of vegetarian and vegan options. The staff understands the difference between vegetarian and vegan, a nice plus.

Pros: Yummy, Staff/service

Coyote Kitchen - Edit

Fantastic food, when it's well cooked. Consistency is a problem. But, wow, when it's right, it's heavenly. The soups are unusual and scrumptious. I've taken many people to eat at Coyote Kitchen and every one -- vegan, vegetarian, meat-eater -- found it wonderful and goes back often. Any item can be altered to be vegan/vegetarian. I find it best to eat at lunch as the supper cooks aren't as on top of getting it right.

Pros: varied menu, killer soups, large portions

Cons: inconsistency, can be slow

Great Veg Options - Edit

While the restaurant isn't fully vegetarian, they still offer plenty to choose from. I believe that all meat dishes can be made with either tofu or tempeh subbed for the meat. Most if not all vegetarian options come with dairy but the staff actually understands veganism and will help you customize your order to make it vegan. They also offer a PB and Chocolate Vegan Cake for dessert. The only negative I have is that service can be slow even when they aren't busy.

Pros: Great Food, Knowledgeable/Friendly Staff, Large Portions

Cons: Poor Service Occasionally

Return to Boone Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Coyote Kitchen closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2093 times since Jun 2009.