Mint Indian Cuisine

828-386-1441

203 Boone Heights Dr, Boone, North Carolina, USA, 28607

Serves meat, vegan options available. Offers a vegan dinner buffet on the first Thursday of each month, with dishes like aloo bhindi, tofu chili, channa masala, vegetable biryani, yellow curry, veggie fritters, basmati rice, puri, sooji halwa, and sweet coconut soup. Closed Monday.

Categories: Lacto, Indian, Buffet, Non-veg

First Review by AntwanFoster

Good, but pricy - Edit

I love the fact that they do a vegan buffet once a month, but for the price I won't go often. The food was good & service was great, but $30 for 2 of us (no drinks) is a bit much.

Pros: All vegan on the buffet the first Thursday each mo

Cons: Expensive

AntwanFoster 18 Apr 2018 - The water should be free.

Excellent food - Edit

I LOVE eating at Mint. It is a little pricey, but worth every dollar. They have a wide selection of vegan and vegetarian options that are made with as much care and skill as the meat dishes. When my family comes up to visit, we almost always go to Mint- everybody loves it! The service is excellent and fast, the food is delicious, and the atmosphere is super cool. I highly recommend this restaurant. I have not tried the vegan buffet myself, but I have heard it is awesome (and the only one I have heard of in Boone!).

Pros: family-owned, good and fast service, wide selection of vegan options

Delicious Vegan buffet. - Edit

The food was impeccable and made deliciously with flavorful and aromatic spices, herbs, and seasonings. I love every dish that they have for the Vegan buffet! I have been there three times and I will be back again. BY THE WAY, THEY ARE OPEN ON MONDAYS. And the Vegan dinner buffet is at the first Thursday of every month hosted by the High Country Vegans group (you can find them on meetup.com). And the price for the buffet is 15 dollars per person, which is not too bad since Vegan buffets are rare. :)

Updated from previous review on 2017-08-01

Pros: Delicious food, Beautiful atmosphere , Amazing service

Cons: Nothing, Nothing, Nothing

Deserves 5 stars! - Edit

I have eaten in Indian restaurants in several places in Europe, the US, and India, and this is one of my favorites.

There's a good variety of vegetarian dishes and they also offer vegan options. The food is really good but skip the mango lassi (I found it flavorless). If you do dairy, try a paneer dish: since it's expensive, most Indian restaurants serve you a ton of gravy and a few pieces of paneer. Here, your paneer cravings will be satisfied with a good amount of big cubes.

Go for the buffet if you can (and arrive hungry and not too early, or it will be packed!): great value for the price, in my opinion.

The place is also well decorated, clean, and they even have good toilet paper in the bathrooms (I know,...You may not need this information, but I always find cheap, thin toilet paper everywhere I go, so this was a surprise!)

Pros: Paneer dishes with a great amount of paneer, Nice atmosphere, Good buffet, everything yummy!

Cons: The mango lassi isn't good

Return to Boone Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Mint Indian Cuisine closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.