Clover Food Lab - Harvard Science Center

( 1 review )
n/a

1 Oxford St, Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA, 02138

Food truck company turned brick n mortar outlets. Serves vegetarian fast food with burgers, sandwiches, vegetable platters, fries, daily soup, hot and cold beverages. Open Mon-Thu 11:00am-8:00pm, Fri 11:00am-5:00pm.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Fast food, Take-out

1 Review

First Review by hallsherry2

Not Vegan Friendly - Edit

I was very disappointed with my experience at Clover. I have been hearing for months how good the food is and I liked the idea of a mostly plant-based restaurant gaining so much traction. I attempted to order breakfast from Clover. I asked the server why they didn't have any vegan breakfast sandwiches. He replied that they thought that breakfast items needed to have eggs in them. I noticed that one of the sandwiches was mostly vegan except that it had cheese on it and was served on a popover (made with lots of eggs). I asked if I could have that sandwich without the cheese on one of the other breakfast sandwich breads that was vegan. I was told "we're not allowed to do that." I communicated with the restaurant via their facebook page hoping to hear that this was just an employee who had gone rogue. I was informed that this was in fact company policy. Apparently, training the workers to make the sandwiches is so difficult that they are not allowed to make such accommodations for fear that even slight deviations will compromise the quality of the food for all of the people that are willing to order the items without asking for changes. I was shocked that a restaurant that professes to be committed to mostly plant-based cuisine would a. not offer a vegan sandwich, b. not make a simple accommodation so that a sandwich could be made vegan, and c. thinks that it is a reasonable policy for the restaurant to tell vegans that they are basically not welcome. This vegan will not be returning until they make an effort to make reasonable accommodations.

Cons: No vegan options, Unwillingness to make minor vegan accommodation, Rude service

Return to Cambridge Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Clover Food Lab - Harvard Science Center closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.