Cinnaholic

• Bakery Bakery
  • Vegan
510-647-8684

2132 Oxford St, Berkeley, California, USA, 94704

Vegan cinnamon roll bakeshop located across from the UC Berkeley campus and near Downtown Berkeley BART. Offers many flavors and serves organic coffee. Its flagship location. Open Tue-Fri 10:00am-7:00pm, Sat-Sun 10:00am-8:00pm.

First Review by Tigra220

Enjoyed the splurge - Edit

Yummy, a little pricey. Lots of options for mix and match icing and toppings.

Great find! - Edit

We had seen a clip of this place before we went to SF and we're determined to go here. I'm so glad we did. They had seats outside and we had a cinnamon rolls for breakfast and I had a coffee which although I'd asked for small was huge! They were sweet but tasty. Friendly service too!

Best cinnamon rolls you can imagine - Edit

The fully customizable vegan cinnamon rolls in front of Berkeley University? Cannot be better! The rolls are very very very big, sweet and tasty, such as they are supposed to be. Definitively worth of visiting when you are in Bay Area.

Pros: many options, big cinnamon rolls

delicious cinnamon rolls - Edit

I visited cinnaholic with my sister on a trip to Berkeley. I haven't had a cinnamon roll in a long time and finding a vegan cinnamon roll store was a reason to change it. I made a customized cookie dough with chai frosting cinnamon roll. It came freshly baked and was so delicious. The ladies there were really nice. It wasn't too crowded and everyone loved what they got.

vegan munchies - Edit

This place was amazing. Completely vegan cinnamon shop near the college campus with flavors like oreo, twix, and blackberry pancake as well as customizable rolls with lots of options for frostings and toppings. I got the twix cinnamon bun and a chocolate espresso almond milk and it was delicious. Nice ladies working at the counter too.

for my sweet tooth - Edit

Delicious! I love the different toppings.

Sweet cinnamon rolls with loads of topping options - Edit

Absolutely delicious rolls, the place was full on a Sunday afternoon.
It took me 30 minutes to decide what topping to choose, luckily they have a few on display to help the beginners :)).
I loved the coconut cream pie, the triple chocolate was too sweet for me.
I can't wait to go back and try fresh strawberries and cream topping. :) I had my mind set on those.
They used to serve Ice Cream but not anymore, such a pity they don't anymore :(

Pros: All vegan, Fresh and delicious, Good price: 5.5$ for full topping

Cons: Stopped serving Ice Cream, Has limited seating (2 tables outside)

Best cinnamon roles in the Bay Area - Edit

Cinnaholic has some of the best cinnamon roles i've ever had! They're so moist and delicious with so many options for toppings. My go-to sweet treat! They have so many frosting and topping options as well as pre-made options if you can't decide. They also have some super good cookies and brownies that are a hidden gem in their store.

Pros: great customer service, lots of topping selections, very large portions

Delicious vegan bakery - Edit

Berkeley's all-vegan cinnamon bun shop, Cinnaholic, is a must shop, and then shop again experience. Everything there is mouthwateringly delicious, customizable, and simply melts in my mouth. Start with a basic cinnamon bun, very good by itself, add from a large selection of glazes, frostings, toppings, and enjoy!
Personal favorites, peanut butter & chocolate topping my buns!

Pros: All vegan, Variety, Friendly staff

Cons: Only one location, Parking

Unreal. So delicious. - Edit

If you have a sweet tooth, GO HERE.

This place is unreal. Everything is vegan, super delicious, and just plain awesome. Wish I could give 6/5.

Pros: All vegan, Super delicious

Amazing - Edit

I went to Cinnaholic on their opening day and it continues to be one of my favorite desserts ever. Trust me when I tell you that the maple frosting is the best! I get maple frosting with coconut shavings and pie topping. The banana frosting worth chocolate syrup and banana slices is also A+. They don't advertise as being vegan, so take your friends and wait until they are done eating before you spring the Vegan card on them. They'll never see it coming.

Pros: Amazing cinnamon rolls , Tons of frostings and toppings , They make cinnamon roll cakes to order

Cons: Randomly closed sometimes at work hours, Not a lot of sitting area

AMAZING! You need to go to Cinnaholic! - Edit

When staying in San Francisco we made a 2 hour round trip just to visit Cinnaholic and it was SO WORTH IT!

So many flavours.... I cannot recommend it enough!

Pros: Yummy food, Friendly staff, Generous portions

Another 5 star review - Edit

Stopped in for a late bruch cinnamon roll. Left with ten more to take to some friends.

Need we say more?

Pros: Too many to list

Cons: None could exist

Secret tips from a pro: TRY THE BROWNIES! and... - Edit

I go here almost every week. Here is a secret tip: While the cinnamon rolls are AMAZING, the brownies are RIDICULOUSLY AWESOME. There are no better vegan brownies in the world. Do yourself a favor and get a brownie to go, they are leaps beyond any vegan brownie I have ever had! Also the chocolate chip cookies are amazing too.

Another secret tip: If you're worried the cinnamon roll will be too sweet for you, get a day-old cinnamon roll. They are reduced price and they don't come with icing, so it makes them much less sweet if you prefer them that way. I actually like the day-olds better for that reason and usually get them!

Pros: Owner is superfriendly and nice, BEST VEGAN BROWNIES EVER, Day-olds at reduced price

Cons: Parking difficult

too much - Edit

I don't see how people can handle more than a single bite. Not sustainable food for life.

Epic! - Edit

Unbelievably delectable cinnamon rolls. I am in love.

Pros: many flavored toppings and frosting flavors

Just as amazing as everyone says!! - Edit

I was so excited to come here and had such high expectations, and Cinnaholic met all of them!! They had some "speciality" roll ideas or you could make your own; I locked from a book of idea combinations (Oreo Explosion :-) and my husband just created his own, they were both amazing!! I also got a small original roll just to try without any of the crazy toppings. They were sooooo good, just like I remember from Cinnabon but better- soft, warm, with melty frosting and the best part, the gooey center!! I probably could have eaten like four, they were so good. The staff was also really nice, and they had a few cute little tables outside where you could sit and eat (they are located right across from the Berkley campus). They said they're working on getting a franchising set up up and running...I hope they succeed, there should be one of these in every city!!

Pros: So delicious, a million creative flavor toppings/combinations , began cinnamon roles- what more could you want?!

Yes, Cinnaholic is in fact amazing. - Edit

What a great concept, all-vegan delicious specialty cinnamon rolls. Very similar to Cinnabon in selection, although Cinnaholic features a large variety of customizable toppings with none of the dairy yuckiness.

You can choose from fruity to full-on chocolate dessert mini or full-size rolls. So good for sure, but, be warned, if you're like me and don't eat loads of sugar regularly it will be really sweet, so maybe choose toppings to balance that out. (or consider buying some non-dairy milk to wash it down!)

The only negative is that it's a busy restaurant/store area so it won't be easy to find a parking spot to pick some up. Try going at an off-time or taking public transit.

PS. I heard through VeganSaurus that they're now going to franchise Cinnaholic to bring the yumminess to more communities, awesome!

Pros: So delicious, So easy to be vegan and have a treat

Cons: Messy.. but it's a cinnamon roll!

Return to Berkeley Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Cinnaholic closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.