Chennai Tiffins

818-883-2345

21510 Victory Blvd, Woodland Hills, California, USA, 91367

An Indian vegetarian restaurant with a vegan section on the menu. As of Oct 2016, has two other locations. Open Mon-Sun 11:30am-2:30pm, Mon-Thu 5:30pm-9:30pm, Fri 5:30pm-10:00pm, Sat 5:30pm-9:30pm.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Indian

First Review by Judahsunshine

Delicious but be careful if you're gluten free and vegan - Edit

The vegan menu is nice. But only the quinoa bowl, vada and idly are truly vegan AND gluten free. The rest of the vegan items use a dash of all-purpose flour. This is my 3rd time here and the first time someone explained it to me. If those aren't your issues, the food here is amazing, generous portions, beautifully plated and well-priced.

Pros: price, convenience

Cons: need more gluten free options

convenient and yummy - Edit

We were really craving Indian food and we found this place. It is completely vegetarian. They have a separate page on their menu just titled vegan which was very helpful.

We got
- 2 samosas
- 2 lentil donuts (GF)
- 1 potato dosa
- 1 plain dosa crepe

I suggest asking for it to not spicy BC they put this paste in the dosa which they later told us was actually very spicy and we went through 2 pitchers of water....not an exaggeration. But all the flavor a were there and the sauces were good too. All the food we got was vegan !!!EXCEPT!!!!! They brought us this sweet jelly stuff in a tiny tin and they said it would help with the spicyness. I assumed that since we made sure all our food was vegan that they would only bring us vegan sweet but I should have known BC when I called earlier to ask if they had any vegan sweets they said no. And after we finished the sugar paste And cured our agonizing fire breath, I asked them what it was. They said "wheat halwa with cashews" and when I later looked it up I found that it is made with ghee which is clarified butter. I was very upset after this, mostly at my self BC it's not their job to check everything for me when they aren't even a vegan establishment. But I do think that they should know if someone orders all vegan, not to serve them that.

DO NOT EAT ANY SWEETS OR HALWA BC THEY ARE NOT VEGAN!!!

Other than that, great food and will come back again and ask for the dosa without the spicy paste

Good price. Only $21 for everything we bought

Pros: vegan menu, yummy flavors and sauces , good service and kind

Cons: gave us a non vegan sweet and we thought it was ve

Return to Woodland Hills Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Chennai Tiffins closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.