CLOSED: Chelsea's Cafe

Contact 225-387-3679

2857 Perkins Rd, Baton Rouge, Louisiana, USA, 70808

Serves meat, vegan options available. Casual atmosphere with some veggie choies. At night this place turns into a bar venue with usually live music. After 10pm, you must be 18 or older to enter. JAN 2016 REPORTED SHUT. Mon-Sat 11:00am-2:00pm

Category: Lacto, Southern American, Soul food, Non-veg

First Review by veggie_librarian

For the Creative Vegan - Edit

I would love to give Chelsea's Cafe a 5-star review. They always provide wonderful service and offer a lively albeit comfortable atmosphere that's exactly what I'm looking for on a Friday night. However, I'm pretty disappointed by the lack of vegan options at this youthful offbeat restaurant. While vegetarian options are in greater supply, vegan options are few and far between. The veggie burger is not vegan and the pasta contains eggs. Many of the side vegetables dishes are cooked in butter, though olive oil can be substituted. For vegans, Chelsea's offers a grilled veggies & couscous medly that is pretty darn tasty. I'm hardly one to complain about a huge plate of hummus (sans feta cheese!!), but I'd be inclined to eat here much more often if they offered more vegan options, including a VEGAN Veggie Burger.

Pros: Atmosphere, Bar, Service

Cons: Limited Vegan Options

A Louisiana Tradition of Yumminess! - Edit

A great place to chill on a Friday evening after work. (or anytime). Yum food. Not a WHOLE lot to choose from in the vegan realm, but enough to get by. Their hummus is out of this world. Their cous-cous dish, with no cheese, is a great meal. The ambiance is the best part. You *will* have a great time @ Chelsea's.

Pros: Delicious food, Healthy , Chill Ambiance

Cons: Slim Vegan Choices

Great place...perfect for all diets. - Edit

I have (as a vegetarian) NEVER had trouble finding yummy food at Chelsea's. I love thier soups and sandwiches. It's perfect for "mixed" groups of vegetarians and carnivores and they have a great bar too. I miss this place since I moved from BR and I hope to go back on my next visit!

Pros: great menu, friendly staff, great bar

Cons: a little hard to find

Return to Baton Rouge Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Chelsea's Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2791 times since Oct 2009.