CLOSED: Champs Junior

• Vegan

Contact 347-844-9412

620 Manhattan Ave, Brooklyn, New York, USA, 11222

Its 2nd location opened Oct 2013. Serves vegan breakfast (from 10am) plus sandwiches, burgers, wraps, smoothies and shakes. Open hour varies, so call ahead. Note there is no restroom for customers. 2016 Seems that this Champs changed Screamer's Pizzeria.

Category: Vegan, American, Take-out, Bakery

First Review by yourfacehxc

sexcellent! - Edit

amazing food! probably the best vegan food ive ever had! so good I went 3 times in 2 days when visiting new york! great service and dedication to the customers! also the girl working there super cute and helpful with food recommendations! vegan heaven!

Pros: food, vegan, vegan junk food

Cons: small cafe

Great food like the original, limited menu - Edit

This Champs location has great diner food just like the original Champs (not necessarily healthy) but a more limited menu. The location is small with only a few tables. I love their salads so I was happy to see a few on the menu. My salad did seem smaller than those I get at the original Champs.

Pros: Good food

Cons: Minimal seating

VERY RUDE - Edit

Arrived here after a long walk, 10 minutes before their closing time, and the welcoming was awful, almost throwing me out the door. Will never come back

Pros: they didn't let me find any

Cons: very disrespectful

Champs Junior my champ Day 7 Vegan - Edit

Delicious "Junior Burger" beet burgers with lettuce, chipotle mayo and a pickle got request for jalapeños on my burger!!!! Yum. Happily consumed my vegan French fries in this sliver gem - has an East Village CBGB's feel (music not for everyone) but very clean no bathroom something I prize because I have a collapsed bladder from an abundance of fibroid tumors and I also can't wash my hands so I used fork and nice.

Followed up with Ginger Shot $4 ginger lemon and cayenne.

Food and service excellent -- edgy feel and kind compassionate professional service. Tiny space hugely satisfying delicious vegan food!!!!

Young crowd. I am the oldest and maybe only one without a tattoo except for the chef very nice guy and he cooks your food right there!

Pros: Delicious, Friendly staff, Upbeat

Cons: No bathroom

Diner food that makes you feel a bit less guilty. - Edit

Vegan bacon, tofu scramble and brunchy sandwiches/salads. This is the amazing NY diner I wish I had down the block from my house. The staff is always wonderful, even when crowded they keep your cup of coffee filled!!! Go for the comfort food and the funky Williamsburg vibe.

Pros: Food is delicious! Staff is great! Shakes amazing

Cons: This is NOT health food, more like vegan comfort f

Great food - Edit

I really like the food there.
We went to the restaurant after a storm so there were not many diners there, however I heard that it is generally very crowded, and being that the place is small most likely there will be a wait before getting a table.

Pros: Great food

Cons: Need to wait for a table

Awesome but slightly overpriced - Edit

Really love the menu here but always seem to be disappointed with the portions which could stand to be a bit larger. But the quality and taste are spot on. Their bakery items are good, not great. Much prefer other spots like Peacefood for vegan/gluten free baked but it's decent if you're really in the mood.

Pros: Great flavor, Good quality

Cons: Overpriced, Baked goods are just OK, Small restaurant

Return to Brooklyn Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Champs Junior closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2583 times since Mar 2014.