Castle Inn

+44-1766523515

1 Parciau Terrace, Criccieth, Wales, LL52 0RW

Serves meat, vegan options available. Small restaurant offering home-style made-in-house meals. Has vegan choices such as a 3 bean and roasted veg chili and a spinach and red pepper curry. Staff knowledgeable about veganism and the chef is on a plant based diet. Feb 2018 launched a separate vegan menu which can be viewed on the website. Since they are seasonal, please check their Facebook page for hours.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Beer/Wine, Take-out, British, Catering, Non-veg

First Review by MariRoberts

Absolutely amazing!!! - Edit

ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!! Have just left after visiting for my daughters 15th birthday. The food was out of this world!! I’m vegan and the vegan lasagne and coleslaw had me groaning in delight. Just wow. All handmade including garlic bread. Just delightful. Even showed me the “cheese” they used when I asked so I can get it it’s that good! My non vegan autistic exceptionally fussy son tried it and was shocked at how good it was. Staff were friendly and helpful from the second we stepped in the door. Lovely family room with games to use. Currently on holiday and can’t wait to visit again! Cannot recommend highly enough. Truly the best experience we have had in a restaurant on holiday anywhere!

Updated from previous review on 2018-04-12

Pros: Staff, Food, Environment

Cons: wont Let give five stars as not fully vegan , No cons, No cons

CastleInn 12 Apr 2018 - Thank you so much for the review! we are glad you enjoyed your visit to us, and we hope that you manage to find the cheese so you can enjoy it at home! :)

Great vegan options - Edit

Serves 6 vegan options. Uses separate fryers for vegan dishes. Has lovely vegan cheese. And does have vegan mayo for the coleslaw! Friendly service in cosy restaurant

Pros: Good choice on menu

Tasty new vegan menu - Edit

I just went here for the first time today as they had a takeaway stall showcasing some of their new vegan dishes. They were serving homemade soup, vegan curry, homemade falafel burgers and BBQ jackfruit wraps, and churros with chocolate and hazelnut dip.
I had the BBQ jackfruit wrap and my mum had a falafel burger and we both really enjoyed it. We also had some churros and they were very tasty, especially with the chocolate and hazelnut dip.
Everything on the menu was very cheap, the homemade soups was £1.50, chips were £1, and everything else was £5. Will definitely be returning!

Updated from previous review on 2017-12-07

Pros: Cheap, Tasty, Friendly staff

Cons: Dry coleslaw

Return to Criccieth Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Castle Inn closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.