Casse-Noisette

Contact 09-83775804

92 rue Docteur Vigne, Le Havre, France, 76600

A 100% vegan restaurant situated in the city center. Dine-in or take-out. Open Mon-Sat 12:00pm-2:00pm. Closed Sun.

Category: Vegan, International, Organic, Raw, Beer/Wine, Take-out, European, French

First Review by mina.aphrodosia

The most delicious food ever eaten ! - Edit

I discovered this place a year ago thanks to Happy Cow, and now I'm ADDICTED. Just regret that I can't go there more often... The atmosphere is really great, I love the design, the place is filled with love and happiness. A compassionate and kind woman, she is so creative, making originals and delicious meals at a great price ( ten to fifteen euros with a dessert ). There are also juices, and other beverages. Everything is local, organic, really good qualities, and the products are vegetarian/ vegan/ gluten free :)) The food is really nutritious, with different flavours, and it's just my happy place :)

Pros: amazing food, good values, variety

Cons: the portions may be a bit small for some people , not open in the afternoon, if you want a juice , little space

Nice, simple veg food - Edit

It was great to find an all-veg place in Le Havre, and the owner/chef was very friendly. The menu was fairly small when we came for lunch (there are typically one or two plates offered each day), but we had a nice meal. The cuisine feels a little old-fashioned given the rapid developments in vegan cooking, so don't expect cutting-edge plates, but definitely worth a visit if you're in the area.

Nice place to eat ! - Edit

This small restaurant is the only one of that kind in the city of Le Havre, and it's a nice and cosy place to eat.
All the meals and desserts are home made, and you can feel it : it's fresh, generous and tasty ! There aren't many choices (two plates and two or three desserts, with always a vegan choice), but it's enough because it's good - and inexpensive.
Vegans and vegetarians will be very happy and pleasantly welcomed, and all the others will have the opportunity to discover a healthy and different way of eating :)

Disappointing - Edit

Since France is not famous for its vegetarian cuisine, we wanted to explore as many veggie options as possible on our holiday. We made a detour of 1 1/2 hours off our main route to La Havre to try and support this little restaurant and sadly, were disappointed. It's a small place with a douzen tables or so and the young owner apparantely does everything by herself. This means tht she cooks two different courses (one vegan and glutenfree) and two choices of desserts (both vegan when we were there) and that's all there ist. She also waits the tables. There's nothing wrong with this concept, but sadly I must say that the food simply wasn't any good. We had a "curry" and reminded me more of a school kitchen than a curry. The rice was bland and the whole meal was kind of cold. The food comes at a very low price, but I'd rather pay more and have a good meal.

Pros: Only veggie place in Le Havre

Cons: Quality of the food (and coffee!), Overall a little unprofessional

Return to Le Havre Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Casse-Noisette closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.