Casa Sunba

Contact 480-557-8226

15 E 6th St, Tempe, Arizona, USA, 85281

Serves meat, vegan options available. Contemporary American cuisine with South American influence. Has a vegan section on menu, and vegan food is prepared on designated non-meat pans. Specialties are the house-made vegan carne asada in burrito and rice or pasta bowl with protein, starch, veg, and sauce. Vegan carne asada or seared portobello mushroom can be substituted for any meat on the menu. Sauces are vegan except for the jalapeno crema. Some dishes do include lard - ask staff for details. On the sun bar patio is a juice bar and organic espresso bar.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, American, Juice bar, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Mexican, South American, Non-veg

First Review by JohnnyD

worst place on mill - Edit

the bouncers are out of control here...

Hanging with friends at a table... bouncer tell us to move and they need our table... what repectable place does that to their customers?! Ok.. I ask why and to speak with a manager... the bouncer litterally pushed me out of the place. Didnt give me a chance to grab my stuff... close out my tab... or giver me a reason. Just that they wanted our table for some reason. I would have moved if asked... but to be told to leave your seat while just minding your business... WTF?! I will never come back here and I want everyone to know of how terrible this place is... there are too many good places on mill... dont waste your time here.

Cons: food, drinks, service

Underwhelmed... - Edit

I was SO excited to try the vegan street tacos! I got them and was unfortunately, unimpressed. They lacked sabor. I also paid like $4 for some of the most bland guacamole this side of the border.

I plan to give their carne asada bowl and vegan brunch a try one day. I'll update as needed at that time.

Cons: bland street tacos and guacamole

Great Vegan Carne Asada Rice Bowl - Edit

Just wanted to say how pleased I am that Casa Sunba serves an all Vegan Brunch in Tempe! The menu doesn't explicitly state this, but chef Joey can make anything Vegan with class. The cinnamon raisin waffles were divine. And the Carne Asada Rice bowl was a delectable!!!!! Props to Chef Joey who is also a Vegan!!!!!!! What a rare treat in the desert!!!!!

Awesome Vegan Menu Items! - Edit

I loved this place! I got the guacamole, which was delicious and way above average. For my entrée, I got the Vegan Carne Asada with added portabellas-it was nothing short of awesome! There was a great selection of beers on tap, as well and the bartender was super friendly and the service great. This will be the first place I visit the next time I'm in town.

Pros: Several Vegan option on the menu, Great selection of Beer!, Reasonably priced

Return to Tempe Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Casa Sunba closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 3212 times since Mar 2013.