Carrots n' Dates

Contact 519-962-5115

2090 Wyandotte St E (at lower unit), Windsor, Ontario, Canada, N8Y 5B2

Opened Jan 2013, this prepared food store offers plant-based gluten-free prepared food. Makes a variety of soups, entrees, bakery goods, raw desserts. Nothing is baked. Open Mon-Sat 8:00am-9:00pm.

Category: Vegan, American, Organic, Western, Take-out, Canadian

First Review by CraigForget

Best restaurant in Windsor! - Edit

Easily the best restaurant in Windsor. Unique vegan options with wonderful high quality ingredients, kind service, and cozy atmosphere. Also delivers, and serves alcohol! I bring every visitor to Windsor here, who are all non-vegan, and all enjoyed their meals very much! Check it out, you won't regret it.

Pros: Excellent unique vegan options with quality ingred, Sells alcohol, desserts, sauces, and other individ, Warm atmosphere

Cons: Limited seating during Sunday brunch, so get there

Raw in Windsor! - Edit

If you are use to raw food, you will find it comforting to go here. Standards abound and some really good raw truffles (try as I might, I can't NOT buy one each time I visit.) It's good to have somewhere really healthy to eat in this city. Recommended.

Great Tasty Choices! - Edit

Went with my friends a few weeks ago and we all got something different and sampled each other's and they were all so good! Menu and prices can be seen on their website. In my opinion, the meals are pretty cheap but the desserts and drinks are pricey. Also in a super cute area with lots of cafes! I'll definitely go again!

Pros: SO yummy!, Pretty fast service, Reasonably priced

Cons: Not a huge menu

Loved it - Edit

I got red stuffed pepper (which was delicious). The atmosphere was really neat as the store is under ground. There are to-go options, desserts, juices, soups, stews, and they always have a special of the day. I will totally be going back when I'm in Windsor again.

Pros: Nice atmosphere, Polite staff, Good food

Not Easy to Find But Worth It. - Edit

The address is for the front of the building. Carrot N' Dates is on the side of the building and below street level. Great salads, soups, smoothies, and deserts. All healthy and tasty.

Healthiest place to eat. - Edit

Carrot’s N Dates is by far the best healthiest place to eat in all Essex County. The owners are super nice people and they care about the quality of the food and helping small local businesses. They specialize in wholesome, gluten free and 100% plant based food made with the freshest and finest ingredients. The food is sourced local and GMO free when possible. All the food is made from scratch with no processed salts, refines sugars, fillers, dairy, eggs or preservatives. I hope you enjoy this place as much as I do.

Pros: Home made, delicious, friendly

Return to Windsor Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Carrots n' Dates closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 3719 times since Oct 2013.