American
Beer/Wine
Take-out
Gluten-free

Vegan eatery offering classic comfort food including Reubens, Philly cheesesteaks, Coney dogs, gyros and 'The Big Mock'. All sauces, cheeses, and desserts are made-in-house. Offers a selection of beer. Relocated from 350 Cabana Rd E. Open Wed-Thu 3:00pm-8:00pm, Fri-Sat 11:30am-9:00pm, Sun 11:30am-8:00pm. Closed Mon-Tue.

Venue map for Nooch
漏 OpenStreetMap contributors

First Review by MamaSinkins

DallasMcCulloch

Points +211

02 Mar 2024

Worth the trip over the river!

Went for a bite today while in Windsor from Michigan and I was stoked. Maggie was the bartender and she was rad. She recommended a really good local kombucha I had never had and a phenomenal seitan pita with tzatziki sauce and a good sized portion of poutine on the side.

It was worth crossing the river. No regrets and I will be back for more.

Updated from previous review on 2024-03-02

Pros: Delicious food, The staff are really cool and play good music., The Loonie is pretty weak right now!

Vit贸riaLuiza

Points +136

25 Feb 2024

Everything is amazing!

Nooch is truly a gem, everything is so good and the staff is really friendly, I've already had the poutine, BLT, tacos, burguer and soups. Definitely want to try everything on the menu!
Their desserts are also really good.

Pros: Everything

Ramy94

Points +133

03 Oct 2023

Absolutely worth the day trip from Detroit

I was in Detroit and decided to make a quick drive to Windsor just to have lunch here. The food was phenomenal - I had the poutine, the seitan bites, a kombucha, and the apple crisp cheesecake. I was stuffed but so happy I had gotten to taste it all. The server (who I actually think might have been the owner) was extremely kind, had great recommendations about the menu, and was just a wonderful presence to be around. Border patrol getting back into the US did not like it when I said I drove to Windsor just for lunch so maybe do some shopping in the area too while you're there lest you be selected for random secondary screening LOL

Pros: Top tier poutine, Great ambience, Ample and delicious dessert options

Cons: The US border is in the way of getting here!

ela647

Points +13

Vegetarian
27 Jul 2023

Tasty

Enjoyed eating here. Great atmosphere. Food was very good.

Pros: The seitan bites, Virgin Caesar , Clubhouse sandwich

C&Ecanada

Points +357

25 Jul 2023

No doubt about Nooch

We were blown away by this food. We had to get takeout and eat it later- it was incredible!! We had the Reuben, Mac n Cheese, and Ceasar Salad, all so good! We'll have to go for a sit-down meal another time.

Pros: Delicious food, Very filling, Decent prices

Squirrel606

Points +28

15 Jul 2023

Great Experience for my Canada Day vacation

I鈥檝e been vegan for a few years and this is first ever all vegan restaurant I鈥檝e been to.

I loved the incredible amount of options both food and drink and nice they have an impossible burger and tofu as fall-back options for some.

I had the poutine, Rueben and soup. The cheese cube curds were a little too vegan cheese tasting for me, but I liked the cheese sauce on it. Rueben and soup were entirely lovely. Soup did take a long time to cool down enough for me to eat.

Great service as well, and they tried hard to accommodate my rude mother.
It was odd that they only had 2 kinds of salad dressing to offer. Basalmic and blue cheese.

PurplePassiflora

Points +435

19 Mar 2023

Excellent

Beautiful restaurant, with incredibly friendly staff, and amazing food. I wish I could give them more stars. A great mix of comfort foods veganized and creative dishes that are fun and new. The poutine was great. There are so many items I would like to try! Will definitely be back.

Pros: Children's menu with child-friendly foods., Friendly owner and staff., Great food.

08 Jul 2023

Thank you so much for all these kind words!!!

JackieMcVittie

Points +30

29 Jan 2023

Our local fave

Since becoming vegan about 18 mos ago Nooch has become our go to鈥 local restaurant. We don鈥檛 eat out a lot so every time we go it鈥檚 a big treat. Usually I have a favourite dish at my regular restaurants and get it every time but there are so many great options at Nooch I always want to try something different. And the desserts are amazing! #Veganuary

Pros: Entire menu is vegan , Scrumptious desserts , Cool atmosphere

09 Jul 2023

We are honoured to be you "go to" local restaurant!!! Thank you so much for all your kind words, they mean a lot to us!!!

erinsvegan

Points +24

21 Jan 2023

Excellent Vegan food in Windsor! 馃槏

Such delicious food and great atmosphere! #Veganuary

Pros: All vegan options!, Excellent quality, Great atmosphere

Cons: None.

09 Jul 2023

Thank you so much for you wonderful review!!

JayKillnar

Points +206

20 Dec 2022

Favorite place to eat in Canada

The Poutine Fries and Philly are amazing we hope to go back soon to try other items.

RunawaysFarm

Points +103

02 Oct 2022

My favourite restaurant in Windsor-Essex

Our favourite spot never disappoints, and everyone we鈥檝e brought there has raved about it. Every single dish is lovingly crafted, and hits the comfort food mark without feeling heavy. Our favourites include the turkey club, donair (reminds me of my university days in Halifax), Philly cheesesteak sammie, and omg the cheesecake is to die for.

A nice touch is the made in Detroit cola, which is delicious!

Service is always excellent, and it鈥檚 a comfortable, beautiful spot to enjoy a top-notch meal.

Updated from previous review on 2022-10-02

Pros: Real vegan comfort food, Menu has something for everyone , Excellent service

VeganAmy75

Points +58

07 Sep 2022

Try the Mac n Cheese!

Food is tasty and filling. Friendly staff.

Pros: All vegan, Tasty dishes, Nice staff

H-bob

Points +234

09 Jul 2022

Always good service

A must visit place whenever we have visitors from out of town, and a regular date night place for any occasion!

Updated from previous review on 2020-06-25

Pros: All vegan, Best Vegan place in Windsor!, Super friendly

Cons: Parking can be challenging at times, Could use less oil in their food

giantvegan

Points +495

02 Jul 2022

A New Favorite

This was a fantastic experience. They鈥檝e got a very cute patio out back that鈥檚 dog friendly. Everyone was extremely friendly and just good vibes all around. The food was very tasty and was comfort food without being heavy. The desserts were also amazing and worth checking out. Overall this is probably now one of our favorite vegan restaurants we鈥檝e ever been to.

14 Sep 2022

Thank you so much for your kind words! They are very much appreciated and will be shared with our amazing staff!!

IronJuice

Points +982

30 May 2022

Amazing desserts and appetizers

Loved their vegan cr猫me br没l茅e and carrot cake! Absolutely phenomenal. I would just go to Windsor for their desserts!

The owner Keith is a cool guy, super nice. Nooch鈥檚 d茅cor is somehow modern and nostalgic at the same time.

Their Bites and Fries Supreme were also great. Seitan bites were very savoury, they kitchen was very generous in sauce. The creamy cheese sauce on Fries Supreme was irresistible!

For the mains, we had a wrap, a secret sandwich, and pasta. The wrap was the best. The setain steak in secret sandwich had too much sauce, it was salty, I did not enjoy it. The pasta was decent, I wished it would have been more flavourful.

Updated from previous review on 2022-05-30

Pros: Desserts were amazing

Cons: Mains can have improvements

marieroberts

Points +1427

28 May 2022

Best vegan eats ever

The ambiance, the service, the FOOD. All so awesome! Great selection on the menu, I wish Nooch was a chain all over the world, so delicious ~ a must visit !!

Pros: All vegan, Friendly staff, Delicious food

27 Sep 2022

Thanks so much for your review Marie, it was a pleasure meeting you and Joe!!

BharatPenumutchu

Points +16

11 May 2022

Best Vegan Food

Excellent restaurant. Probably the best Vegan Food I tasted. When I previously tasted Vegan Pasta and Chess it felt unauthentic but I must say eating their Pasta literally blew my hair backwards and I got the same feeling about their double chocolate cake. 2 years after being Vegan this has been the most fulfilling (non Asian) vegan food I have had in USA/Canada. I got the same taste when I ate vegetarian food.

The staff are amicable complimented by a super relaxing environment. KEEP IT UP.

Pros: The food., Environment , Amicable staff

Cons: Dim lighting., Open 6-8 hrs a day., Restaurant does not have OPEN sign.

SarahOszter

Points +30

18 Jan 2021

Different Specials Every Week

Not only is there food amazing but they keep it interesting by adding different specials weekly. Their service is friendly and attentive even though they are super busy all the time! A con is definitely liking the specials and then not being able to get them when you crave them 馃槀

DaveCavaliere

Points +44

10 Nov 2020

Fantastic

Delicious food and great service

ArianneAng茅lica

Points +54

26 Aug 2020

AMAZING

I had the "Ultimate Cheesy Pizza" and I've been dreaming about it every since. It came with fries and the portions were big so I wasn't even able to finish even though I really wanted to. Recommend 100%

LunaW

Points +46

14 Feb 2020

Dreamy, and Ethical

If you want comfort food, without the guilt, Nooch is the spot! The menu is incredible, and they really nail the texture, sauces and flavours. Fit for vegans and non-vegans alike! This food would make a non-vegan want to convert.

Pros: Comfort Food, Good Portion Sizes, Good Selection

Cons: Location is too small, Would like more gluten free options

Rlrn

Points +19

Mostly Veg
17 Nov 2019

One of the best!

I absolutely love this restaurant and find every excuse to go!

Pros: Good value, Extremely delicious, Great options

ChristineRett

Points +71

30 Sep 2019

Always amazing

The food is always delicious, service is always great. Dessert is a must.

Pros: Dessert, Big portions

Cons: Small restaurant

RichardSabastiaan

Points +16

29 Sep 2019

Best choice

My wife and I enjoyed Nooch so much we asked them to open another resto in London. Delisious deserts, and meal choices! One of the best vegan restaurants we have ever tried. Can not wait to be in the area again! Great staff , friendly, and really nice decor.

Pros: Nice sized portions., Licensed and a small patio too., Amazing desserts.

Cons: Only one location . Lol

miche433

Points +21

29 Sep 2019

great vegan food

We were visiting Windsor & found this great vegan restaurant. Friendly staff & atmosphere, great service.
Good sized portions of food & it was delicious! The butter tarts are the best!

bcaplan

Points +20

27 Sep 2019

A Most Incredible Experience

My wife and I had the most incredible experience at Nooch. We鈥檝e eaten at many vegan restaurants and this one is in my top five. Right away the owner greeted us, gave us excellent advice on the food, gave us a sample of their nacho cheese and checked with us throughout the meal. I have never had a Reuben sandwich like this one EVER... and I fear I never will again (I don鈥檛 live in town). Once our meal was over, he thanked us and shook our hands. Hands down, a restaurant everyone should experience.

Pros: All vegan and excellent prices, Comfort Food, Incredible ambiance and friendly staff

5veganbabies

Points +132

17 Aug 2019

Awesome Food Awesome Service

We took our kids over the border for a day trip while visiting Detroit. Everybody wanted to eat something 鈥淐anadian鈥 while we were there. I thought it would be hard to find something vegan let alone find something vegan and more traditionally Canadian! We found Nooch!!! We were able to get vegan poutine! Woot! I also got the Cobbish salad which had the cutest avocado egg on it! My husband got the BLT. My kids got the cheesy noodles, Big Mock (like a vegan Big Mac), and a Reuben. Everyone was happy. The waiter was really great and funny and just the right amount of attention.