Taloola Cafe

Contact 519-254-6652

396 Devonshire Rd, Windsor, Ontario, Canada,

Serves meat, vegan options available. Quaint, eccentric cafe and tea shop is located in the Olde Walkerville area of Windsor along the Detroit River. Serves soups, sandwiches, salads, rice bowls, specialty coffees, wine and beer. Has vegan desserts. Special raw food menu offered on Wednesday. Uses many local, healthy, organic ingredients.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Organic, Beer/Wine, Non-veg

First Review by Ilovewholesomefood

One of the best restaurants in Windsor! - Edit

The atmosphere is great and the food is fantastic. A lot of time and effort goes into it all! I love bringing my friends here also.

Pros: Vegan friendly, Excellent food, Staff is great

Cons: Limited seating

My Feel Good Place to go! - Edit

My first go-to place - I always "feel good" coming here.I adore the quaint, funky, chic atmosphere, the staff who work there and the food is sublime. They always have a variety of vegan options, organic and fair trade coffees and teas. The deserts are heaven and again there are vegan options and some raw options too! Popular place, be prepared to take out if busy (have only had to do that once) was always able to find a seat or share a table - yeah - some people are cool like that ;) Great place for the hip, not so hip, vegan and meat eater alike. I recommend to everybody

Pros: vegan options, taste is always fantastic, very reasonable prices

Good option for vegan and omni - Edit

Its a little hectic ordering at the very small counter and trying to find a place to sit as it is so busy. But, the food and service were wonderful and I love that there are so many vegan options. I would go again when in town.

Pros: good food, vegan options, cosy, eclectic atmosphere

Cons: cramped counter area

Unique dishes, awesome flavour - Edit

I can't get enough of Taloola! I love the atmosphere and the veg options available.

My favourites include the Couscous Delight, Tofu steak over greens and couscous, soup, chili, Chichi Roti, and Veggie Loola! They have vegan cookies and banana bread as well. Soy milk options available for many of their smoothies. Enjoy!

Pros: Selection, Flavour, Friendly staff

Cons: Prices add up when I buy everything...

In Windsor? Eat Here. - Edit

I'm an old school Windsor-ite who moved on in the early '90's. When the all you can eat $5 veg restaurant closed (no joke! In Windsor!) there wasn't anything for more than a decade until Taloola opened up. Taloola's isn't even all vegetarian. But it's the best Windsor has going for it if you are not adventurous enough to check out nooks and cranies for ethnic food (you should, you need to). My meat eating parents like to go there. The food is always good, priced decently, and we all like the atmosphere. I am always psyched over what kind of vegan desserts they will have for me when I visit. A gem in a sea of cheap pizza, fatty Chinese and heart stopping burger and fries...

Pros: decent veg selection, some vegan baked goods, great atmopshere

Cons: closes early on sundays, not open monday

Worth the Trip to Windsor - Edit

I live in Detroit, but on occasion, I travel the short distance to Windsor. When I do, one of the few places I would consider eating is Taboola Cafe. It's not entirely Vegan, but there's several delicious vegan items from which to choose. The decor is fun. You can eat outside or inside. The baked goods are great. Try it.

Cute Cafe :) - Edit

Located near the river in Windsor Canada is a very cute little cafe called Taloola. The atmosphere was great and had I had more time to spend there, I would have because it was very cozy. I also wanted to note that the staff were incredibly friendly, they even let me use US dollars since I didn't have Canadian dollars (a big plus). After your meal, try a vegan cookie. ;)

I'd say this place is 3.5 cows, but given that there's not many options in the area, I give it a 4.

Most Wholesome Vegi Option in Essex County - Edit

Lots of creativity at Taloola's. Not only with the food but also the decor. Local musicians play on Saturday night as well.
Simply adore the menu selections and the raw food on Wednesdays from 5-9 or 10pm is a BIG bonus.
Has a vegi soup available everyday. I've tried the Chickpea pita, Mediteranean Salad, (chickpeas, beets, carrots and feta) grilled tofu sandwich and tofudru(sorry may have spelt that one wrong) and like all of them very much. Still to try is the Vegiloola pita.
Carrots are organic. Always has a vegan dessert on hand. Has smoothies, my favouite is the one with carob and banana. Can be made with soy or dairy.
Raw food deserts are so creative on Wednesdays. I've tried the blueberry vegan cheesecake and carob tarts-So Divine. Worth going for the desserts alone. Raw food meals are a bit more pricier about $14.95 but worth it as the chef is very creative and also is very passionate about raw food and health and puts her love into the food and service making is that much more delicious. I've tried the Thai Stir Fry which was mighty good. If you can't afford $14.95, there are good filling and wholesome appetizers like a Nori Roll or a spring roll. They are about $5 or $6.
You must check it out if you come to Windor or live in Essex County. It's a very inviting atmosphere. A big sign on a post outside reads, "Come on In", you can't miss it.
Happy Eating!!!

Pros: some organic food, cool vegi options, super staff

Cons: can't really think of any

Return to Windsor Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Taloola Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2743 times since Jan 2010.