First Review by ELyzab

Rubbish for vegans - Edit

came across this place by mistake clearly marketed towards vegetarians. However when I asked about making an ammendments to an item to make it vegan staff were very blunt and quite frankly rude towards me. Didn't really see the need for the attitude.

Good Food - Edit

This is cheery, busy little place in an arcade. They had an unusual and delicious casserole consisting of Thai peanut sauce and courgettes on broken rice. It came with four salads for £9.25, so not cheap, but very good food.

Strangely for a vegetarian restaurant, the place is filled with "snowy tops" - pensioners. But the food is fully vegetarian and the featured dish vegan.

Positive energy, befitting of Chichester, fills the place. Definitely recommended.

Pros: good tasty vegan / vegetarian food, easy to find, lively, happy environment

Cons: could be priced a little more reasonably, need more vegan desserts

vegetarian heaven (just not vegan heaven) - Edit

When I lived in Chichester and was vegetarian I loved to eat at cafe Paradiso as you knew everything was not only veggie, but very tasty. On visiting Chichester yesterday, and now a vegan, I thought I'd see what they could offer me although I knew my favourite (the stuffed potato skins) were off my menu. I hadn't realised they used so much cheese! The only thing I could eat was their salad, missing out the coleslaw and potato salad (the cous cous also had honey in). Don't get me wrong, the salad was yummy, but it was a salad. I guess I thought they would have caught up with the times and offered at least one vegan dish and maybe one vegan cake (they often do a gluten free one). Never mind. For a vegan the salad is good for one visit, vegetarians you are truly spoilt and make sure you visit!

Pros: vegetarian , Independent, friendly

Cons: not geared up for vegans, cheese heavy

Return to Chichester Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Cafe Paradiso closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 3368 times since Aug 2007.