Cafe Oranje

n/a

312 King St E, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada, L8N 1C2

Serves meat, vegan options available. Dutch-style cafe in Hamilton's international village. Menu offers savory pies, sandwiches, quinoa salads, locally-sourced vegan baked goods, and sometimes vegan soup. Serves fair-trade coffee with soy milk option. Open Mon-Sat 8:00am-5:00pm, Sun 10:00am-4:30pm.

Categories: Lacto, Ovo, Western, European, Dutch, Non-veg

First Review by DarligUlv

Cosy and delicious - Edit

Sweet little coffee shop in Hamilton’s downtown area. Offering a variety of hot and cold drinks, desserts, sandwiches and breakfast choices.

Pros: vegan friendly , locally sourced, cosy

Mixed Feelings - Edit

Checked this place out on the weekend. I had a soup and sandwich combo with tea and my boyfriend just a sandwich. Perfect amount of tasty tasty tasty food for me but my carnivorous other half found that although the food was very good it was not nearly enough for him considering what we paid.

The fresh made sweet potato and bean soup was so delicious!

Pros: Amazingly friendly staff (like really genuine) and, Fresh ingredients prepared with care, Great delicious vegetarian options

Cons: Small potions if you are a big eater, A little bit pricy, Gets very busy in small space

cafeoranje 18 Dec 2017 - Thank you for your review. We're so glad you enjoyed our soups and sandwiches! We are primarily a specialty coffee shop so our food tends to be light fare, baked goods & light breakfasts & lunches. All of our products are high quality and sourced locally, so we may be a little pricier than the franchises, but we are committed to quality and supporting local economies, so we feel this justifies the price. We do have one sandwich that is quite filling that our extra hungry customers enjoy called the Big Dutch. It has spiced gouda and edam cheeses, egg and two beef croquettes all hot pressed between two slices of multigrain rye - very filling and delicious! Thanks again for taking the time to review us. We hope you and your other half will return and try the Big Dutch. Cheers!

Return to Hamilton Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Cafe Oranje closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.