Cafe Mediterraneo

506-24797497

400mtrs sur del Redondel de La Fortuna de San Carlos, La Fortuna, Costa Rica

Serves meat, vegan options available. Pizzeria where vegetarians could have pizza and salad but not for vegans except salad. Nice ambiance.

Categories: Lacto, Pizza, Italian, Mediterranean, Non-veg

First Review by Soul2Soul Educare

Best italian food I've ever had - Edit

Ok this is not for vegans, I'm sorry, but vegetarians will find great stuff. Their four cheeses pizza (sorry! I really am!) is the best pizza I've ever had. Also made me a vegan ravioli on demand, with extra avocado for protein.

Pros: Friendly staff, Super delicious

Cons: Pricey, Not many vegan options

“Note this is not Greek/Mediterranean but Italian! - Edit

We went to this restaurant thinking that we would get some good hummus, falafels etc. but were disappointed that it was a pizza place! Since it was quite a drive from our hotel, we decided to eat here. We ordered two salads and a pizza. Nothing to write home about - especially if you compare to pizza in the US. The service was friendly though, and the ambience was good. I guess if you're just looking for a break from the typico costa rican food, then you might like this little diversion.
We had a good time, but were really craving Mediterranean so weren't totally satisfied.

Pros: Vegetarian options, Vegan options

2 Responses

YohanaGenova 22 Dec 2015 - Do they have vegan cheese? I see you mentioned ordering a pizza?
I'll be there in Feb so wanted to plan ahead.
Thanks!

Soul2Soul Educare 23 Dec 2015 - no vegan cheese - in fact most of Costa Rica doesn't quite understand "vegan" :(

Return to La Fortuna Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Cafe Mediterraneo closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.