Cafe Camelia

Contact 934153686

Calle Verdi 79, Barcelona, Spain, 08012

Cafe with a homey atmosphere and art on the walls. Food and baked goods are made on the premises. English spoken. Since 2011. Open Mon-Sat 10:00am-12:00am, Tue-Sun 12:00am-12:00am.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Western, Juice bar, Take-out, Bakery, Spanish

First Review by SarahMorgan

Lovely lunch menu - Edit

We visited Parc Guell and had read that this cafe was near. It was at least a 20 minute walk but worth it.
Lunch starts at 1.30. There is a 3 course lunch for 10.90 euros.
I had gazpacho soup which. I knew would be served cold and wondered if I would like it but it was very tasty with lots of olive oil.
Next I had polenta with vegetables and salad and it was light as a feather.
The only dessert on the set menu was chocolate cake which was nice enough.
The waitress spoke English and was very helpful.
I would definitely recommend this cafe if in that area.

Pros: Relaxed atmosphere, Lovely food, Good value

Buena opción para desayunos y brunch - Edit

Café Camelia es una cafetería que, teniendo una carta sencilla pero completa, ofrece la opción de un desayuno-almuerzo saludable y sabroso. Variedad de cafés e infusiones, y pasteles caseros. Ofrecen carta de noche, escueta y sencilla también, sin demasiada variedad, pero bien preparada. Muy buen servicio, propio de un restaurante. Localización en zona alta de Gracia. Muy buena la decoración, acogedora.

Pros: Vegetarian breakfast, Cozy atmosphere, Attentive staff

Cons: Limited menu for lunch

Excellent cafe for coffee or meal - Edit

This cafe is located a convenient walk from Park Guell and we visited Cafe Camelia twice, one just for coffee and cake in the morning and one for lunch (at 1pm).

In fact we originally started saying we wouldn't eat at the same place twice as there were so many veggy cafes and restaurants in Barcelona, but the atmosphere was so friendly and relaxed it deserved a second visit.

Relaxed local cafe - Edit

Nice ambience in local cafe. Went for breakfast with my husband. We had homemade bagel and Philadelphia and flapjack, thick hot chocolate and coffee. Service was quite slow but all was enjoyable. Lunch menu looked good value.

Pros: Atmosphere, Friendly

Return to Barcelona Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Cafe Camelia closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.