Build a Burger

Contact 02890234595

75 Botanic Avenue (at University), Belfast, Northern Ireland, BT7 1LJ

Serves meat, vegan options available. A small, two level fast food burger and chips joint. Offers two vegetarian/vegan burgers, one is a spicy beanburger, the other a veggie mince. Though not labeled, the majority of the sauces and toppings are vegan friendly, and soya milk is used to make the tobacco onions. The seasoning on the fries is suitable for veggies but not vegans so be sure to mention specific dietary requirements. Sit in or take away. Open Mon-Sat 11:30am-9:30pm. Closed Sun.

Category: Lacto, American, Fast food, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by Julia*

Yummy grub - Edit

I initially reviewed Build-A-Burger giving them a 4 but would love to up this to a 5 star rating as their food's just so delicious. They have the best vegetarian and vegan burger options in Belfast and their chips are amazing. I love the fact they have a couple of veggie burger options - a micro protein burger or a spicy bean burger - no other chip shop I know offers such good veggie burger options. Plus the burgers are super massive and tasty and you can choose your own breads and fillings from a huge range of options. The fillings on offer cover everything from the usual burger accompaniments to options such as olives, sundried tomatoes, rocket leaves and a huge range of sauces and dressings. So you can have a standard, gourmet or any weird and wonderful burger you can think up. Truly yummy grub.

PREVIOUS REVIEW:
I really like Build A Burger. Massive burgers and you can pick your own breads, fillings and burger. I love the fact they have a couple of veggie burger options - a micro protein burger or a spicy burger. Great range of fillings and their chips are delicious. Yummy grub.
Updated from previous review on Saturday August 15, 2015

Updated from previous review on Monday August 17, 2015

Best veggie burger I ever had - Edit

This place does the best veggie burger I have ever had!

I am not normally a fan of veggie burgers to be honest, but this place has perfected it. I've tried shopping around, as well as coming up with a similar recipe to cook at home when my family has a BBQ etc. But I just haven't come close to Build a Burgers.

As well as the veggie burger, they also do a very tasty vegan bean burger.

The staff are quite friendly and helpful, I would highly recommend it.

I would give this place a 5, but I can't.

Superb burgers - Edit

One of the best Vegan burgers I've ever had. The added salad was brilliant and the staff treated me, asking for it all to be vegan, like it was normal. If going to Belfast again I would eat there again.

Pros: Friendly staff, Great ingredients , 2 Veggie burgers

Fantastic! - Edit

Just as everyone has said - two vegan burgers and they will make fries just for vegans. I doubt you could make the same burger twice because of how many toppings they have. The extra seating up stairs is nice when it's busy.

Pros: Price, Options

ful(l)filled - Edit

i went here for lunch today after reading the earlier reviews in happy cow and they are spot on. the staff i spoke to really get what vegans are. the woman took time to explain which sauces were vegan and offered a sample of the tobacco onions. (tasty!)
i must add that i've got a big appetite but after the burger and chips i came out fulfilled.

Pros: staff knowledge, 2 vegan options, big burgers, big chips

Cons: serves up dead animals, only 2 vegan options

Are you Vegan or Vegetarian? - Edit

I am blown away. At this burger bar there are 2 different vegan burger options. Granted neither of them are that amazing (one spicy bean and one plain soy), but still. The toppings you can have are insane. So many combinations. The chips are NOT VEGAN due to the topping they sprinkle on, but when you order a Vegan burger they ask if you are Vegan and will automatically make you Vegan chips!! Now that is service. They won't let you choose non-Vegan toppings either - they are extremely knowledgeable and say they serve many many Vegans over the course of a week.

huge burger and chips for £5 - Edit

This was the first restaurant in which I was asked if I was a vegan or a vegetarian, I was amazed! The burgers are really nice and you can add as many vegetables/ sauces etc as you want. Burger + chips for £5, great price!

Pros: vegan options, great selection, friendly staff

Vegetarian

Contributions +11

100% recommended ! - Edit

After finding Build a Burger through happycow.net I decided to go along and give them a go. Now, a week later, I have been to Build a Burger 3 times already! The staff are super friendly, 100% vegan+vegetarian accommodating and even better, it's actually NICE vegan and vegetarian food ! Not soggy cardboard! I highly recommend this restaurant to all vegetarians and vegans when you're in Belfast !

Oh and almost forgot to mention just how affordable the food is ! And fresh ! For £5 you get a burger, freshly made chips (REAL chips) and a drink ! All the food is fresh that day and made in store daily.

*****Please note I wanted to give 5 stars not 4 ( : ******

Pros: Affordable, Friendly staff, Fresh food

Return to Belfast Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Build a Burger closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2094 times since Feb 2012.