Buddha Chay

Contact n/a

31 Dang Tat, Tan Dinh Ward, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam,

Traditional Vietnamese dishes served in a comfortable atmosphere. Offers a large selection mock meat, tofu, and mushroom dishes. Open Mon-Sun 11:00am-9:00pm.

Category: Vegan, Vietnamese

First Review by earth.and.eats

Not worth it - Edit

Well it sure wasn't what I expected. First of all, it's not actually vegan, if I recall. I think there are some instances of dairy and eggs on the menu, so make sure with your waiter or waitress.

Second, it's definitely not a budget place, as it's listed on Happy Cow. Probably about 80k/main.

And third, the food wasn't all that good. I had a jackfruit hotpot. Not a large portion. It was okay, but not very flavorful, and so salty I couldn't taste anything else. Had to pay extra for rice to go with it too. Even the napkins cost money!

I had jackfruit at Ah Di Da Phat, in the neighborhood that night. Twice as good and half the price, for more food. So what are you paying so much for here? Air conditioning, a security guard to open the door for you, and full-color printed spoon protectors. I was not impressed.

Pros: good variety

Cons: overpriced, mediocre food, pay extra for everything

Return to Ho Chi Minh City Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Buddha Chay closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.