CLOSED: Bowich

• Veg-friendly

Contact 613-695-8828

155 Bank Street (at Laurier), Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, K1P 5N7

Serves meat, vegan options available. Entirely organic sandwich shop offering a couple vegetarian sandwiches and one vegan sandwich. Daily sandwich specials sometimes vegan, soups are often vegan. Place to lunch with a mixed diet group. May 2014, reported closed to HappyCow.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Organic, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by sfek

Mmm Bowich - Edit

I am mostly vegetarian, but I do eat fresh fish from time to time. Feeling adventurous and because I had heard so many good things about this place, I decided to try the salmon and avocado sandwich on my way home from work the other night. I have to say the result was outstanding! it came with 3 halves (much to the delight of my friend who ate the third half with out guilt) and a side of potato salad which had a nice spicy tingle to it. Top notch food,cool place.

Pros: Great food, Cool vibe

Cons: ?

Interesting flavors-hearty lunch! - Edit

I had the vegan coriander chickpea sandwich at Bowich. Very hearty sandwich and the flavour combination was refreshing. The potato salad that came with was ok, nothing spectacular.

The location itself is minimalist and trendy. They make your sandwich/salad for you specifically, so don't expect really fast takeout (15 minutes even when they're not busy).

Its a little on the pricier side for a sandwich and salad (~$13) but its hard to argue with high quality ingredients and great taste.

Pros: Flavour, Organic, Options for veg and non-veg

Cons: Cost

Return to Ottawa Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Bowich closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1375 times since Sep 2011.